Profile for MarieMc85 > Reviews

Jamie Oliver Funky 3 Piece Knife Set JC7180
Jamie Oliver Funky 3 Piece Knife Set JC7180
Offered by DOUBLE TEE TOOLS

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain!, 31 Mar 2014
My other half has these knives and they are excellent so I wanted a set for myself.

I looked on the Argos website and they were £30 so I was very happy to find them for the bargainous price listed here.

Just as described and fast delivery. Very pleased!

The 5:2 Diet Book: Feast for 5 Days a Week and Fast for 2 to Lose Weight, Boost Your Brain and Transform Your Health

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to read, simple to follow, 31 Mar 2014
I ordered this book as it looked like the best one regarding the 5:2 diet. The diet was recommended to me by a friend who told me that there were lots of rules attached such as; you have to leave 12 hours between breakfast and dinner, no ready meals or soups etc. I thought I had better buy a book so that I knew what I was doing!
I was surprised to find how easy and straightforward this diet was. There are no rules in this book besides sticking to 500 cals or under if you are female and 600 if you are male and not to go over 2000 calories on the feasting days for a woman and 2500 for a man.
Kate explains that you need to find the approach best for you so if you want to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner and keep under 500 cals then, fine. If you want to skip breakfast and have lunch and dinner then that is also fine. She also explained how some people like to just have a big breakfast and some prefer to wait until dinner time. Basically, you do whatever is best for you.
I prefer to have fruit or yogurt for lunch then wait for dinner.
In my first week I lost 6lbs! I have been eating healthily and exercising for over a month and only lost 4.5lbs in that time so 6lbs in one week is excellent!
I am now on week two and finding this easy to stick to.
The book is easy to follow, informative and very down to earth with no faddy rules to follow. I would definitely recommend.

JVC HA-EB75-AE Sports Headphone with Adjustable Clip - Blue
JVC HA-EB75-AE Sports Headphone with Adjustable Clip - Blue
Offered by Apple Gear

2.0 out of 5 stars Won't stay put in my ears!, 23 Feb 2013
Well, I bought these earphones due to the excellent results they received on Amazon.
Earphones will not stay in my ears, therefore I need the hook over ones.
These earphones appear rather cheaply made and they do not stay in! Instead, they get tangled in my hair and fall out of my ears as I am walking along. I have purchased other hook over earphones before that have stayed put, so i am disappointed with these and would not recommend them.

BaByliss 2285BU Hair Curling Wand
BaByliss 2285BU Hair Curling Wand
Offered by eTwist

4.0 out of 5 stars For long, unlayered hair only!, 23 Feb 2013
I ordered the curling wand after the excellent reviews that it received on Amazon.
I chose next day delivery and was impressed that it arrived by 10am the next morning.
To start, the wand heats up quickly and has several heat settings which is good. I used 180 degrees which was more than hot enough for my fine hair.
My hair is long at the back and sides but shorter at the front as I have layers around my face.
The wand is good for curling long hair but it is not good if you have layers around your face. The layers did not curl properly and therefore I think I shall have to wait for it to grow a bit longer before I use the wand. However, maybe with a bit more practice I may be able to get the layers to look presentable!
The glove comes in handy to stop you from burning your hand, although I didn't find it too much of an issue without it.
I think that if you have long, even lengthed hair then this wand will be excellent.