Profile for James C. (Scotland) > Reviews

Content by James C. (Scot...

James C. (Scotland)

A Dog Called Homeless
A Dog Called Homeless
Price: 2.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down, 2 Mar 2014
Although I reckon this book is aimed at children and teenagers this 66 yr old couldn't put it down. A sad yet heart warming story that proves there is good in all of us. I downloaded this book on the back of reading" Shadow" about a dog, in war torn Afghanistan, which was recommended by my partner - another tear jerker. 5***** for both of them.

Frustration Slam-Tastic Chasing Game
Frustration Slam-Tastic Chasing Game
Offered by Collectors Kingdom
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Hours and hours of fun, 22 Feb 2014
My partner and I found this in a holiday cottage we had rented. We played it for hours every single day. We bought this more up to date version and there's hardly a day goes by without one of us saying "fancy a game" we both love it.

When Fraser Met Billy: How The Love Of A Cat Transformed My Little Boy's Life
When Fraser Met Billy: How The Love Of A Cat Transformed My Little Boy's Life
Price: 3.85

5.0 out of 5 stars haven't put it down, 19 Feb 2014
While driving from Nottingham to Glasgow last week I listened to Louise being interviewed on the radio. Tears started to well up in my eyes. Today the title When Fraser met Billy popped into my head. Downloaded the kindle version and read it in one go. A remarkable story of a boy and his cat and a loving dedicated family who stuck to the task, through thick and thin.
The story so far, how a young child diagnosed as autistic is befriended by a rescue cat and of a mother who is not "mad" but who has amazing insight into the understanding of the partnership between humans and animals. A must read.

Opening Doors Within
Opening Doors Within
Price: 6.53

5.0 out of 5 stars A life long companion, 19 Feb 2014
Having experienced the miracle of Findhorn at first hand, this little book which I have in paperback and kindle will raise your spirits every day. It's the first thing I reach for each morning. Bless

Today I Wanted Milk
Today I Wanted Milk
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Unexpected, 19 Feb 2014
Brilliant little story , not really about a cat, more about the law of attraction
Thanking my friend Sue for suggesting it.

The Gift of Change
The Gift of Change
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A true life changing experience, 31 Jan 2014
There is a saying "That your whole life flashes in front of you in the moment of death" Marianne's book allowed me to understand the role the ego plays in ones life, all the bad choices I had made so far flashed in front of me and led me to an new awakening. At last I had got it - that flashbulb moment had arrived. Between Marianne's "The Gift of Change" and Eckhart Tolle's " The Power of Now" life has taken on a whole new dimension. Yippee