Profile for ferret51uk > Reviews

ferret51uk "ferret51uk" (uk)

Acctim 14282 Central Smartlite® Sweeper Alarm Clock, White
Acctim 14282 Central Smartlite® Sweeper Alarm Clock, White
Offered by home_essentials

5.0 out of 5 stars First clock kept stopping and had an annoying clicking sound, 15 Mar. 2015
First clock kept stopping and had an annoying clicking sound, more noticeable at night, however very quickly exchanged by Amazon, full marks to them.
The replacement clock was perfect, can read in the dark without the light of the clock being turned right up, and I find the alarm load enough to wake me being a fairly heavy sleeper. It will be interesting to see what the battery life is like.

Glucosamine Sulphate 1500mg 360 Tablets Years Supply
Glucosamine Sulphate 1500mg 360 Tablets Years Supply
Offered by Purely Health Direct Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Glucosamine sulphate, 28 Jan. 2014
I've seen some bad reviews concerning the size of these tablets, I'm on my second lot now and both have been in a capsule size form and not like "horse tablet" as some have indicated.

Satmap Active 10 Plus with GB Outdoor GPS Map (discontinued by manufacturer)
Satmap Active 10 Plus with GB Outdoor GPS Map (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Satmap Active 10 Plus with GB map, 26 Feb. 2012
I bought the Active 10 in November 2011 and have used it for over 20 walks, not long ones but around 2 hours each. I found it easy to use, preferring buttons to touch screens. The large screen size makes it easy to view and the OS mapping is excellent, Also love the 1:25000 OS County maps which come with a 1:10000 street map The OS mapping was the main reason I went for a Satmap. I use it with Memory Map on the PC using Sat Sync to plan and upload routes and down load tracks which I have walked, the accuracy of the Satmap is excellent, far better than my old Magellan.
I've only 2 issues which I did not like, as with other reviews changing the battery pack to fit the rechargeable battery was very fiddly and would not want to change it on a walk, but I only use the rechargeable battery so once fitted it was no problem. I also had a broken battery cover, I took it out the case and it was in 2 halves, I had been very careful with the unit never dropped it or given it any rough handling . I contacted satmap who sent me a replacement at no cost. 10 out of 10 for customer service.
I still feel the satmap deserves 5 stars even with the two issues, it would be nice to see them sorted out, it certainly would not take much to design a stronger battery cover.

BW® 30 LED Weatheproof Night Vision Home Office Wired Colour CCTV IR Security Camera with UK power adaptor
Offered by DTV ELECTRONICS

5.0 out of 5 stars 30 lED night vision camera, 24 Feb. 2010
I would have to rate the camera and the PSU separately, the camera is excellent value for the money the night vision is impressive and the day-light picture good but a little on the pale side.
I'm not so impressed with the PSU it does cause a lot of interference on the monitor spoiling the quality of the picture. It would be better to charge a little more for the item and supply a better one.
I had a good PSU already and use this with the camera and it does transform the image.
I would still have to rate the camera 5 stars, but only 2 for the PSU