Profile for Chuckle22 > Reviews

Content by Chuckle22

Chuckle22

Lonely Planet Europe on a shoestring (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet Europe on a shoestring (Travel Guide)
by Lonely Planet

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent resource for the Europe-hopper, 17 May 2013
Really good resource for anyone looking to explore many different places in Europe and not looking for anything to in-depth. I am interrailing for a month and the guide book contains all the essential information that I was after such as currency, accomodation, travel, food, things to see/do etc etc...

A very thick and heavy book which I wasn't expecting, for some stupid reason, because there is information on 30+ countries. However, I bought a Lonely Planet when I went to Tanzania and that was my bible out there, so I don't think I'll mind carrying this one around with me. Have had a little read and it hasn't disappointed me so far as it tells me everything I need to know and is a great little read anyway - I can quite happily sit there reading it all night!

As it is very much a summary of each country, there is mainly information on the more well known sights/attractions in each place, although there is a bit of text on the lesser known places to go and things to see/do.
There is so much material on each country that you probably never finish the book. It's something you can flick through as and when you need/want to and there is always something else to learn and find out about.

So, in summary definitely recommended book to buy if you don't mind carrying it around on your travels. I prefer taking the hard copies but if you're more into technology then you can always get the kindle edition if you'd prefer.

Definitley has all the info you need to keep yourself fairly safe but does not delve to deeply into each area. However, a good thing in my opinion that it only scratches the surface, because sticking to closely to the book will mean that you will miss the hidden gems in and about places!!

:-)