Profile for fitz Hubert > Reviews

Content by fitz Hubert

fitz Hubert (Colchester, England)

Page: 1 | 2
The Wind In The Willows - The Original Movie (Digitally Restored Edition - 2013) [DVD]
Dvd ~ David Jason
Price: 4.25

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't judge a DVD by its cover!, 30 Jun 2014
*I don't believe the packaging here when it says "Digitally Restored Edition". The copy is very dark and the definition fuzzy. The only reason I have given it a 3-star rating is because I enjoyed the novel and decided to get the (award-winning) TV film. Don't buy if you want a good quality version.

Judge Long Handled Colander 24cm
Judge Long Handled Colander 24cm
Offered by Harts Of Stur
Price: 7.54

5.0 out of 5 stars You might find this a "strain" to read (Joke), 31 Oct 2013
This review is from: Judge Long Handled Colander 24cm
I purchased this item for some friends of mine who couldn't find one in any of their local stores, so this is not my personal veiw of the goods. However, they were quite impressed with the quality and price. They found the long handle particularly convenient, as opposed to the two small hand grips featured on most colanders.

Iko Iko
Iko Iko

5.0 out of 5 stars A want fulfilled, 31 Oct 2013
This review is from: Iko Iko (MP3 Download)
I think nostalgia must be creeping up on me (at the ripe old age of 66), but I've always loved this number but never got round to buying it, until recently. The frustrating thing was thar I was not sure of the title. I thought it was NIKO, NIKO, and I couldn't remember the artists either! But, we got there in the end. A great number to dance or singalong to.

A Night At The Opera [1935]
A Night At The Opera [1935]
Dvd ~ Groucho Marx
Offered by macher43
Price: 48.99

5.0 out of 5 stars They don't make films like this anymore!, 31 Oct 2013
This review is from: A Night At The Opera [1935] (DVD)
I've always tried to keep a 'representative' collection of films, with a classic example of each actor. This film is without doubt the Marx Brothers' best. I bought it 'used' from Mr TDT, but the condition was just as if I had got it off the shelf from HMV! A must for any fan of the golden age of Hollywood.

Cuisipro Cherry/ Olive Pitter
Cuisipro Cherry/ Olive Pitter
Price: 10.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Well, stone me!, 31 Aug 2013
I thought that cherry stoners had gone out with Queen Victoria and that I would only be able to get one in a brac-a brac/junk shop. Not so. This is an excellent little tool. A nice action, and easy to keep clean due to its stainless steel/plastic construction. I love eating cherries by themselves but got fed up with trying to carefully avoid cracking a filling and/or swallowing a stone. Get one!

A Thunder Of Drums
A Thunder Of Drums

4.0 out of 5 stars A chance discovery., 14 Aug 2013
This review is from: A Thunder Of Drums (MP3 Download)
Years ago I never missed an episode of the American detective series "Perry Mason" - which shows my age - and liked the theme tune. Some years later when the series ended, a friend of mine lent me his 45 of the number. The flip side was "Thunder Of Drums" (from a film, apparently), and I kicked myself for not buying the disc at the time, because this number is a damned good B-side to "Perry Mason". It sounds like the film was a western(?). I don't know, I never watched it!

Theme From Harry's Game
Theme From Harry's Game
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Gives me shivers., 14 Aug 2013
If there is one song that sends shivers through me in terms of sheer atmosphere and spirituality (not necessarily Christian!), this is it. Possibly the best thing Clannad have done, although "Robin the Hooded Man" comes close.

El Cumbanchero
El Cumbanchero

4.0 out of 5 stars At last it's available on MP3!, 14 Aug 2013
This review is from: El Cumbanchero (MP3 Download)
For the last two years I have been downloading my favourite group's singles, but this was the one track I could never get in the original studio version. Up to now it was only available on a live album. It was only a minor hit for the Ventures, but if you're a real fan, here it is. Thank you Amazon.

Dodo's Dream
Dodo's Dream
Price: 0.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Gordon who?, 10 Aug 2013
This review is from: Dodo's Dream (MP3 Download)
It's a pity that the fabulous Gordon Giltrap is not more widely known or appreciated. He is one of Britain's best guitarists, more so because you can't really put him in a particular genre/bag. This is one of his best numbers from his early years, which (along with the knockout "Lucifer's Cage") he is still performing today It's a composition whose quality has stood the test of time.

Hit And Miss
Hit And Miss

5.0 out of 5 stars This takes me back!, 10 Aug 2013
This review is from: Hit And Miss (MP3 Download)
Juke Box Jury was a must-watch every Saturday night when I was in my early teens, but I never ever bought the theme tune. Well, here it is, and every time I play it, nostalgia takes me right back to those (halcyon!) days. Great!

Page: 1 | 2