ARRAY(0xa2686984)

Profile for A. Horner > Reviews

Content by A. Horner

A. Horner "Andrew Horner" (Erskine, Scotland)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19
Colour Deconstructed
Colour Deconstructed
by Tricia Guild
Price: 19.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Reference, 3 Mar 2014
This review is from: Colour Deconstructed (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'd never really thought about the ideas behind this book before and it's made me sit down and think about my surroundings. It's an excellent reference and is first class at generating ideas to kick start the design process and follow it through to the end. Some things that we take for granted are, in fact, quite complex and have a depth of background that we haven't even considered.

I'd recommend this book to anyone interested in interior design or who is considering a project in that area.

Men Rock Cut Throat Shavette
Men Rock Cut Throat Shavette
Offered by Gadget Grotto
Price: 9.25

4.0 out of 5 stars Different!, 3 Mar 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
What an excellent idea! I've never used a blade like this before and it's going to take some getting used to but it's a great idea and I love the effect. It gives a great shave, very close and very smooth and I can't fault it. I think it's a blade I'll use often though whether I'll stick with it full time I don't know!

Well worth the money just for the experience!

Life Drawing (Drawing Masterclass)
Life Drawing (Drawing Masterclass)
by Eddie Armer
Price: 9.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Work, 28 Feb 2014
Of all the books I have on drawing this is by far one of the best. As far as life drawing goes, it is the best. The text is easy to follow, the diagrams are excellent and the tips and ideas superb. The way Eddie Armer demonstrates a variety of drawing methods – pencil, charcoal, biro, wax crayon – is very useful.

As someone who attends life drawing sessions each week I loved the way he has taken time with his pictures. The main lessons I drew from this was to take longer to achieve a better result and not to try and do too much with each drawing. If you have the time then by all means complete a full picture, but know your limitations and only take on what you can achieve.

I highly recommend this book – it’s excellent!

Russell Hobbs Illumina Hand Mixer, 500 Watt - Black
Russell Hobbs Illumina Hand Mixer, 500 Watt - Black
Price: 39.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant piece of kit!, 24 Feb 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Probably the best hand-held food mixer we’ve ever used (and we’ve been through a few!). It’s robust, ergonomically comfortable to use and does the job. Russell Hobbs, as a brand name, is synonymous with quality and this food mixer is right up there in that category. It’s easy to clean and store, which is always a bonus, and we’re very pleased we chose that model. We recommend this mixer to anyone.

Tacwise 0847 Z3-53L Staple / Nail Gun
Tacwise 0847 Z3-53L Staple / Nail Gun
Price: 20.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Piece of Kit!, 21 Feb 2014
An excellent tool and an ideal addition to any home toolkit. The amount of small jobs that can be tackled with this robust, well made tool are limitless. The price is OK and the fact that it can fire staples, nails and tacks makes it even better. Did I say I love it?

Tacwise 53 Staple Selection Pack (6mm, 8mm & 10mm / 2000 of each)
Tacwise 53 Staple Selection Pack (6mm, 8mm & 10mm / 2000 of each)
Price: 6.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Quality, 21 Feb 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I bought this staple selection for my Tacwise 53 stapler. It's a good selection, plenty of spares and in a compact pack. The Tacwise stapler is first class so I'm happy with these consumables and at a very reasonable price on Amazon.

Wooden Reading Rest - Adjustable Cookbook Holder
Wooden Reading Rest - Adjustable Cookbook Holder
Offered by Claris
Price: 19.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Quality, 12 Feb 2014
I bought this because I spend more time sitting at the dining table reading or writing than I do in an armchair. This takes the weight off of books and it doubles up as a stand for pictures that I copy when I draw.

The quality is excellent and I'm pleased I didn't go for a cheaper version.

The Scandalous Duchess
The Scandalous Duchess
by Anne O'Brien
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Read, 12 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Scandalous Duchess (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is the first book I've read by this author, and based how much I enjoyed this have decided to read her other novels. Her characters are well defined and I was immediately caught up in the romance between Catherine and John. I'd recommend this book to anyone who enjoys historical fiction.

Global Art 24 Pencil Case Rose
Global Art 24 Pencil Case Rose
Offered by Hyatt's All Things Creative .
Price: 15.70

3.0 out of 5 stars Could be better, 12 Feb 2014
I'm always on the lookout for a decent pencil case and this seemed to fit the bill. I have to say it's sturdy and well made. The main area is very stiff and will stop any pencils being affected by an external force but there are two main areas of concern:

1. It will hold 24 pencils - at a struggle - but is better with 18. There are six looped sections, each designed to hold four pencils but it's a very tight fit so three pencils in each is better.

2. It's not long enough! Each corner is rounded so the pencils inside have to be shorter at each side of the case and my new Tombow Mono 100 pencils will lose the points on some pencils without care. The same goes for my Derwent pencils. It's a tight fit and had the case been just one centimetre longer it would be better! The last thing you want to do is to have to sharpen your pencils to make them all shorter!

Global Art 24 pencil Case Sage
Global Art 24 pencil Case Sage
Offered by Hyatt's All Things Creative .
Price: 15.70