Profile for Alan Gee > Reviews

Content by Alan Gee

Alan Gee "algee" (Staffs, England)

James Wellbeloved Adult Lamb and Rice Kibble 15 kg
James Wellbeloved Adult Lamb and Rice Kibble 15 kg
Offered by Lovepetsuperstore
Price: 43.39

4.0 out of 5 stars The Dog seems to like it!, 31 Jan 2014
My dog got a bit fed up with the Burns food he was on, often leaving it in the mornings but this changed when we got James Wellbeloved. My dog is a Labrador retriever and seems to really like it. It seems more substantial than Burns, perhaps tastier? I don't know as I haven't tried it myself, lol! Having said this he did leave some of it this morning so perhaps I need to cut his food intake down - but as he's as a very trim dog I'm a bit loathed to do that. He also like Symply although thats more expensive. Anyway he's getting on fine with it - better than Burns at the moment.

Microsoft OFFICE MAC HOME STUDENT 2011 V2011 FAMILY PACK GR, W7F-00017 (V2011 FAMILY PACK GR GR= GER EN=ENGLISH IN=INT)

3.0 out of 5 stars Newer version takes getting used to, 23 Oct 2013
I've been used to using the old version for 8 - 9 years so the newer version should be better or more intuitive to use but I find it isn't. Just things like copying images and trying to put into a document are so much harder, can't drop and paste like I used to. Some menu options are harder to find like wrapping text etc but now I know how to get to them - its just not quite as simple somehow. Hence the rating that it is okay, not a great leap forward over 9 years. I only changed because of compatability issues with the older version and this version seems to rectify those. Hey-ho!!

Burns Original Fish for Adult Dogs 15 kg
Burns Original Fish for Adult Dogs 15 kg
Price: 45.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value on regular subscription, 25 April 2013
Obviously cheaper on regular subscrition and I vary this with other flavours. My dog (Labrador Retriever) has been fed on Burns since a puppy and he's always had a noticeably glossy and healthy coat which many people comment on. He always seems happy to eat this food and no problems with digestion etc.

Burns Original Chicken for Adult or Senior Dogs 15 Kg
Burns Original Chicken for Adult or Senior Dogs 15 Kg
Price: 46.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for my Dog., 25 April 2013
I've fed my dog on Burns virtually since I had him (Labrador retriever). Many people comment on his glossy coat and he always seems perfectly happy to gulp his food down. No problems with the quality - I do vary diet with other flavours. Good value on the regular subscription option.

Bentley BBQ Medium Universal Gas Charcoal Premium Polyester Canvas Cover with 3-Burner
Offered by BuyDirect4U
Price: 16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent cover, 25 April 2013
Used to cover an Outback Trooper bbq. Fits very well and looks good in black. Has done a great job over its first winter protecting from all the snow, frosts and rain and still looks good as new.

Russell Hobbs 18256 Heritage Kettle - 1.8 Litre - Country Cream
Russell Hobbs 18256 Heritage Kettle - 1.8 Litre - Country Cream
Price: 24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars good performer, 17 April 2012
We bought this partly on style and colour but pleased to say it performs very well, quickly boiling the water. It is easy to fill either through the spout or taking the lid off although that is a bit on the tight side so its easier to fill through the spout. We've had it several months now and it has been very reliable and works well. The base sometimes gets a bit wet from condensation but that has happened to all other kettles I've seen, but its no problem to wipe away any water or build up of lime scale, it comes clean very quickly.

Karrimor Men's EN345-SB Honey Safety Boot S247-HNY-157 10 UK, 44 EU, 11 US
Karrimor Men's EN345-SB Honey Safety Boot S247-HNY-157 10 UK, 44 EU, 11 US

4.0 out of 5 stars good for the money, 29 Sep 2011
I ordered a size 10 (which my feet normally are) but the boots are about half or a size bigger so I have to wear thick socks or an insole. Otherwise they are very comfortable and don't need wearing in. I've got them a bit scuffed and they seem to mark easily but that's not really a problem for the use I put them to. For the price they are very good value.

25/04/2013, Since the above review one of the lace hooks broke off. I tie the laces round the ankle now. They still look alright though and they have withstood a fair bit of scuffing so far.

Hi-Tec Men's Multiterra Targa HPI Charcoal 43043-ND5 10 UK
Hi-Tec Men's Multiterra Targa HPI Charcoal 43043-ND5 10 UK
Offered by shoeshoebedo

4.0 out of 5 stars Hi-Tec Multiterra Targa, 27 Dec 2010
These were originally purchased for a trip abroad next year but in the snow and ice weather we have been having I've worn them virtually everyday. They have good grip, comfortable and fairly easy to put on. I'm still not entirely convinced by the slip-on nature of the shoes as they can take a bit of time to wriggle the foot into them but at least you don't have to bother with laces. They hold the foot very well though, are comfortable and have kept me dry and seem to shrug off the dirt and water very well. Overall I'm impressed, especially at the reduced price I bought them for and they have been my favourite footwear so far for the three weeks I've had them. I'm looking forward to trying them out on longer walks now they are wearing in. I'd give them five stars if they were just a bit easier to put on, but this may be because they are still quite new and stiff, we'll see?