ARRAY(0xa6f6cb10)

Profile for Mr. L. Sexton > Reviews

Content by Mr. L. Sexton

Mr. L. Sexton "Yasmin" (Dundee, Scotland)

Music For The People
Music For The People
Offered by Dirty Deals UK
Price: 6.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Impressive, 27 April 2009
This review is from: Music For The People (Audio CD)
I'm just on my second listen to this album and I have to say I'm very impressed with the direction that The Enemy have taken. If you are looking for something that sounds like "We'll live and Die in these towns" then you will be disappointed but if you're looking for something more mature and meaningful then this is for you. From the opening "Elephant Song" which is epic in it's sound to the (dare I say)slightly pop sounding "Sing when you're in love" every track is different, gorgeous and really pretty damn good. I read reviews on the internet about this CD before purchasing and The Enemy were slated for trying to emulate other bands (Zeppelin, The clash and Pulp to name a few!). I don't think this is true. This is a young band finding their own sound and to be honest I can't wait for the next album!

Samsung DVD-HR753 - DVD Recorder 160Gb Hard Drive - With HDMI
Samsung DVD-HR753 - DVD Recorder 160Gb Hard Drive - With HDMI

2.0 out of 5 stars Good apart from hdmi, 31 Aug 2007
This recorder was fine until I decided to use hdmi. Once I had bought the hdmi cale (not supplied) a few days after using/buying this product I noticed a huge problem. Syncing was well out between lips and sound. This only occurs when using the hdmi cable, which kind of defeats the purpose of paying the premium for having an hdmi connection. It was so bad it's like watching a badly dubbed Chinese Karate film from the 80's. Using the composite was fine, no sync problems whatsoever.

In general it was a decent recorder (I returned mine and bought a different brand) let down badly by the hdmi problem. Like I say it's fine if you dont use this, but you are paying a premium for the advertised hdmi socket, and why bother paying this if you dont intend to use it?

My advice is to buy a different product. A firmware update id not fix the issue.

Navman iCN330 - GPS Navigation System with UK Maps
Navman iCN330 - GPS Navigation System with UK Maps

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value?, 9 Aug 2006
I bought this today and used it straight away, out of the box it is very easy to set up, although turning it on from the button at the side was a nightmare and I seem to have broken the battery on switch :p. The menu system is easy to understand and I havent yet looked at the manual and have no intention of doing so.

It's cheap, it does what it says on the box, the speakers are crystal clear, the maps are quite easy to follow (except going slow in urban areas can be quite hard to see the roads so listen out carefully to the instructions rather than relying on reading the map).

So far its ALMOST taken me where it was meant to, but going to Edzell near Brechin up in Scotland, it decided that I was at the High St 4 miles away. It also has old roads, one of the roads I travelled on has been running for over a year and it still had the old road on it, so perhaps its time they updated their mapping? I am certainly not paying 119 for a new map from the navman site!!!

Overall it seems good, there has been a couple of hiccups in my first day, but I will bare with it and give it a bit of a chance, however if the mapping is wrong again I'm afraid I will have to get an exchange for something else as I rely on this thing for my job.

It is my first sat nav, it seems good value for money, but if it isn't getting me to where I want to be then how good value is it really?