Profile for Chris S > Reviews

Chris S

100 Hits - 80's Weekender
100 Hits - 80's Weekender

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value 5CD compilation!, 4 Dec. 2013
This compilation takes me back to my youth. Some great dance classics to get you singing along and get your feet tapping. A few less well known tracks spoil the selection, in my view, but you can just skip them.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 16, 2013 12:02 AM GMT

Northern Soul: 20 Original Classics
Northern Soul: 20 Original Classics
Offered by A2Z Entertains

5.0 out of 5 stars Every one a gem!, 4 Dec. 2013
Good value CD containing many classics found on numerous compilations. I was particularly pleased to see "Stormy" by Diana Ross and the Supremes and "I Got The Fever" by The Prophets, as these are not often found on compilations. Excellent selection.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 27, 2014 3:38 PM GMT

Wigan Casino 40th Anniversary Album
Wigan Casino 40th Anniversary Album

5.0 out of 5 stars Took me right back to my Casino days!, 4 Dec. 2013
Great 2CD compilation of all the classics from Wigan Casino. Informative sleeve notes from Richard Searling. Brought back many happy memories.

Northern Soul - The Collection
Northern Soul - The Collection

5.0 out of 5 stars Great selection!, 4 Dec. 2013
Good value 3 disc set containing many northern classics and some tracks I did not know. A good introduction to new listeners of northern soul and some new songs for those of us who have been listening for years!