Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "Alonline" (Swansea, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
AFUNTA Universal VR Virtual Reality 3D Video Glasses For 4~6 inch Smartphones for 3D Movies and Games, letting everyone enjoy an immersive 3D experience, 'Revelation' - Adjustable Pupillary Distance, Adjustable Strap
Offered by Afunta UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality for the price, 27 Mar. 2015
You can't beat this headset for price and utility. It is fully adjustable to accept many different phones - the sides and the top/bottom sections open up to deal with smaller and larger phones, and with their cases as well as long as their slim enough. The stiffness of the ratchets that locate these adjustable pieces is also adjustable with a small screwdriver, and the plastic feels of a good enough quality to last well.

The straps are adjustable and comfortable, and if you tighten the overhead strap properly then you don't get any strain on the bridge of your nose.

The only downside is the lack of a magnet, but you can use your own for the apps that need one. Forutnately most apps seem to moving away from magnets, as most people don't like them, and towards you just staring at a particular point to activate it. This is much better in my opinion.

If you want to try the cardboard experience then this is a cheap, comfortable and good way to give it a go.

EUROPE Travel adapter socket power charger travel outlet power plug power strip International worldwide travel adapter Travel Mains Plug with 3 Universal AC Outlet and dual usb charger for charging tablet or mobile suitable for UK visitor to EU Europe European SPPS2500U-1 (UK to EU Power Adapter) (UK To EU Travel Adapter)
Offered by MLC Distribution

5.0 out of 5 stars A genuinely useful addition for travelling the continent., 11 Mar. 2015
The 3 sockets accept not only UK plugs but also shaver plugs and EU 2 pin plugs, and probably a range of others. Meanwhile the 2 USB ports will allow you to charge your phones and tablets without needing to carry adapters - you can just take the USB cables.

Mele F10-PRO 2.4G Wireless Air Mouse Keyboard 2 in 1 Intelligent Voice with IR Remote Control for Computer / TV / Media Player / Android TV Box
Offered by Unipro Tek

4.0 out of 5 stars Works as a remote, mouse and keyboard really well - but has limitations on Android players, 28 Dec. 2014
I bought this remote for my newly purchased DroidBox, as there's a lot more text entry required when browsing vast arrays of music and video. The remote itself is simple to use - just plug in the USB adapter and away you go. It's rechargeable and comes with a USB cable to do the charging, and I was pleasantly surpised at how long a time the charge lasts, mainlyt as it goes into standby very quickly.

Using it as a remote is simple, as is using the mouse facility and then just flipping it over for a keyboard. I have to say it's very versatile in that regard and certainly makes navigating around a more complex entertainment set-up a breeze. I haven't tried the phone facility yet, but I can confirm that the speaker on the Mele does work - unfortunately at the wrong time when you first get it.

This brings me to the first issue I had with the Mele, and initially it was large enough that I almost gave up and sent it back. When connected to an Android device it took over the entire sound system, so movies and music played on my DroidBox had their video appear nicely on the TV screen but the sound was piped through the Mele. Fortunately a little bit of Googling found the answer, so for anyone else thinking of buying this feel free to do so and just install an app called "SoundAbout" from the Google Play Store or via Aptoide. This will allow you to determine which output is used for the various sound options on the device, so you can have phone calls via the Mele but the rest of your sound come through the TV or other speakers.

The second issue is more of an annoyance than a major drawback, but I feel it's worth pointing out - the Mele F10-Pro has no way to learn Infrared codes! For such a good piece of kit I was surprised at this and while I still like and use the unit I need to have the original remote on hand as well in order to turn my DroidBox on and off and for the occasional kick back to the Home screen when something freezes. This is the last thing the Mele needs in order to become the ultimate HTPC or Android player remote control.

All in all I'd still recommend it if you need to do a lot of text entry, but don't expect to be able to bin your old remote control and just use the Mele.

Under Heaven
Under Heaven

5.0 out of 5 stars ... political intrigue and romance then Under Heaven is highly recommended. I bought this almost a year ago and ..., 17 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Under Heaven (Kindle Edition)
Whether you're interested in ancient China or just want a cracking story of political intrigue and romance then Under Heaven is highly recommended. I bought this almost a year ago and it had dropped down my reading list as other books and series caught my attention, but when I was travelling the other day I came across it, started reading it and wished I'd read it earlier. It's an absorbing read that keeps me referring to Wikipedia to see how well Kay has mixed such great characters and writing with some pretty accurate history.

