Profile for Mrs. B. M. Jones > Reviews

Content by Mrs. B. M. Jones

Mrs. B. M. Jones "maybea" (bracknell, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Uncertain Peril: Genetic Engineering and the Future of Seeds
Uncertain Peril: Genetic Engineering and the Future of Seeds
by Claire Hope Cummings

4.0 out of 5 stars knowing you, 17 April 2009
Very informative and somewhat scary. I find I can refer to it at intervals but do not feel able to take whole chapters all at once.
There is, however, a tendency to overstate repeatedly the catastrophe ahead unless the 11th hour comes and industry and populations alter their ideas.B.J.

Terminal [DVD] [2004] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Terminal [DVD] [2004] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by supermart_usa

1.0 out of 5 stars not as appearances, 1 Feb. 2009
This was not playable on my DVD as it was not 2. I watched it on the computer but found the volume of the sound track affected. Will be very careful to make sure that any further DVDs are either all regions or only 2.Bea Jones
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 27, 2014 10:17 AM GMT

Yuraku 19" Widescreen LCD Black TFT Monitor 5ms, 700:1
Yuraku 19" Widescreen LCD Black TFT Monitor 5ms, 700:1

2.0 out of 5 stars not as appearances, 1 Feb. 2009
Unfortunately, we had to return this immediately and, with Amazon's excellent service of collection and refund, were able to re-order a 'Yusmart'.
The problems with Yuraku 19" were : the controls were at the rear right of the screen and insufficient time allowed to alter the menus before it faded. The picture faded towards the sides of the monitor. The sound was tinny but I was not bothered about this as I play very little music.
Very dissapointed as other reviews of the Yuraku suggested it was better.Bea Jones

Yusmart 19" TFT Monitor - 198QP 12ms with Built-in Speakers Black/Silver
Yusmart 19" TFT Monitor - 198QP 12ms with Built-in Speakers Black/Silver

4.0 out of 5 stars Replaceafriend, 17 Dec. 2008
This was chosen to replace a Yaruku Monitor (which we returned immediately). This Yusmart was easy to set up, good colour balance, intruction book supplied. Built in speakers not important to me but OK in as much as desk space was freed of old speakers. I would still have preferred a square monitor rather than a rectangle, but it seems that 90% of monitors now are wide and the measurement of 19" is diagonal.

Tower 2824-12 Family Pressure Cooker
Tower 2824-12 Family Pressure Cooker

5.0 out of 5 stars replacing an old friend., 2 Sept. 2008
After 53 years of using a high dome I have had to buy this Tower pressure cooker. I know how old my cooker was as it is the same age as my son. We lived in a village and there were no baby foods in tin or jars then. Once a week powdered milk and orange juice could be picked up at a small clinic. I was aware of the adverts for pressure cooking and - hey ho - off I went on a learning curve which was to expand into teaching food studies! I see this pressure cooker has a 10 year guarantee, I may pass it on to the grandchildren. Bea Jones.

Canon Pixma  MP170 Direct Photo Printer All in One
Canon Pixma MP170 Direct Photo Printer All in One

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job from B.Jones, Bracknell, Berks., 4 Aug. 2006
We are very pleased with this All-in-one. Easy to install, it copied music clearly, printed out e-mail from the PC, photo clarity was excellent and scanning had helpful navigator. A pity the manual was printed so small and it would be best if, on the set up leaflet, they say "Do not connect USB until the software is installed" although to be fair this instruction is in the small print. USB not supplied but I had one.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5