Profile for Jacob Marley > Reviews

Content by Jacob Marley

Jacob Marley

Knit Vintage: More than 20 patterns for starlet sweaters & other knitwear from the 1930s, 1940s & 1950s
by Madeline Weston

2.0 out of 5 stars Very poor., 13 Jan 2014
I, too, was very taken by this lovely-looking book and thought the garments were beautiful. i bought the yarn, but, before I even started the first pattern (Jayne, p.17) I realised the number of inches/cms given for the ribbed welt was completely wrong...far too few. I added several, knitted them, then looked at the instructions for the 8-row pattern...didn't make sense, numbers didn't add up at all. Had to give up. I telephoned the publisher. The outcome of this was that I was emailed the right pattern (watch this space). Very helpful people there, but they only gave me corrections for the above pattern and the Greta wristwarmers/gloves. I would be interested to know if any other purchasers have found other patterns to be wrong.

I have been knitting for years and this the first time I have ever come across mistakes like these....even free patterns in magazines are right.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 8, 2014 12:09 PM GMT

The Devils (Special Edition) [DVD] [1971]
The Devils (Special Edition) [DVD] [1971]
Dvd ~ Oliver Reed

5.0 out of 5 stars Justice done to an extraordinary film, 21 Mar 2012
While, given the intransigence of Warner, this is not the full uncut version of "The Devils", it's the best we shall have for the foreseeable future. The film itself looks quite stunning, given the quality of the restoration, while the extras are an embarrassment of riches. This is the release the film deserves and the people who have worked on it can feel proud of it.