Profile for S. M. Darling > Reviews

Content by S. M. Darling

S. M. Darling (England)

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice quality dress, 2 April 2014
The dress was of good quality but unfortunatly too tight for me, the next size up would have been okay

Bring Out the Glamour
Bring Out the Glamour
by Claudia Giuli

5.0 out of 5 stars This book had the power to change a popular perception., 26 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Bring Out the Glamour (Paperback)
A thought provoking account from somebody in a position to know inside and out the highs and lows of being cabin crew, it’s a descriptive eye opener to the industry. I would advise anyone thinking of going into this industry to read this account first as part of your research/training. Gone are my perceptions of how glamorous a career this is and instead I have serious concerns for the health and welfare of crew, it looks behind the smiles of crew members and takes the mask off the industry. It’s a book that achieves what it sets out to achieve – making one think first on any kind of serious decision and to be thorough with your research, and the end of the story makes you think of this in broader terms such as regarding relationships and life choices in general.

Savage Continent: Europe in the Aftermath of World War II
Savage Continent: Europe in the Aftermath of World War II
by Keith Lowe

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly insightful, 31 Oct. 2013
Having read for several years in depth about WW2 and other wars, I cannot believe I have been so ignorant about what took place following the war. This book has been incredibly educational to me and made me look at so many issues in very many ways, leading up to the war, throughout the war and following its destruction. It has made me look at mankind too in a different light, that of survival, of revenge, of pure evil. How on earth we have the today that we do is almost a miracle. Keith Lowe writes in a brilliant and balanced way, delivering information that is difficult to digest. A must read if you really want a better understanding of all wars.

DOG LITTER BOX LITTLE SQUIRT BY THE RASCAL DOG LITTER BOX COMPANY. AS SEEN ON DRAGON'S DEN .......
Offered by RASCAL DOG LITTER BOX

5.0 out of 5 stars Best product yet for toilet training your puppy, 7 Jan. 2013
Length:: 0:15 Mins

As a registered breeder of Pomeranian's I have been absolutely thrilled with this product and wish I had it earlier. I try my best to toilet train my pups before they go to their new home and this product really achieves that far more successfully than the `pad' method and is far easier than dashing them outside to the garden, easier for the puppy and easier on me! My puppies have been using this system of house training since they were four weeks old. By the time the puppies leave me at nine weeks old they are pretty much there - much to the delight of their new owners who take one of these Litter Boxes with them (included into the price of course). At first glance you might think this expensive but you are going to spend at least this amount on pads by the time you have finished training your pup. On top of that, in my experience, puppies just love to rip pads up and throw them everywhere - contents included!
Little dogs are just the right size to be apartment dogs, this product beats trying to run down the stairs and out of the flat then round to the grass in time for its elimination, at least that's what my son found when he had one of my Poms. Also handy for when you may be out of the house for a while and concerned about what you might find deposited when you get home, if the dog has an alternative toileting spot, no problem.
A really good and well thought out product, well done to the designer who understood dog behaviour.

Dog Body Language Phrasebook: 100 Ways to Read Their Signals
Dog Body Language Phrasebook: 100 Ways to Read Their Signals
by Trevor Warner

5.0 out of 5 stars Really loved this useful little book, 4 Aug. 2012
Having read loads and loads on so many areas of dog training and issues I find this one to be a really useful little book. This was useful because it was informative, interesting and sometimes quite funny. It seemed to me to have 'bite size' chunks of information. The pictures are really very good and helpful as a memory aid to the issues covered.

Ghetto Diary The Last Walk of Janusz Korczak
Ghetto Diary The Last Walk of Janusz Korczak
by Janusz Korczak

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, 21 Sept. 2009
Having read much of this type of material, Holocaust etc, I am familiar with a wide variety of presentation - especially with regard to diaries. This one utterly floored me to the point that I gave up on finishing the book as I really struggled with the style of writing.

This was a real disappointment to me as I believe these writings to be important to the world. The work that Janusz Korczak did in the ghetto with 'his' children was truly incredible and he was one of the most kind-hearted of individuals so I don't in any way wish to be disrespectful to the memory of this altruistic man. But the author, Aaron Zeitlin's, way of writing was not easy to follow at all. As I did not finish the book, maybe I'm not in a position to comment but for all the conviction I had for wanting to read and digest this book - I couldn't, it wasn't what I expected of this invaluable material.

The Diary of Dawid Sierakowiak: Five Notebooks from the Lodz Ghetto
The Diary of Dawid Sierakowiak: Five Notebooks from the Lodz Ghetto
by Dawid Sierakowiak
Edition: Unknown Binding

5.0 out of 5 stars An Incredible Read, 13 Aug. 2009
If you have the courage to read what it was truly like in the Warsaw Ghetto, then this book will take you there. You can't help but really like the young writer and both admire and respect this lad's intelligence. He writes in such a way that you feel you are there and the brutal truths he captures are often from where you would least expect. When I had finished reading his account I felt like I really knew this amazing young man and dare I say - missed him.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 27, 2014 11:54 PM BST