Profile for Edguy > Reviews

Content by Edguy

Edguy "jacobyte4" (Enfield UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18
JAX - Classic Leather 'Cut-Off' Motorcycle Waistcoat
JAX - Classic Leather 'Cut-Off' Motorcycle Waistcoat
Offered by The Leatherbox
Price: 89.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality, 7 Jun 2014
Great Quality in leather and zip is solid and good strong stitching. I found the size very tight which surprised me I bought a 7XL (56) as I'm a 54, as I thought I'd be able to wear it over a jacket, the lining is not to my liking as it makes you sweat. But I'll be wearing it over a t-shirt or jumper as spring or autumn waistcoat. But I'd still recommend the item, as I'm sure the sizing is down to my beer gut.

The Human Contradiction
The Human Contradiction
Offered by Books2anywhereUS
Price: 5.47

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 7 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Human Contradiction (Audio CD)
A rating of 3 out of 5.
If you listen to all the songs in isolation there are some good tracks on the album, but if you listen to the album all they way through, by the time you get to the middle, you start to wonder if they used the same drum track all the way through the album. According to the album notes they used 3 different drummers, but it doesn’t show, as all sound as if they are electronic beats. Leaving the drums aside there is good blend of vocals from everyone, and Charlotte Wessels vocals stand out again. Marco Hietala (Nigtwish) makes an appearance on the second track. Alissa White-Gluz (Arch Enemy) growls her way through the last track. Overall I was disappointed with the album it starts of well with the first 3 tracks the best of the bunch, but the album cover is iconic and there are a few good tracks for me to put on the radio playlist (Radio Thunder UK), but I do think fans of the group will like it and see it as progress.

Sacrificium
Sacrificium
Price: 14.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Symphonic Metal at it's best, 7 Jun 2014
This review is from: Sacrificium (Audio CD)
This album get 4.5 out of 5
So far the best Symphonic Metal album of the year for me. The New Vocalist Dianne von Giersbergen is excellent. The production is crisp and sound is spot on.
Only one track disappoints me and that is Little Red Relish and may be the last track Sweet Atonement is placed in the wrong place, as this album deserved to go out on a higher tempo finale. But most of the Tracks are 5star Symphonic Metal.
For all fans of Nightwish, Epica, Delain Within Temptation, or Ancient Bards, listen you might enjoy this album.

A New Dawn Ending
A New Dawn Ending
Price: 7.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Ancient Bards deliver a top album, 7 Jun 2014
This review is from: A New Dawn Ending (MP3 Download)
This album gets a 4.5 out of 5 from me.
For me they have got back on track, as Soulless Child was a bit disappointing after the good The Alliance of Kings album.
Only 2 tracks disappoint me on the whole album, The last title track is very long and may take some getting use to too. The vocal blend on The Last Resort with Fabio Lione doesn't work for me. But the rest of the tracks hit the spot, and stand out tracks are Flaming Heart, In the End, Across this Life. Even the 12 minute Showdown. This album may have less of a Metal edge to it and more Symphonic sound with backing choirs but the vocals of Sara stand out strong as ever, so far this album will get into my top 10 of 2014.

Ronnie James Dio - This Is Your Life
Ronnie James Dio - This Is Your Life

5.0 out of 5 stars I think Ronnie would give this 5 stars, 1 April 2014
Well done to everyone of the bands for this great tribute to Ronnie James Dio. Not a poor track on the album, but then all are classic tracks and you can't beat RJD. I know Ronnie left his mark on me and others as one of the best vocalists ever.

Empire Of The Undead
Empire Of The Undead
Price: 11.10

3.0 out of 5 stars CD Version, 31 Mar 2014
This review is from: Empire Of The Undead (Audio CD)
Firstly there are 3 versions of this album, the mp3 download area doesn't have the opening track Avalon (album only) then there's the CD version (with 11 tracks 10+1 Bonus!!!), then there's the CD+DVD version (with 3 extra CD tracks, but they are " Live recorded from the Studio Session - Avalon, Empire of the Dead, The Spirit) the DVD is Studio sessions, Promos, Interviews, 3 Live tracks from Skeletons & Majestics Tour (1. Gamma Ray 2. Wings of Destiny 3.Send Me A Sign).

Well I bought the CD only version (and got the mp3 download thrown in, which does download the 1st track Avalon).
It's typical Gamma Ray album, so most of the tracks will blend in Live at a concert. But I can't get over thrilled about it just yet.
The outstanding tracks for me are Avalon and I Will Return, and then Seven, Born to Fly, but on first listen, there are too many mediocre tracks for me to get too enthusiastic.

Camel Active Men's Crew Neck Long - regular Jumper  - Black - Schwarz (34 anthramelange) - 54
Camel Active Men's Crew Neck Long - regular Jumper - Black - Schwarz (34 anthramelange) - 54

2.0 out of 5 stars Watch out for sizes are wrong for UK, 21 Mar 2014
Had to send this back. It's good quality, but I think the sizes are continental.
The size 54 I was expecting turned out to be a size 48 UK !!!!

Thunder & Steele
Thunder & Steele
Price: 7.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Storming back to form, 21 Mar 2014
This review is from: Thunder & Steele (MP3 Download)
After the disappointment for me of Heathen Warrior Stormwarrior have come back on form with an album to rival Heading Northe.
This just oozes great tracks and will probably end up as one of my top albums of 2014 despite it being released in January.
If you haven't heard them before, then they are like Helloween Gamma Ray, but have their own sound that you would know is Stormwarrior if you started listening half way through a track, if you know what I mean.

Maiden England '88 [2LP Limited Edition Picture Disc] [VINYL]
Maiden England '88 [2LP Limited Edition Picture Disc] [VINYL]
Price: 31.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Vinyl LP, 4 Mar 2014
Bought this to display rather than play. Needs a good quality frame as the 2 picture discs are heavy, so you have to remove them to hang on wall.

Sennheiser PC31 II Overhead Binaural VoIP On-Ear Headset
Sennheiser PC31 II Overhead Binaural VoIP On-Ear Headset
Offered by Buyur
Price: 19.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Sound, 4 Mar 2014
Usual Sennheiser good quality sound. Mic seems to give good clarity to your voice. Ear pads are comfortable, but can get a bit itchy after a while.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18