Profile for sublimedub > Reviews

Content by sublimedub

"sublimedub"

5.0 out of 5 stars This Albums Is Brilliant, 21 Aug. 2005
This review is from: Dial 'M' for Monkey (Audio CD)
Ok iv'e just finnished listening to the album. i settled down and really listened and it is sheer brilliance! from the first harp chords of "noctuary," to the fade out of "light pattern," i was constantly interested. I havn't listened so intently to an album since i got Geogaddi By Boards Of Canada! this album is set to sore in my list of personal favorites. I recomend this as ESSENTIAL LISTENING for any one who is into Boards of Canada, Kruder and Dorfmeister or Diplo but also for any one just getting into the genre of Chill out electronica. I would advise anyone listening to this for the first time to settle down and really set aside some time to listen to it properly. Don't analise it first time round just let it take you where it goes. be prepared to be blown away by this album. overall a stunningly chilled album that makes me extatic about the fact that i own ear drums!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 10, 2012 4:56 PM BST

4.0 out of 5 stars I Love This Album, 21 Aug. 2005
This review is from: Dial 'M' for Monkey (Audio CD)
Ok Ive Just listened to this album and its awsome! im a huge fan of electronica and general chill out and this kept my mind active throughout from the first chords of "Noctuary," to the fade out of "Light Pattern." Id say this album is set to sore in my list of favorites, but it will take many a late night session for it to grow. If you like Kruder and Dorfmeister, Diplo or (my personal Favorite at the moment) Boards Of Canada this album is well worth an evenings listening. be prepared to be taken away on some beautiful journeys from the comfort of, well where ever you like to chill!

The Hobbit: 70th Anniversary Edition
The Hobbit: 70th Anniversary Edition
by J. R. R. Tolkien

5.0 out of 5 stars The Perfect Start to a Journey!, 14 Dec. 2004
I first had the hobbit read to me during primary school. Every Wednesday afternoon our art teacher would read to us as much as he could in an hour. Being quite a hyperactive child this book accomplished somthing which teachers rarely could; KEEP MY ATTENTION FOR LONGER THAN 10 MINUTES! This book is the perfect introduction to the world of Middle Earth and all the characters and races therin.
Once you enter into this fantasy world of hobbits, Elves, Orcs and wizards you never truly leave it. Tolkien was an outstanding author, and "The Hobbit" introduces to the reader a world so wonderfully described that it lives and breaths with every page. Every river, road, tree and house can be envisaged by the reader as if they were their, and this I feel is the magic of Middle Earth which Tolkien created. Anyone who fails to read this in their lifetime has truly missed out on a masterpiece. I have now found myself reading other books by Tolkien like "The Sillmarillion" and "Unfinnished Tales" just to learn all I can about a world which, if I am truthful, I am insanely jealous of!
This is just the beginning! Middle Earth has history going right back to the creation of Middle Earth and it is all explained in other Works by Tolkien. If, after reading "The Hobbit," you think Tolkien is a genius you have barely scraped the surface!
Overall a brilliant read well worth the time and suitable for all ages, but especially hyperactive children! However, be Prepared to want to know more, and there is A LOT more!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 17, 2007 12:27 PM GMT