Profile for Amazonian Eve > Reviews

Content by Amazonian Eve

Amazonian Eve (West Midlands, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Kipling Madhouse Black Expandable Shoulder Bag
Kipling Madhouse Black Expandable Shoulder Bag
Price: 93.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Built to last - particularly good as a schoolbag., 18 Dec 2013
I wasn't sure about spending 80 for a schoolbag for my daughter when she asked for a Kipling in Year 7. She'd started off with a High Street, sports shop, shoulder bag and it didn't even make it to the first half term in the October. She insisted that a Kipling would last a lot longer and that if I was prepared to pay 25 for half a term (who knew it would only last that long?) then surely 80 for the remaining 14 and a half terms of her school life, up to GCSEs and possibly longer into her sixth form, was a bargain - and yes, that really was her reasoning. After much persuasion, I gave in and I have to say, I've been really impressed with it ever since. Well that was over 2 years ago and we've only had it for 6 and a half of those terms so far, but it really is looking like it will go the distance. So much so, that since then I've bought her a smaller bag for about town, an overnight bag and a small purse, all in the same range, but different colours. Highly recommend spending the money.

Eastpak Stand Duffel Bag - 32 Liters - Black
Eastpak Stand Duffel Bag - 32 Liters - Black
Price: 28.47

5.0 out of 5 stars You can't go wrong with Eastpak, 18 Dec 2013
This review is from: Eastpak Unisex Stand Bag (Sports)
When my son first asked for an Eastpak bag for school in Year 7, I was a little surprised at the price. He insisted that the quality was so good, I wouldn't have to buy another bag before he left school. Well that was a backpack design and I did have to buy another because someone stole the first one when he was in Year 9. The fact is, despite the price, I was happy to buy another because the quality of Eastpak is so good. So when I was looking for a bag for him to use a gym bag in Year 10, I didn't have to think twice.

He uses this bag for the gym, for weekends away, to put a change of clothes it when going out straight after school, for just about everything. We purchased this one 12 months ago and it's still going strong. And he still has the backpack I bought in Year 9. Definitely a great purchase.

LSA Bar Brandy Glasses Set of two Brandy Glasses
LSA Bar Brandy Glasses Set of two Brandy Glasses
Offered by Gifts2Drink
Price: 27.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully crafted, 18 Dec 2013
I bought these glasses at Christmas in 2012 for my husband. He had been after a set of brandy glasses for quite a while and I searched everywhere and couldn't' find any that looked right. I was happy to pay quite a bit more than I had paid for these and was looking in places like House of Fraser, John Lewis, Selfridges and even Harrods. As an avid Amazon shopper, I entered brandy glasses into the search box and wasn't expecting to see these. I ordered them, not expecting too much, but I was delighted. They are beautifully made and are of a very high quality. Even more importantly, my husband was impressed and I know he thinks I've paid more than double what I have actually paid.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 6, 2014 9:52 AM BST

6 Inch Test Tubes with Light Blue Tops (Pack of 10)
6 Inch Test Tubes with Light Blue Tops (Pack of 10)
Offered by malcolm4531
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A fancy dress success, 18 Dec 2013
I bought this to go with a lab coat I purchased as part of a fancy dress outfit. The theme was school days and I dressed as a chemistry teacher. I filled the test tubes with whisky, brandy and rum (not together, I hasten to add) and was very popular at the party, particularly when I found where the host kept their brandy and was able to keep the test tubes topped up.

Wisden Cricketers' Almanack 2013
Wisden Cricketers' Almanack 2013
by Lawrence Booth
Price: 32.50

5.0 out of 5 stars If you're into Wisden, how could this not be 5-star, 18 Dec 2013
Got this during the Black Friday week as a Christmas present for my husband. It was reduced to 17.50 from 35, which was greatly reduced already from 50. I would never have paid 50 for it, but I know my husband probably would have done, so I'm happy. I have to be honest and say I don't get the point of Wisden (I am soooo sorry to all the cricket fans out there), but I know it really is a must for any self-respecting cricketer.

Renshaw Professional Regalice - Teddy Bear Brown 250g
Renshaw Professional Regalice - Teddy Bear Brown 250g
Offered by Wedding Acrylics
Price: 1.90

2.0 out of 5 stars Great range, odd colour, 18 Dec 2013
Ordered this for my daughter (aged 13) who was making her very first Christmas cake. She was creating a Christmas scene of 3 children in bed waiting for Father Christmas to arrive (yes, very ambitious for a first attempt). The idea was to create 3 children of different races. This didn't represent any skin tone and we didn't use it in the end. It was such an odd colour, that I wouldn't even use it for a teddy bear, as suggested in the name. However, the icing is easy to work with and mould into shape. Also rolls out very easily, so if you're using it for something fairly nondescript, perhaps it will work for you, but this colour just didn't work for us.

Renshaw Professional Regalice - Bottle Green 250g
Renshaw Professional Regalice - Bottle Green 250g
Offered by Wedding Acrylics
Price: 1.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Vibrant colour, 18 Dec 2013
Ordered this for my daughter (aged 13) who was making her very first Christmas cake. She was creating a Christmas scene of 3 children in bed waiting for Father Christmas to arrive (yes, very ambitious for a first attempt). The richness of the bottle green was perfect as the decorations on the Christmas stockings at the base of the bed. We have quite a bit left for other decorations. The icing is easy to work with and mould into shape. Also rolls out very easily. Highly recommend.

Grand Theft Auto V (PS3)
Grand Theft Auto V (PS3)
Price: 22.85

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't like this, but my son and his friends do., 18 Dec 2013
Personally speaking, I don't get games like GTA, but I have to give it a good, 5-star rating because my son, his friends, my friends kids and their friends all rate it well. I remember seeing the original GTA's and being completely horrified by their content. GTA 5 seems a whole lot better. Or maybe I'm just used to the content now.

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Hard Luck (Book 8)
Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Hard Luck (Book 8)
by Jeff Kinney
Price: 5.85

5.0 out of 5 stars The birthday boy enjoyed this, 18 Dec 2013
If you're into the Wimpy Kid series, you'll love this. My kids read the ones that was appropriate to their age, but then didn't read the follow up ones because they'd outgrown them, but I'm still buying them for friends' kids.

Filofax Week on 2 Pages with Monday Start 2014 Diary
Filofax Week on 2 Pages with Monday Start 2014 Diary
Price: 7.50

5.0 out of 5 stars It does what it's supposed to do., 18 Dec 2013
So I'll buy one every year. My friends laugh at me that in this age of smart phones and digital diaries, I still have a filofax. However, when the wifi isn't working, or when they can't view a week at a time, it's me who's laughing. I too have a smart phone, but it does other things.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3