Profile for P. Smith > Reviews

Dayan GuHong 3x3x3 Speed Cube 6-Color Stickerless Magic Cube
Dayan GuHong 3x3x3 Speed Cube 6-Color Stickerless Magic Cube
Offered by Physn

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and loose, 14 Jun. 2016
Arrived half-way through the 20-day delivery window. It is the non-stickered version thankfully, after reading some angry reviews once I'd ordered it.
My daughter loves it but apparently a corner came off it a couple of times in the first day. It was easy to put the piece back together but I wonder whether this is just a result of it being a 'speed' cube or shoddy quality... I've give it the benefit of the doubt and not down rate it.

d-c-fix® Static Cling Window Film (no adhesive) Frost 67.5cm x 1.5m 338-8011
d-c-fix® Static Cling Window Film (no adhesive) Frost 67.5cm x 1.5m 338-8011
Offered by san direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality and no peeling or bubble problems, 9 Jun. 2016
Great product and adds an excellent level of privacy to my garage window. It's simple to put up with just water misted onto the clean window. Before using a credit card to push the excess water and bubbles out it can be moved into position easily enough. I used a plastic ice-scraper normally used for a freezer which was more sturdy than using a credit card. Don't skimp on pushing the bubbles out... I've had no problems at all and no returning bubbles or peeling.

Duronic [HRS1051] 5 Port HDMI Auto Switch Box plus Remote - 5x1 HUB (5 way input 1 output) 1080p Full HD Switcher
Offered by DURONIC

4.0 out of 5 stars No problems., 10 April 2016
The LED light is brighter than it really needs to be so end's up being noticable at night. It's easy to cover it with tape though.

ButterFox Thumb Grips 6 Pack for PS4 Controllers (PlayStation 4)
ButterFox Thumb Grips 6 Pack for PS4 Controllers (PlayStation 4)
Offered by Lukia

5.0 out of 5 stars They do the job., 10 April 2016
No problems after about a year of use.

SanDisk Ultra 32 GB USB Flash Drive USB 3.0 up to 100 MB/s - Black
SanDisk Ultra 32 GB USB Flash Drive USB 3.0 up to 100 MB/s - Black
Offered by PicStop

4.0 out of 5 stars Less than helpful LED indicator, 10 April 2016
It does the job but the LED indicator is annoying. Other USB sticks I've had usually have an LED that stays on when mounted and flashes when written to or read from, which is logical. This one though pulsates all the time (on and off cycle over two seconds roughly) and pulsates slightly faster when reading/writing - so I need to stare at it to figure out what it's doing rather than just flashing only when it's doing something.
To add to this annoyance, the LED is dim blue and only visible on one side so because my PC is oriented oddly I can't see it easily. Again other USB sticks make it so the LED is visible from both sides or many orientations, or the LED is bright so I can see it light up nearby things.
Because of the daft LED I'll look to other makes/styles in future.

Corsair CMY16GX3M2A2400C11R Vengeance Pro Series 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 2400Mhz CL11 XMP Performance Desktop Memory Kit - Red

5.0 out of 5 stars No complaints, 10 April 2016
Works fine with my MSI Gaming 5 motherboard. I had to go into the bios to set 2400Mhz but after that it's worked without a hitch.

12w LED Driver Transformer for MR16-MR11-G4 LED Light Bulb by Long Life Lamp Company
Offered by Strictly Lamps

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but fiddly connections., 10 April 2016
It produces a stable output for my LED bulbs so that is the important thing. The connections are a little delicate and so I wasn't entirely sure I had a good connection so it lost a star because of this.

SLx 27824BMG 8 Output 4G Compatible Aerial Distribution Amplifier
SLx 27824BMG 8 Output 4G Compatible Aerial Distribution Amplifier
Offered by MCM-Sales

5.0 out of 5 stars Great as ever., 10 April 2016
Bought one of these to replace a 4-output version that has lasted well over then years and was still going when I decommissioned it as needed more outlets.

LE® 4W GU10 MR16 LED Bulbs, 50W Halogen Bulbs Equivalent, 310lm, Cutting Edge Design, Warm White, 3000K, 38 °Beam Angle, Spotlight, LED Light Bulbs, Pack of 5 Units

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great LE bulb, 10 April 2016
I have nine of these in my kitchen and they are all still working fine. I have since bought a pack of five because they are great bulbs so when some eventually fail I'll have the same exact sort to replace them with. I don't expect any to fail as they are good quality. As mentioned in other LE bulb product reviews on Amazon I've done recently, I currently go for LE bulbs over others and these are no exception - and no, I don't have any connection to LE!

Ram Aluduct 102mm x 10m Low Noise Ducting
Ram Aluduct 102mm x 10m Low Noise Ducting

4.0 out of 5 stars Low noise - as long as your extractor is off, 10 April 2016
Good quality. It comes in a special RAM box that you can pull out how much you need and then push back the rest for next time.
The ducting keeps its shape mostly but still needs to be supported if you want a straight horizontal run because of pesky gravity.
It does seem to let noise from the extractor fan travel much more freely that the plastic ducting I replaced - so my extractor in the bathroom sounds more noisy as a result. The extractor sounds more like a hotel one now so I don't know whether that's a good thing or not!
I have since found a RAM sonoduct that perhaps I should have bought instead.
Four stars because 'low noise' is kind of misleading.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5