I've just bought the next of Kay's books set in China, on the basis of Under Heaven and if it's as good I'll be looking into more of his historical novels afterwards.

Carols by Kindlelight
Carols by Kindlelight
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars I was fortunate to get the chance to attend this concert, 12 Dec. 2014
I was fortunate to get the chance to attend this concert, and it was a wonderful evening. Annie Lennox, Alfie Boe and Laura Wright were great, Voces8 were a nice discovery as I'd not heard them before, Sol3 Mio probably stood out just for their sense of fun and bonhomie and the evening was nicely tied together by Steve Jones, who had sufficient charm to keep the audience engaged even when there was the occasional retake. The readings by MyAnna Buring were also truly Christmassy - in particular the first one. Oh, and the mince pies were nice too.

I'd like to say "thank you" to Amazon for putting on this concert and for making it available via Prime Instant Video to enjoy all over again. A different and lovely experience that I'll remember and treasure always.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 2, 2015 9:16 AM GMT

Ancillary Sword (Imperial Radch Book 2)
Ancillary Sword (Imperial Radch Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent and enjoyable sequel, 21 Oct. 2014
The second book of Breq's adventure is just as good as the first. I love the movement from being a singular being to experiencing multiple viewpoints and back, it's very clever and well done, and it adds a whole new dimension to story telling from a first person perspective.

There's less action in this book, but it does allow Breq (and to an extent Seivarden) to grow as people and, I'm guessing, to prepare for the battles I expect in the next book. I doubt this will win any of the awards that Ancillary Justice so deservedly did, but this is an excellent and enjoyable sequel.

Rolson Tools 36039 26 piece Mini Tool Kit
Rolson Tools 36039 26 piece Mini Tool Kit

1.0 out of 5 stars Really poor quality even for its low price, 21 Oct. 2014
The set turned up with dirty damaged grips over rusty and oily pliers. The "Rolson" name spray painted onto the driver handle was blown badly and everything feels incredibly cheap and as though I was the second or third owner. At this price I'd normally keep it just in case, but this is a rare occasion where I'm going to ask for a refund.
Comment Comment | Permalink

45 in 1 Precision Electron Torx Screwdriver Set,Hand Screw driver Tools Set Kit For Mobilephone DVD TV Computer
Offered by Kingway

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality for the price and useful as well, 21 Oct. 2014
The screwdriver feels solid, with a magnet strong enough for the bits to click in firmly, and the whole box is nicely designed to hold the bits in place once it's closed. There's a good range of the rarer bit types as well as some handy smaller sockets.

Time Flies - An Alternative Life in Music
Time Flies - An Alternative Life in Music

5.0 out of 5 stars Band life in Glasgow can be "interesting", 9 Aug. 2014
If you've been in a band trying to make a name for yourselves, remember the joys of music at the start of the eighties or know your way around the music scene and venues of Glasgow then this will keep you entertained.

PowerGen PGMPP6000 External Battery Pack High Capacity 6000mAh Power Bank Charger Dual USB output (w/imbedded Micro USB) for Apple iPhone 5 (Lightning Cable NOT included) iPhone 4s 4 3Gs 3G, iPod Touch, iPad 2 3/ HTC sensation, XE, XL, One X S V, Thunderbolt, Inspire 4G , EVO 3D, EVO 4G, Desire S Z HD / Samsung Galaxy S3 S2 S 2 II ACE Mini, S Advance, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7 / Motorola: Atrix 2, Droid 3 X X2 Razr Bionic, Triumph - WHITE
Offered by E-TRADING24 LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact and powerful, 29 Jun. 2013
I have a HTC One X, which doesn't have a removable battery and sometimes (if I'm using it heavily or as a camera) it won't last the day, so I bought one of these. Firstly I was surprised at how small, light and well built the unit itself was - about the size of a harmonica and not much heavier. Then I actually used it to charge my phone and my works Nokia at the same time when travelling, and it charged them both in excellent time and still had about a quarter charge left. I was very pleased with the speed and capacity of this charger.

If you're going to be away from convenient power sources for any length of time then I'd highly recommend it. I keep mine in the car now, and make sure I pack it when travelling.

Page: 1 | 2