Profile for Andrew Mac > Reviews

Andrew Mac

Revellutions 1:18 Scale RC Blue Mantis Buggy
Revellutions 1:18 Scale RC Blue Mantis Buggy

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing Lifespan, 16 April 2014
A flame wing and Blue Mantis Buggy was bought for my only son's 5th birthday. It has taken him a while to get used to it and has over the last 6 months spent most of the time gathering dust. It has only had three charges, the most recent two days ago. Whilst testing an obstacle course set up in the garden today, it took a bit of a knock as would be expected and it has failed to work, sounding its alarm as if it has lost connection to the controller has failed. It has been turned off and on, batteries removed and reinstated and turned on, with no success.

As it is over Amazon's 30 day return policy, it is ready to make the journey to the recycling centre as I have no skills in attempting to open and repair. Cost of use per charge has therefore been approximately £13, so on an assumption that have been able to get up to an hour's play time on each charge it has been a £10/hr charge.

Bargain if you are only prepared to use it for a brief period to test before upgrading to a semi-pro unit, which will be more expensive, but have a lower cost of use.

Pleased to Disappointed Customer

Black Stick Spudger Tool for opening Apple Laptop iPad iPod iPhone
Black Stick Spudger Tool for opening Apple Laptop iPad iPod iPhone
Offered by BisLinks®

5.0 out of 5 stars Good tool, 18 Mar 2014
Good values product. Have used it a number of times for various PC, PA3 & mac related repairs. It does appear to be a nylon based tool and will be subjected to damage if care is not applies in use. If greater levels of force are needed, a supply if more than one may be required.

Draper 28722 Precision Screwdriver Set (31 Pieces)
Draper 28722 Precision Screwdriver Set (31 Pieces)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product at good value, 18 Mar 2014
Excellent value great precision tool.
Pros:
- good selection of bits, Not sure will ever need all bits but is a good addition to another set.
- handy storage case
Cons:
- magnet does not always hold onto screws.
Other: The bits can be problematic to get out of and reinsert into the storage case. I did however find that this was a lot easier the end of the bit holder to pry out or insert is used.

NuGuard KX Case for iPhone 5 - Colour Midnight. Military spec certified protection in a slim, comfortable, functional case design
Offered by Beta Macs

4.0 out of 5 stars Great cover but not perfect., 18 Mar 2014
Superb cover for my 5s. Grips it securely, the buttons ate well made and access ports are perfectly placed with a good feel. Have dropped it a few times with no damage. Did not get 5 stars purely for the irritation of having to remove from cover every time I want to connect to a docking station and car auxiliary port and a wish list of a gel padded back so slip resistant.

JVC HAFX1X Xtreme Xplosives In Ear Canal Headphones
JVC HAFX1X Xtreme Xplosives In Ear Canal Headphones
Offered by DIGITAL-DEALS247

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value for money, 7 July 2013
I am of the opinion that for the price of these headphones, I think they punch way above their weight in comparison to other headpphones. I have had the pleasure of seinheissers and other more expensive brands, which suffer the same issues as debris covering the speak, likely ear wax or sweat that needs to be cleaned. I repeatedly break my headphones by the cables getting caught under my knee when bending down, whilst out and about or gardening. This happens at least every 6 months.

The sound, is deep and i believe has good balance that cannot be wrong for a pair that is unlikely to survive my use for very long.

Jazooli Black Tyre Tread Silicone Rubber Case Cover For iPhone 4 4S 4G
Jazooli Black Tyre Tread Silicone Rubber Case Cover For iPhone 4 4S 4G
Offered by Jazooli

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite correctly sized, 7 July 2013
I bought this cover to replace a previous silicon cover that had lost its grip and kept coming off when placing in or trying to retrieve from a pocket. I bought a similar cover for my wife, approximately 18 months back, hers is still fine, but mine appears to be too long for the phone by 2mm. Maybe it has stretched already, but time will tell.

Silverline 228525 Auger Bit 10 x 450mm
Silverline 228525 Auger Bit 10 x 450mm

5.0 out of 5 stars Good DIY'er Value, 7 July 2013
I used this item to pre drill concealed steel restraints for a timber sleeper wall. The job is done and doubtfull I will ever have use for it again. As such for small projects I think it was a "steel" and did the job for a very good price; not sure how it would have compared to a leading brand and over multiple projects.

Amazon Kindle Keyboard Leather Cover, Chocolate Brown (will only fit Kindle Keyboard)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great to give new lift to older tech, 2 May 2013
My wife stopped using her kindle and offered me the use of hers, but could not live with the pink cover, so forked out an addiitional sum for this cover, which I am very pleased with the quality of the manufacture. It would get 5 stars if it was a bit cheaper for tech that is no longer available brand new. I could have obtained a second hand kindle keyboard from ebay for a similar price.

Komputerbay 8GB (4x 2GB) DDR2 PC2-5300F 667MHz CL5 ECC Fully Buffered 2Rx4 FB-DIMM (240 PIN) w/ Heatspreaders for Apple computers

5.0 out of 5 stars New Life at a fair price, 2 May 2013
After many months of toying with the idea of increasing the RAM on my MacPro 1.1, but not being able to justify boosting the RAM at a sum boarding on the resale value of the entire workstation, I opted for trying the offering from Komputerbay and am pleased to say that my station is working a treat with greatly improved performance and reduced beach ball. I would recommend these units to any owner of a MacPro 1.1 needing to boost their RAM capacity without having to break the bank to do so.

AURAGLOW 6w LED GU10 Light Bulb, Warm White, 50w Equivalent
AURAGLOW 6w LED GU10 Light Bulb, Warm White, 50w Equivalent

4.0 out of 5 stars Go Auraglow-go, 5 Feb 2013
To anyone that has halogen down lighters fittied and are fed up with the regularity of having to replace the bulbs, but have been weary of switching to LED, read on and hopefully you will be able to make an informed decision over this product.
Some time back I chose to try an LED bulb purchased from a popular hardware store, but was bitterly disappointed, and continued buying the standard bulbs. U got fed up after having to buy new bulbs every couple of months, so decided to take the plunge in May 2012. I have now run out of my standard halogens and have bought a second Auraglow bulb for my kitchen 3wat light fitting.
I have found that Auraglow bulbs have a high enough lumen makIng it not a problem to read my recipe books etc, not like the problems I experienced with the previous LED.
It should however be noted that the design with the metal grilles / fans surrounding the diodes make the unit longer, as such will likely protrude beyond the ceiling level if fitted to down lighters. Not such an issue with my 3-way ligh fitting as I think they look pretty cool.
So far their longevity is pretty good, but whether they will last as long as they claim will have to be seen. The price however is decreasing. My first bulb was bought for £14.75, my second was £9.99.

Will get 5 stars if lasts as long as claimed