Profile for Cat > Reviews

Content by Cat

Cat

Page: 1 | 2
Wind (Whatever the Weather)
Wind (Whatever the Weather)
by Carol Thompson
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars 8month old loves it!, 11 Aug. 2015
This is my 8month old's favourite book. The text is really musical with lots of special sound effects sculpted into the text...he sits on my lap and smiles and giggles throughout.

The Grand Irish Songbook: Piano, Vocal, Guitar
The Grand Irish Songbook: Piano, Vocal, Guitar
by Hal Leonard Publishing Corporation
Edition: Sheet music

5.0 out of 5 stars a good base, 8 May 2013
Quite a wide variety and extensive collection of songs - most well-known in the repertoire. I was looking for a starting-off book of Irish songs, and this was a great buy. The piano arrangements are very playable for anyone of around Grade 5 standard and above - although many of the bass lines are slightly old-fashioned (arpeggio bit followed by a chord) - but these can easily be re-arranged and altered as you play by the more able pianist.

Spot the Intro 1 Audio CD Game
Spot the Intro 1 Audio CD Game
Offered by Quality Books Today

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, 8 May 2013
A great resource when asked to run at the last-minute a music quiz. However, there are several segments of different songs on each track so I've always had to use a laptop when running a quiz using this. It can be tricky stopping the track at the correct point, particularly if your audience want you to re-play a certain segment (which invariably happens!). However, with a laptop and some speakers, this can be negotiated. I think this original 'Spot the Intro 1' is the best in the series - and would buy it over any of the further editions and spin-offs in the series.

COME THOU LONG EXPECTED JESUS PB
COME THOU LONG EXPECTED JESUS PB
by GUTHRIE NANCY

5.0 out of 5 stars great read, 8 May 2013
Fantastic resource, that I have started to use every year in the run-up to Christmas. Very short chapters - easily read in 5minutes that are accessible and focus the mind amidst all of the busyness of this time of year. A wide-spread of authors too - some which I had not come across previously - but all biblically faithful and clear on putting the glory on Christ. I would highly recommend this as a practical way to 'remember the reason for the season' for busy individuals.

The Puppet Company - Favourite Song Mitt - Old MacDonald Hand Puppet
The Puppet Company - Favourite Song Mitt - Old MacDonald Hand Puppet
Offered by Puppets By post

4.0 out of 5 stars it's good, 8 May 2013
I'm a music therapist and I bought this and have started to use it with some of the special needs kids I work with. Plus-es are that it's portable, and everything is attached which means that you don't suddenly find yourself without that all important sheep that your ASD client has decided to fixate upon. However, I've found that I don't get as good a response from some of the kids when using the puppet than when using individual finger-puppets. Some of the more lower-functioning kids seem to find it more difficult to connect with the images on each finger of this puppet compared with the more 3-D finger puppet images that they can take and hold in their hands. However, this is a good quality product, which is easy and versatile to use.

Croydex Hampstead Robe Hook, Chrome
Croydex Hampstead Robe Hook, Chrome
Offered by KommiiDirect-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars good sturdy product, 8 May 2013
good and sturdy product which does what it should and looks quite attractive hanging on the back of my door as well.

Lamaze My Friend Emily Pendant- Assorted Colors
Lamaze My Friend Emily Pendant- Assorted Colors

3.0 out of 5 stars ok, 8 May 2013
This is a really really cute looking doll. However, my 6-month old niece was just not as interested in this as in some of her other lamaze sensory toys. There just isn't as many interesting rattles or rustles going on with this than in the other ones to keep her attention. for reference, her favourite for the last couple of months has been a little lamaze book with lots of different colours and sensations for her to look at and explore on each page, and which also allows her to slowly turn each page over. however, me and her mother both thought that this won hands-down in the cute-factor, but my niece just doesn't seem that interested in all that at the minute!

LeapFrog Shapes and Sharing Picnic Basket
LeapFrog Shapes and Sharing Picnic Basket
Offered by Toy Arena

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT ATTRACTIVE AND STURDY, 8 May 2013
My 18 month old niece loved this when I gave it to her. She was at the age where she loved carrying things about, and this was just light enough to allow her to do this. She loved pressing all of the buttons and making the basket talk and was fascinated by all of the different food items in the basket.

Rokono® BASS+ Mini Speaker for iPhone / iPad / iPod / MP3 Player / Laptop - Black
Offered by Gadget Hunter

5.0 out of 5 stars great sound!, 8 May 2013
I use this all of the time in work instead of a small amp - great sound, filling a small to medium sized room in most of the day centres I work in.

Black And Silver IMD Floral Hard Back Hybrid Case Cover For The Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 With Screen Protector

5.0 out of 5 stars GOOD QUALITY, 8 May 2013
This is a really good quality cover for my Galaxy Ace. I've dropped my phone numerous times, and it's managed to withstand and protect my phone through them all. It's a snug fit and looks pretty good too! :)

Page: 1 | 2