Profile for Ragtag > Reviews

Ragtag

The Ohio and Malta: The Legendary Tanker That Refused to Die
The Ohio and Malta: The Legendary Tanker That Refused to Die

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 30 Jun 2014
What an amazing story! Well written, gripping and in places sad.
How that ship survived should be made into a film!

Police, Crime & 999 - The True Story of a Front Line Officer
Police, Crime & 999 - The True Story of a Front Line Officer

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious. Funny. Buy it!, 30 Jun 2014
As a retired Police Officer I can relate to some of the hilarious stories in this book.
Tea all over my Kindle screen from the end of the introduction!!
Brilliant and very very funny.
Off to get the next in the series.

IVSO® Nexus 10 Bluetooth Keyboard Portfolio Case Cover - DETACHABLE Bluetooth Keyboard Stand Case for Google Nexus 10 (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very easy to use, 10 Jan 2014
Been using this keyboard for a few days now. Easy to set up, no problems with the keyboard, the keys are small, but what do you expect! Connects easily via BT and the battery lasts for ages in use. Great gadget.

Reflections
Reflections

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice., 10 Jan 2014
This review is from: Reflections (Audio CD)
Purchased as a present. She LOVES it! New take on some of the old stuff, mellow and still very nice listening. (And I must admit, I like it too!)

The Secret Ministry of Ag. & Fish
The Secret Ministry of Ag. & Fish

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 20 Oct 2013
I took this book on my Kindle to read on holiday. I could not put it down!
It is written in a down to earth, no nonsense way that does not hold back on the horrors of WW2.
Nonetheless, it is a gripping and informative true story about the people of the SOE.
My wife cried a couple of times when reading about some of the operatives who did not come back, and why.

A must read.

TTI TXL-446 Compact Handheld PMR 446 Radio
TTI TXL-446 Compact Handheld PMR 446 Radio
Offered by MFL Qualtech

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Radio, 11 Sep 2013
I use this for speaking to trainees when teaching them to ride motorbikes. It is easy to use, very clear, and sturdy. Best radio of the type and size on the market.

Panasonic RP-WF820EB-KFM Cordless Headphones with 100M Range and Battery Charging Stand. (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., 30 Jan 2013
I use this item to listen to music when my wife is watching soaps on the TV.
I can wander around the house with my music on, and I have not found a place where the signal fails.
It was easy to set up, and the charging pod is very easy to use and looks stylish when the headphones are on it charging.
The sound quality is very good with nice rounded bass. The padded ear pods are comfortable and fit nicely over the ear to keep sound in.

All in all, I'm a very happy owner.

Sekonda 3116 Mens Sports World Time Chronograph Leather Strap Watch
Sekonda 3116 Mens Sports World Time Chronograph Leather Strap Watch

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, but hard to read the date., 30 Aug 2011
I purchased this watch as a work watch that had an alarm. Its comfortable to wear, easy to read and set, and looks good. It's not too heavy, but is still nice and sturdy.
The only down side is that the LED date readout is almost impossible to read in anything other than strong sunlight.
It's been waterproof (so far), and keeps excellent time (as it should).
I'm quit surprised that the outer bezel does not rotate to make using the tachymeter easier to use.
All in all, a very nice purchase, and very good value.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 13, 2012 2:28 AM GMT

TeckNet® iEP386 Heavy Duty 2.1A/1A Dual-Port 6600mAh External Battery Pack and Charger for for iPad 4/3/2, iPad mini, iPhone 5/4S/4/3G, iPod Touch (1G to 5G), Android Mobilephone, Blackberry, Droid, many of other mobile phone and tablets - Black (iEP386 Heavy Duty 5V/2.1A/1A high speed charger)
Offered by Eix

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use., 19 Aug 2011
This bit of kit has saved me lots of flat battery time.
I use the unit when I'm away to recharge my mobile phone that I need for business. It's easy to use, and gives me three good phone charges from one recharge.
It's light, adaptable and keeps a charge for ages.
Tecknet have come up trumps with this one.