Profile for Cait Verling > Reviews

Birds of Ireland: Facts, Folklore and History
Birds of Ireland: Facts, Folklore and History
by Glynn Anderson

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic resource, 1 Jun. 2014
Beautiful book! I really enjoyed learning the Irish names for Irish bird life and I've been using this book with my children

Cat's Eye
Cat's Eye
by Margaret Atwood

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best books i ever read., 3 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Cat's Eye (Paperback)
I absolutely love this book and have read it twice. It is definitely my favourite Margaret Attwood book apart from Alias Grace which i also adored. On reading, it is just impossible to imagine that the story is not true or that it doesnt come from her own life experience. She captures in the most agonising way the bullying and torture little girls inflict upon one another.

The Slap
The Slap
by Christos Tsiolkas

3.0 out of 5 stars I was hooked but not sure i got much out of it, 3 Feb. 2012
This review is from: The Slap (Paperback)
I found this book very gripping but by the end i didnt get much out of it. Like other reviewers have said i was confused at the beginning by the array of characters but i got to know them pretty quickly. It did paint a fairly depressing picture of modern Australia i have to say. I have spent time there and i could relate to some of it. I have to say i also found the sex scenes a bit gratuitous and wondered what the point of them was........ i couldn't put it down but i'm not sure i'd recommend it because i didn't feel it had any clear message for me.

Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Electric Steam Steriliser
Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Electric Steam Steriliser
Offered by Bluecrest Direct

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful steriliser, 5 Jan. 2011
I have used four different types of sterilisers with my children and this is by far the worst. I have the same problems as everyone else, it just collects water and then the cycle finishes in less than a minute, no way could the bottles be sterilised in this time. Today when i descaled it some stuff started peeling of the plate at teh bottom so now its half peeled off, and when i ran a sterilising cycle with water it all started coming off, Yuck. Now i'm not sure if its even safe to use it with my baby. RUBBISH.

Breath
Breath
by Tim Winton

2.0 out of 5 stars Started well and ended badly, 12 Nov. 2008
This review is from: Breath (Hardcover)
I was glued to this book for about the first half, couldnt put it down, thought it would be a kind of coming of age book and loved the descriptions of western australia and the surf. However, i felt it really unravelled in the second half, as if the author didnt quite know how to end it. The description of his relationship with the older woman didnt have substance and i really didnt see the point of it. The second part of his life was rushed through and none of the ideas were well developed. The most I can say is that i loved the first half of the book and was so disappointed with where it ended up.