Profile for F. Anderson > Reviews

Content by F. Anderson

F. Anderson (Durham, UK.)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
ION Audio Profile LP   Turntable with USB Conversion - Black
ION Audio Profile LP Turntable with USB Conversion - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars All okay so far..., 8 April 2016
I've only played one record on this so far, but it seems fine.

Heidi (French Edition)
Heidi (French Edition)

3.0 out of 5 stars Heidi-Hi!, 8 April 2016
Using as an aid to my French studies. Yes, I know the story.

Kay Nielsen: East of the Sun and West of the Moon
Kay Nielsen: East of the Sun and West of the Moon
by Noel Daniel

4.0 out of 5 stars Gift, 8 April 2016
A present - recipient hasn't ebayed it yet!

Rolson 50879 Combination Square Set, 300 mm
Rolson 50879 Combination Square Set, 300 mm

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Impliment., 8 April 2016
As shown in the illustrations - essential this, for building up a series of angles to a required corner or turn, especially if you are hand-cutting joints.

Roller blinds replacement fittings kit for 25mm diameter blind tube
Roller blinds replacement fittings kit for 25mm diameter blind tube
Offered by Any Blind Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Errrm...roller blind fitting kit?, 8 April 2016
This was our first experience of adjusting the width of a roller blind, and this kit made the process surprisingly easy. The only warning to issue to novices such as us is to remind you it ain't just cardboard, that roller. If you need to make it shorter you have to cut it, and that needs a hacksaw! But the kit fits well, and it does its job. BTW the fixing brackets are a lot more sensible and easy to fit than the originals.

Duracell 3V Lithium Button Battery (Pack of 2)
Duracell 3V Lithium Button Battery (Pack of 2)
Offered by Everyday Electrics

5.0 out of 5 stars Batteries, 10 Feb. 2016
Two batteries in a reasonably priced pack - brand name - what else can be said? The kitchen scales they were required to fuel are still working.

Nb300 - Black - Wireless Soundbar
Nb300 - Black - Wireless Soundbar

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but Incomplete, hence Four Stars, 20 May 2015
I required this soundbar to a. improve the sound quality of my LG TV and b. play music from my HP laptop. The item arrived promptly and was well packaged, but unusable because there was no optical digital cable provided to make the connection to my TV, and only one adapter plug (the mains plug fittings being American standard and so needing these converters) when there are two mains connections to be made, one for the soundbar and one for the sub-woofer. Once these extras had been purchased I was able to link up with my TV and the results certainly match my needs. The improvement to sound quality was substantial and the sub-woofer proved very powerful. To make the connection with my laptop proved stubbornly awkward, though this was more the fault of my laptop and Windows than the sound bar. I had to purchase a Bluetooth dongle to make that work; however, it is working now and the sound quality is, again, good.
My son has one of these soundbars and a longer track with them. Neither he nor I have experienced trouble apart from the provisions above, and our verdict has to be positive. They are very good value.

Tala Icing Syringe Set, Carded 1/5
Tala Icing Syringe Set, Carded 1/5

4.0 out of 5 stars Ever Since I learned to write..., 11 Mar. 2015
Ever since I learned to write my name in the snow I have wished I had a shorter name and a steadier hand. I could say both have been my adversaries in acquiring the art of cake decoration, but once you have decided to conquer, this Syringe set must become the tool of your trade. It is your brush. Nothing else performs as well.

Let me explain. Plastic syringes will never survive the strength test. They, like me on a Monday, succumb to pressure. They split (I don't usually do that - not on a Monday). The metal set, with its screw fit ends and realistically strong plunger, is infinitely less friable. You can warm it, you can use it without a nozzle fitted for those cream filling jobs involving Choux pastry, and you can do fine trace work with a sensitivity generally unachievable with a piping bag. One word of warning. Dry it thoroughly after washing. I put mine in my top oven (oven turned off of course) for a little while when cooking in the big oven - just enough to dry it. Otherwise they tend to rust - them being made of tin plate an' all.

High Grade - USB cable for Olympus Digital Cameras - USB CABLE CB-USB5/CB-USB6
High Grade - USB cable for Olympus Digital Cameras - USB CABLE CB-USB5/CB-USB6
Offered by MACRO.SUPPLIER

4.0 out of 5 stars Durability is Key, 11 Mar. 2015
The highest accolade I can accord this product is to testify to its apparent longevity. To briefly explain, I have been through a number of these, purchased from various sources, and in every case hitherto they have proved to have a 'life'. Furthermore, when the first one breaks on you it says nothing of its pain. It keeps stoically silent while you descend into madness, left clueless because your pictures won't upload, your PC refuses to admit you even have a camera, and the accusing crowds of unpictured relatives gather. Now I know. Forget all the things your computer tells you are wrong and just get (yet another) USB cable. I got this one some time ago. It still works.

CR2032 Battery (2 pack) - Panasonic, Lithium Coin Cell, 3V
CR2032 Battery (2 pack) - Panasonic, Lithium Coin Cell, 3V
Offered by noveltysales

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Circular., 11 Mar. 2015
Once upon a time we used to have to purchase huge block batteries the size of house bricks to power our radios. They were expensive, they were heavy to haul around, but they were the big brother of the battery world and we had nothing else that would do that particular task. Now we have electronics in the odd things, like kitchen scales, and these little mudders, the big brothers of watch batteries, are equally essential. The difference is, they weigh practically nothing.

Aside from a bit of social history, what can you say about a battery? It fits, it works. How long will it last? Ask me again when it runs out and I'll be able to tell you, but I'm sure Panasonic know now, if you want to write them a letter. Drill two holes in the middle and they would make good shirt buttons, paint them in bright colours to make Frisbees for hamsters, or add straps to a pair to make snowshoes for prawns.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3