Profile for David > Reviews

Content by David

David (Holmfirth, United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
Neotechs® Windscreen Car Holder Cradle GPS Mount for Samsung Galaxy Note N7000
Neotechs® Windscreen Car Holder Cradle GPS Mount for Samsung Galaxy Note N7000
Offered by Neotechs

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly useable, 17 Mar 2014
Not much you can say about this really. It is custom made to fit the N7000. Nice and solid. Hasn't fallen off the window yet.

Orange Metal Aluminum Replacement Battery Cover housing for Samsung Galaxy Note i i9220 N7000

3.0 out of 5 stars Solid, but not orange, 17 Mar 2014
Good, solid material. Excellent fit. Very secure
But it's not orange. Most definitely GOLD.

I look like I'm all blinged up now. Very tacky. I've sent for a blue one in the hopes I'll look less like a drug dealer.

Olympus Has Fallen [Blu-ray] [2013]
Olympus Has Fallen [Blu-ray] [2013]
Dvd ~ Gerard Butler

3.0 out of 5 stars Utterly Barking Bulletfest, 25 Nov 2013
Staring Gerard Butler as Gerard Butler, and Morgan Freeman as Morgan Freeman.

On first glance, it's Die-Hard without the laughs. But there are actually some REALLY funny moments in this:
At one point, an army begins a withdrawal from a certain area, and all their tanks are shown driving IN REVERSE. Are they really going to drive the five hundred miles to the harbour looking out of their rear mirrors?

Later, somebody very important has to get onto a Black Hawk Helicopter. "Don't worry." says an advisor "We've fitted it with a tracker."
Really? A TRACKER? What is it, a Ford Fiesta?? Don't Black Hawks come with transponders as standard these days?

InnooTech 300 LED Fairy String Lights 30M White Lights 8 Operation Modes for Indoor wedding Party
Offered by Innoo Tech

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad at all, 14 Sep 2013
They do pretty much what they say on the tin. I bought a few sets for a party and we were pleasantly surprised at how they'd transformed the look of a village hall for very little outlay.
You CAN set them for flicker and flash, if you like that sort of thing. We kept our on constant and just enjoyed the atmosphere they created.
A lot cheaper than some others, and just as reliable.

Kubb Birch
Kubb Birch
Offered by Sportshak

4.0 out of 5 stars Nicely made. Great wood, 14 Sep 2013
This review is from: Kubb Birch (Misc.)
If you've not tried Kubb, I suggest you try looking on You Tube for people who have. It's a lot of fun for older children and grown ups. (Especially after a few beers).

We played it on a camp site this year and it was a great way for my kids to make friends with kids from other families. Quite simply nobody had seen it before, but everybody wanted a go.

I just love the material it's made from. The beech wood feels heavy and solid and is the sort of thing I just enjoy handling.

A lot more fun than the playstation, in my opinion. And much better for you.

This kit includes a kind of mesh net to carry them in, which is fairly useless. Hence four stars instead of five.

Rustic Zinc Tea Light Holder Heart Design
Rustic Zinc Tea Light Holder Heart Design
Offered by Dotcomgiftshop

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value. Pretty looking, 14 Sep 2013
This was a last minute purchase for my partner's birthday party. They are quite charming and now I use them for cute outdoor lighting when camping.
Not the easiest things to get lit tea lights into, but they don't have sharp edges, and feel quite robust.
I'm considering getting more for garden parties.

Amazonas Microrope (pack of 2), perfect for hammocks
Amazonas Microrope (pack of 2), perfect for hammocks
Offered by Blyme

5.0 out of 5 stars Safe, secure, and great value., 14 Sep 2013
I used this to secure a hammock between two fully grown trees. On both cases the trunks were too thick to get my hands around, and there was still enough left over to fold away. I'm no lightweight (Over 15 stone), but the micro-rope gave me complete confidence and didn't let me down.

Easy to take apart. Easy to store. What's not to like?

The Secret of Getting Things Done : Think Less To Achieve More
The Secret of Getting Things Done : Think Less To Achieve More

2.0 out of 5 stars More metaphysical than practical, 13 Sep 2013
It's not exactly a how-to guide for the practically minded. More an exercise in wishful thinking.

I'll write a longer review at some point. When I get round to it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 21, 2014 10:24 AM BST

Munchkin 2: Unnatural Axe
Munchkin 2: Unnatural Axe

5.0 out of 5 stars Great expansion set, 13 Sep 2013
This review is from: Munchkin 2: Unnatural Axe (Toy)
Love it. Lots of creative thought. Plenty of new giggles to enjoy. The illustrations are well up to standard and the puns are just as awful as ever.
No great surprises, but well worth the updgrade.

Pioneer SE-NC31C Fully Enclosed Dynamic Inner-Ear Noise-Cancelling Headphones - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars My least favourite headphones, 13 Sep 2013
Note to self - read the specs carefully before buying.
The noise cancelling on these phones is designed to filter out the lower frequencies of sound. Not the higher.
So that means if I use them in the office, I can still hear all the people talking over my music.
When I'm in the garden shed I can still hear next doors screaming kids in perfect clarity.
When I'm on the train, I get to enjoy the sound of crying babies in the carriage at full volume.

In other words, they filter out everything BUT the things that get in the way of my listening pleasure.

Seriously uncomfortable, too.

And when the noise reduction is on, there's a loud hiss that has me wishing for the old days of Dolby. to say nothing of the fact that, when switched on, the noise cancelling hardware picks up INTERFERENCE FROM MY MOBILE PHONE, so I get pulses all what I'm listening to anyway.

Terrible.

Owned for less than a month, and already lying in a drawer somewhere. A waste of money.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 25, 2013 4:58 PM GMT