Profile for Fiona W > Reviews

The Very Best of Latin Jazz
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Sizzling!, 21 Jun 2007
This is an awesome compilation - absolutely perfect for the summer months. With some real Latin Jazz classics - including the brilliant Mas Que Nada, this 2 CD album is absolutely great from beginning to end. The summer starts here!

My First Love
My First Love
Price: 9.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Nicky Spence - My First Love, 15 Jan 2007
This review is from: My First Love (Audio CD)
`My First Love' is the debut album from this brilliant young Scottish tenor. I first saw Nicky at the Classical Brits last year and was mightily impressed, so I'm pleased to discover that this album doesn't disappoint. Nicky has real vocal ability and the depth in his voice lends a great emotional and honest quality to these tracks. At the beginning of every new year we look out for the artists who look set to become huge stars - in Nicky Spence I think we've just found our first new star for 2007.

Amore
Amore
Offered by Dirty Deals UK
Price: 6.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Andrea, 29 Nov 2006
This review is from: Amore (Audio CD)
Andrea Bocelli simply has one of the most beautiful voices in the world. Amore is a collection of fine love songs, which Bocelli sings absolutely beautifully. These tracks are really suited to his style - they just sound so rich and you can really feel the emotion in his voice. The production on this album is equally great and Amore really is one of the most beautiful albums of the year.

Vellum: The Book of All Hours
Vellum: The Book of All Hours
by Hal Duncan
Price: 7.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Challenging but rewarding, 22 Aug 2006
I disagree with the previous reviews. I found this to be an interesting and intelligent read, that drops in lots of (seemingly) well reserched snippets about different cultures and mythologies. Admittedly there is lots going on, and it can be hard to follow, but if you perservere you will be rewarded. Anyway, who wants to read boring, guessed-the-ending type novels? Not me! Give me a challenge anyday! Looking forward to the second part.

Ikon
Ikon
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 11.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Ikon-ic, 9 Mar 2006
This review is from: Ikon (Audio CD)
This is a truly outstanding CD with some of the finest choral music I have ever heard. Conducted by Harry Christophers, The Sixteen really prove themselves as one of the finest ensembles in the world. This album definitely has a spiritual feel to it and this adds a real depth to the music. With work by Rachmaninov, Stravinsky, Holst and MacMillan all featured on this disc I really feel that this is The Sixteen’s best work to date. I simply cannot see how this album could be improved and I cannot recommend it highly enough. Absolutely brilliant!