Profile for Jen > Reviews

Content by Jen

Jen (Lancashire)

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (Xbox 360)
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (Xbox 360)
Offered by Bargain Games UK
Price: 15.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Good game, 26 Jan 2014
Bought as a Christmas present as a special request from older son. Well used, met expectations, good and clean condition.

LEGO Star Wars 75023: Advent Calendar
LEGO Star Wars 75023: Advent Calendar
Offered by IDSS
Price: 19.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Plenty of figures, 26 Jan 2014
Lots of figures - actually gave at Christmas rather than pre-Christmas but was just as useful. Still being played with.

LEGO Super Heroes: Hawkeye with Equipment Set 30165 (Bagged)
LEGO Super Heroes: Hawkeye with Equipment Set 30165 (Bagged)
Offered by Sten Books and Toys
Price: 6.49

4.0 out of 5 stars It is what it is, 26 Jan 2014
Good service. Son wanted this for Christmas, he likes it. I thought it was a bit overpriced but it made a good stocking filler.

Teen Idol Terror (A Jenny Johnson Mystery Book 1)
Teen Idol Terror (A Jenny Johnson Mystery Book 1)
Price: 0.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't wait for the next one, 4 Jun 2013
Downloaded this for my seven year old daughter and she loved it. She liked the characters and the storyline, and can't wait for the sequel.

Pass the QTS Numeracy Skills Test with Ease: 2012 - 2013
Pass the QTS Numeracy Skills Test with Ease: 2012 - 2013
by Vali Nasser
Price: 9.74

3.0 out of 5 stars A good companion to the practice tests online, 4 Jun 2013
Faced with my impending numeracy skills test I felt desperate for all the help I could get - it had been over 20 years since I'd taken 'O' level maths. Previous reviews had stated errors in the text, and I did notice a few annoying typos in the book. I used the book as a supplement to practising the tests online, and it did give me some good background knowledge and a few handy tips on speed for the mental maths. I worked my way through the whole of the book and found the quiz sections very useful. I passed first time, and although I wouldn't credit it all to the book, I do feel that it helped.

Understanding Mathematics for Young Children: A Guide for Foundation Stage and Lower Primary Teachers
by Derek Haylock

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for NQTs, 4 Jun 2013
This, in my opinion, is an ideal reference book for teaching mathematics in primary school and was recommended in the reading list from my Uni, and by other teachers that I work with. It's clearly set out and has explanations and activities throughout. It's easy to read and understand.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality and value, 4 Jun 2013
I bought these for a dress up day at school (Winnie the Witch) and wasn't expecting such good quality. They are made of strong material and are a lovely vibrant colour. The price and the service I received - they arrived really quickly - was excellent too.

Good News Bible (Rainbow)
Good News Bible (Rainbow)
by Collins

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for a confirmation present, 4 Jun 2013
I bought this Bible as a present on the occasion of my seven year old daughter's confirmation/first communion. She loves it and has taken it to school most days. It is easy to read and has a pleasant colourful cover and some colour illustrations. The classic style of the Good News Bible's black and white illustrations are the same as they were many years ago - a trip down memory lane for me too. A good price and a lovely present idea. The service was excellent too as the item arrived very quickly after ordering.