Profile for B. Tetley > Reviews

Content by B. Tetley

B. Tetley "Brian T" (Loughborough, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Kärcher Foam Nozzle With 0.6L Container
Kärcher Foam Nozzle With 0.6L Container
Offered by Alex Shanks Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Car cleaning, 28 Jun 2014
This very simply covers my car in foam, but you still need the brush to get the more difficult muck off. If you have the rest of the pressure washer kit, it works OK. It is a good price from Amazon and very easy to use.

Kärcher WV60 Window Vac - Window Cleaning Vacuum Kit
Kärcher WV60 Window Vac - Window Cleaning Vacuum Kit

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit of a sucker, 28 Jun 2014
Bought this for several jobs other than cleaning windows which it does OK. As several other reviews say, you still need a duster. You have to use it vertically most of the time or you will get soaked as it blasts water out the fan. I found this out when cleaning water off the car. Yes it works as long as you keep it vertical or leave it switched off and just use the wiper.
Positive is that it makes cleaning windows much quicker, especially for large areas of glass.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars TP Link Router, 5 Nov 2012
I wasn't sure this device would do the job I wanted, but for this price I was willing to gamble. I shouldn't have worried. The TP Link arrive before the predicated date and works amazingly well. I used it for a seminar in a large hall in London and adding this to the one ethernet link allowed me to use a number of PC and iPads with the audience. The size is ideal for carrying round in your pocket, just the power supply is the usual size, but it will happily run from a laptop USB port.
All in all a very flexible and useful device.

Crucial CT2KIT25664BA1339 PC1333 Main Memory DDR3 4 GB Crucial Value CL9 2x2 GB Kit Retail

5.0 out of 5 stars Desktop Memory, 8 Feb 2012
My wifes PC was running slow when using multiple solutions. I therefore decided to purchase some extra memory and this Crucial memory looked ideal. I therefore ordered it and it arrived very rapidly, well packaged and in good condition.
It is now fitted and under Windows 7 the PC is now running noticeably faster and very reliably.

Replacement Rechargeable Battery Pack PURE Charge PAK A1 for PURE ONE Mi Radio
Replacement Rechargeable Battery Pack PURE Charge PAK A1 for PURE ONE Mi Radio
Offered by Sheeyan International Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dabs Power, 22 Dec 2011
Locating and ordering the battery for the Pure Dabs Radio was easy. The price for this one was very good compared to the Pure one. It was delivered as suggested and was easily fitted to the radio and works fine

Apple iPad iPAD 2 5 in 1 Camera Connection Kit
Apple iPad iPAD 2 5 in 1 Camera Connection Kit
Offered by BuyOnline Cart

4.0 out of 5 stars iPAD 2, 5 in 1 Camer Connection Kit, 7 Nov 2011
Was delivered as promised and it works fine with my Canon camera and the cards I have tried in it so far. The iPad reads the information and downloads it perfectly, what more could I ask. I tried it in my iPhone 4S and it comes up with the message "Unable to work with this device". Just so you know.
It does feel a little delicate to plug in, but no worse than any other peripheral using the iPad port.

HDI Quad LNB to upgrade your existing sky dish to Freesat HD for Foxsat HD PVR DTR free sat receiver. SkyHD Plus etc

4.0 out of 5 stars Humax Sat update, 18 Jun 2011
I purchased a Humax Freesat recorder from Amazon to replace my Sky box. I hadn't fully realised the Humax allowed you to record one channel whilst watching another if you had 2 UMB's. I looked at those available from Amazon and this seemed to be the best solution. I am pleased I choose this as it was easy to replace the single UMB with this with no adjustments needed. I then ran a new cable to the Humax and one to the kitchen so we can run a freesat TV there as well. Been fitted 2 months now and no issue found and the HD channels record brilliantly.

Just remember to order the connectors as none included in the box, hence only 4 stars, but it does tell you they are needed before you buy.

Netgear DGND3700-100UKS N600 Dual Band Wireless ADSL2+ Modem Router for Phone Line Connections

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Customer, 18 Jun 2011
I purchased this Wireless/modem router after returning a Billion 8700n that was driving me crackers with DCHL issues (Thanks Amazon). The modem was delivered before the suggested delivery date. I followed the simple installation instruction to set it up and haven't needed to touch it since. On the wired side I have a PC, a printer, a server and a Vodafone home hub. All work extremely fast with no identifiable issue.

On the wireless side I set up both the 2.4 and 5GHz signals with passwords as per the instructions. My iMac and iPad seem to use the 5Ghz signal whilst my other PCs and laptops seem to go for 2.4ghz. All of them run without a hitch throughout the house and in the garden. The Router is fitted in the stairwell on extension leads, so I am really pleased with its performance. Equally as fast, if not faster than the Billion 8700N, but with none of the issues.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 19, 2011 12:17 PM BST

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Back to Canon after years away, 4 Jun 2011
I used to have a Canon G3 and loved it, but it is very bulky compared to modern digital Cameras, as is the G12. I have had several Panasonic Cameras and was considering the new TZ20. I have SLR cameras and appreciate the quality, but these days I don't want to be carrying a camera bag around. If it can't fit in my shirt pocket and start almost instantly, it's not what I want. I also wanted GPS tagging so that it works on Aperture on my Apple Mac.

Ok, having chosen this camera, whats it like. Well on auto it works brilliantly, the photos come out sharp and clear, even in poor lighting (much better than Panasonic). the only negatives are the silly placing of the flash, but as I usually hold the camera there, it very rarely ever gets to pop up. The only other slight issue is the battery life with the GPS on. It isn't a real issue as it still seems to last me days, but not a full 2 week holiday like the Panasonic did. The battery isn't expensive so having a spare charged resolves any doubts.

Overall an excellant compact camera with loads of very useful functions, but most importantly it takes great photos.

NETGEAR DGND3700-100UKS N600 Wireless Dual Band ADSL2 Modem Router
NETGEAR DGND3700-100UKS N600 Wireless Dual Band ADSL2 Modem Router
Offered by MoreFrom

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive device, 1 Jun 2011
I had purchased a Billion router from Amazon, but had so much trouble with it, I sent it back. I was therefore concerned about getting a replacement, but after much research this looked to be a good choice. I therefore placed my order and the Netgear DGND3700 arrived very promptly.
I got the device out the box, swapped it for my Linksys stand-in, entered the ISP information and the wireless settings and haven't looked back since. It is very fast and I am running my iMac and iPad 2 on the 5Ghz band and 5 other windows devices on the 2.4Ghz wireless channels as well as an HP server, Windows 7 PC, a printer and Vodafone Home Hub on the 4 ethernet ports on the device and it hasn't glitched once. It runs my network very fast and the wireless range seems fine as well.
It was very easy to set up and so I am a very happy customer.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 17, 2011 11:17 AM BST

Page: 1 | 2