Profile for Lars Rasmussen > Reviews

Content by Lars Rasmussen

Lars Rasmussen (Aarhus, Denmark)

Page: 1 | 2
The Power of Five: Oblivion
The Power of Five: Oblivion
by Anthony Horowitz
Price: 11.89

3.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing..., 18 Feb 2014
I was REALLY looking forward to this final book in the series of the power of five, but boy was I disappointed. I love the books of Horowitz and especially the first four books in this series, but this was not as good as his other works unfortunately.

Sherlock Holmes and the Hentzau Affair (Tales of Mystery & the Supernatural)
Sherlock Holmes and the Hentzau Affair (Tales of Mystery & the Supernatural)
by David Stuart Davies
Price: 2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost Conan Doylish, 18 Feb 2014
Although it is not quite as reading Conan Doyle it is very fine reading indeed. And the way it includes Anthony Hopes' "The prisoner of Zenda" is also very much to my liking. Cery recommendable.

Dogfight: How Apple and Google Went to War and Started a Revolution
Dogfight: How Apple and Google Went to War and Started a Revolution
by Fred Vogelstein
Price: 13.60

4.0 out of 5 stars Exciting reading, 18 Feb 2014
As a sucker for especially Google and eCommerce it was a pleasure reading this book. Impressive picture of the war between Apple and Google with a lot of insight.

White Fire (Pendergast)
White Fire (Pendergast)
by Douglas J. Preston
Price: 15.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Preston & Child at their best, 18 Feb 2014
I have to admit I am a sucker for Pendergast novels as well as Sherlock Holmes. And without spoiling anything: In this book you can have both. Excellent done and damn fine writing. Highly recommendable.

Sacrifice (Mortal Path, Book 2)
Sacrifice (Mortal Path, Book 2)
by Dakota Banks
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: 4.70

4.0 out of 5 stars Like book number one, 27 July 2012
Great action and a good story. Maybe a bit too much romance for me as a guy, but all in all a good read.

Deliverance: Mortal Path Book Three
Deliverance: Mortal Path Book Three
by Dakota Banks
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: 4.71

4.0 out of 5 stars Where is book number 4?, 27 July 2012
I am really lost here, although the book is great I am still waiting for book number 4... the story is NOT finished here.

The Monstrumologist: Terror Beneath
The Monstrumologist: Terror Beneath
by Rick Yancey
Price: 5.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Unfortunately not what I expected, 24 May 2012
I have read the Alfred Kropp books by Rick Yancey and was really looking forward to the monstrumologist. But I had a hard time getting caught up in the book and I had to force myself to pick it up and keep reading. He is a good author and I guess I was just hoping for the same action and storyline as in the Kropp stories, maybe even some of the same kind of morbid humor, but no. It's OK but nothing more.

Hex: Season 1 [DVD] [2004]
Hex: Season 1 [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Jemima Rooper
Price: 8.75

3.0 out of 5 stars A little disapointed, 20 Jan 2012
This review is from: Hex: Season 1 [DVD] [2004] (DVD)
Unfortunately not what I expected. The beginning is very good but from then on the quality of the story just disappears.

Sharpe's Fortress: The Siege of Gawilghur, December 1803 (The Sharpe Series, Book 3): Richard Sharpe and the Siege of Gawilghur, December 1803
by Bernard Cornwell

5.0 out of 5 stars Have to love the Sharp-books, 20 Jan 2012
The Sharp-books are some of the best books I have ever read. And I am just sorry that I can't forget them all and start all over again.

Changeling: Demon Games
Changeling: Demon Games
by Steve Feasey

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, 20 Jan 2012
Excellent book for boys in all ages (I'am 40) :) If you like vampires, werewolves and demons then you should read the Changeling-books, very recommendable!

Page: 1 | 2