Profile for Ms. Liza E. Brooks > Reviews

Content by Ms. Liza E. Brooks

Ms. Liza E. Brooks (Wiltshire UK)

South Park - Season 7 [DVD]
South Park - Season 7 [DVD]
Dvd ~ South Park
Offered by gowingsstoreltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Both orginal and return were faulty on disc 2!, 27 Jun 2008
This review is from: South Park - Season 7 [DVD] (DVD)
I am writing this review to see if anyone else has had this problem? I pre ordered this season like I have all south park boxsets and when it arrived I prepared myself for an evenings view. There was a disc read error on the christian rock episode making it unplayable.

I returned it and top marks to amazon for a swift return being sent. Sadly the replacement has the exact same fault and Amazon will now not provide me with a 2nd replacement :(

The series itself is Excellent! ***** and I would throurally recommend it but I would like to know whats wrong with all the DVDs Amazon? I really want the series :(
Comment Comments (11) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 13, 2011 8:40 PM BST

Mario Kart with Wii Wheel (Wii)
Mario Kart with Wii Wheel (Wii)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing if only for the online play let alone everything else!, 30 April 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I love this game! The online multiplayer is great and so much fun. I currently have no friends to play against online :( but the multiplayer function is keeping my friends, family and I entertained.

The graphics are great and play is fast and furious. There are enough tracks and battle grounds for hours of fun even in one sitting.

This is by far the best game I have brought to date for multiplayer fun and and equal first place for individual fun with mario galaxy.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 9, 2008 9:21 PM BST

Nintendo Wii Controller (Wii)
Nintendo Wii Controller (Wii)
Offered by Global Xpress

4.0 out of 5 stars Essential to get the most out of your wii but far too expensive, 30 April 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
You only get one wiimote in the standard kit wii console and while this is a fantastic controller hence why I have given it 5 stars for fun I think it is over priced as unlike other consoles there is no 'after market' 3rd part alternatives that are cheaper.

I would welcome a reduction in the price by nintendo to make the additional wiimotes more accessible for more people. Your looking at the best part of £150 to get 3 more wiimotes and nunchucks required for 4 player mode. I have got 4 and it really does make play more fun and allow more people to join in.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 5, 2009 12:00 AM GMT

Wii Fit (Wii)
Wii Fit (Wii)
Offered by JSP online

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as much fun as a game device as a fitness aid, 30 April 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Wii Fit (Wii) (Video Game)
I would class myself as a fit and active person so when I brought the wii fit I was slightly concerned about how much use I would get out of it. All I can say it my concerns were very misplaced. While it is an excellent way to keep active and improve balance and posture it is also great fun to play the games in particular the balance and aerobic ones.

As you unlock more activities the variety of games and orientatios of the wii board increase.

The only part of the game I have not really been able to fully apprechiate is the muscle building as I do not have much space in my room to use it so a the space required might be worth bearing in mind for someone who really wants to use this feature.

Canon EOS 400D Digital SLR Camera (incl. EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 Lens Kit) (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent bit of Kit from a Novice point of view, 13 Dec 2006
My experiance with an SLR camera of any kind before l brought this was zero l don't think l'd even seen one before up close. The reason l decided l needed one was for taking shots of people while snowboarding at indoor domes in the UK for my company. It seemed logical as hiring a photographer isn't cheap.

I was very impressed with how lightweight and easy to use this camera was, within a few hours l had read the manual and was experimenting with different settings and effects to get different results. When it came to using the camera at an indoor dome the 3fps rate worked out brilliantly although the focusing not 100% l think due to the low light and the shutter not being quite quick enough the results were still really good using one of the focus features built in to keep the rider in focus whilst they were in the air.

When it came to using the camera for single shots again it worked out really well and gave excellent results considering l don't really know what l'm doing.

I've not got any extra lens's and only used the standard kit lense but for what l needed this did the job well l was also pleased to see that you can get additional lenses fairly cheap for a mid range quality one which is nice.

I was convinced before buying this camera l was going to get the Nikon D70s but the canon just felt so much better in the hand that l was swayed. The self cleaning sensor (whether it works or not yet l am unsure) is a nice feature.

Since buying this camera l brought a digital camera magazince where they compared the 400D to the Nikon D80 (a much more expensive camera) and only rated the Nikon 4% better, 86% to 90% which for the extra £250 the mag quoted the Nikon for l don't think is a bad comprimse.

South Park Deluxe Poker Set
South Park Deluxe Poker Set

4.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 20 Feb 2006
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
I brought this for my brother for xmas, l was lucky enough to recieve a poker set myself for xmas so l thought great we can all play together. This set is really poor quality. The cards arn't poker size and the chips are rubbish plastic with stickers on them that come off!
My brother was really dissapointed with this set when he compared it to my poker set that was less than half the price for proper 11.5g chips not the crappy tiddlywinks you get in this package.

Dance: UK Game + 8-Way Dance Mat Bundle (PSone)
Dance: UK Game + 8-Way Dance Mat Bundle (PSone)

3.0 out of 5 stars Too hard for the young ones, 5 Jan 2004
I brought this for a 7 year old and she is yet to complete the first level or get to grips with the games whole ideal she does however seem to enjoy it nether the less. I do not feel that its suitable for 3+ as it states

Fame Academy: Dance Edition
Fame Academy: Dance Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars FAB FUN, 5 Jan 2004
This game is really good fun, and good value for money there arn't many features but it does everything that you want it too.
a good work out!
Me and a friend found it hilarious!