Profile for N. H. Boot > Reviews

Content by N. H. Boot

N. H. Boot

Page: 1 | 2
Sony BDPS790 3D Wi-Fi Blu-ray Player - MultiRegion For DVD Playback Only + Quality Sony 2M HDMI Cable Supplied

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 28 July 2013
Easy to set up and easy to watch the Hi quality Blu-Ray movies, also the up-scaling is good too. So all round 5 stars for the bits I want. My only gripe (as it is with all modern technology) is there is an awful lot of Internet dross available in the menus.

Met Office Weather
Met Office Weather

1.0 out of 5 stars Compared to BBC Nul point, 28 July 2013
This review is from: Met Office Weather (App)
This isn't as good as the BBC weather app and to make up the requisite number of words to pass the publishing test I repeat... this isn't as good as the BBC weather app.

Netgear GS308-100UKS 8 Port Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000 Mbps Switch
Netgear GS308-100UKS 8 Port Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000 Mbps Switch

5.0 out of 5 stars Good solid performance, 28 July 2013
Unlike much of the plastic office IT kit you get today, Netgear continue with the true "built-Like a tank" methodology of IT kit. this will give years of service; I need extra network sockets when I went wired following the continued intermittent operation of my wireless router, which is from BT by the way - (Nice BT ads, but that's about it)

Dualit 26205 2 Slot Lite Toaster in Black Gloss Finish
Dualit 26205 2 Slot Lite Toaster in Black Gloss Finish

5.0 out of 5 stars Magic, 28 July 2013
Bought to replace a similar model that I had a HOT-Cross bun malfunction with. It is wipeable, which the other one wasn't, and it works quicker. Breakfast is restored. Happy Days

Microsoft Office Home and Business 2013, License Card, 1 User (PC)
Microsoft Office Home and Business 2013, License Card, 1 User (PC)

3.0 out of 5 stars Its MS Office, 28 July 2013
Its MS office, hopelessly over specc'ed for what everyday office staff need, but what do you expect when "progress" and the laws of every increasing profitability demand you continually churn the product.

Synology DS213J 2 Bay DiskStation Desktop NAS
Synology DS213J 2 Bay DiskStation Desktop NAS

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended by Friend, 28 July 2013
Recommended by a friend - it was easy to set up and does a great job, yes it takes a while to sort it self out initially but it now sits there and stores all my old movies. Nice one

Bosch 18V Lithium-Ion Battery Pack 'Power-4-All' 1.5Ah
Bosch 18V Lithium-Ion Battery Pack 'Power-4-All' 1.5Ah

3.0 out of 5 stars Its a battery charger, 28 July 2013
Its a battery charger and as such does a good job - the batteries are even better in comparison to the antique Ni Cad ones that used to come with the drills.

Bryton Rider 50E With OS Mapping -
Bryton Rider 50E With OS Mapping -

4.0 out of 5 stars This does what I want it too, except...., 28 July 2013
This get 4 starts as it does everything I want in terms of measuring the data the trip, cadence (with cadence meter), and I can down load it to the Bryton site and also can export my journeys to my Tacx genius trainer for those rainy days when I cant get out.

It loses a star because its very slow to be recognised by my PC and also loading to the website isn't always a success and requires several goes.

Sony VMC-UAM 1 USB adaptor cable
Sony VMC-UAM 1 USB adaptor cable

1.0 out of 5 stars This didnt do what it said on the tin, 28 July 2013
Despite thoroughly researching the connector I need for my Sony Camera, this wasn't it and was a waste of money

Kindle Fire HD 7", Dolby Audio, Dual-Band Wi-Fi, 32 GB  [Previous Generation]
Kindle Fire HD 7", Dolby Audio, Dual-Band Wi-Fi, 32 GB [Previous Generation]

1.0 out of 5 stars Amazon Big Brother is watching, 29 Nov 2012
Ive had a good old Kindle, which has served me well for many years and I thought Id go for the new one so I can put all my books, magazines etc. together rather than having them spread over various devices. I also wanted access to Twitter as im following the Mars Curiosity Rover and occasionally my son sends me youtube links.

I have only 2 gripes, both major as far as Im concerned, both of which will lead me away from Amazon in the future.

1) no support for Flash player - I find it incomprehensible in these days of open everything that the fiscal greed of Amazon and its Lovefilm single mindedness means that access to rival forms of media has been blocked.

2)Im fed up of the lack of functionality of the web app. This is hopeless and doesnt allow you to get rid of the annoying "recommendations"

I want freedom of choice and will be giving my Kindle to my mum, who is 78 and only wants to read books.

I will be going down to my local Currys to buy something more open!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 29, 2012 11:37 PM GMT

Page: 1 | 2