Profile for Piazza > Reviews

Content by Piazza

Piazza

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Divergent (Divergent Trilogy, Book 1)
Divergent (Divergent Trilogy, Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, 1 May 2016
This book is ok however, it is very similar to the hunger games which makes some of the plot too obvious. I don't know which was written first, I just know that it kind of ruined the story for me.

NETGEAR A6210-100PES AC1200 802.11AC Dual Band (300 Mbps / 867 Mbps) High Gain Wi-Fi USB 3.0 Adapter

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what is says it will do. Great!, 5 Oct. 2015
Great. I've got a Panasonic 3D TV hung on a wall and needed a wireless connection for broadband. The Panasonic dongle is stupidly expensive. Happened across a review for this one and thought for £25 I'd give it a go. It arrived, I plugged it in, and it works. Now, if only it was always that easy!

NETGEAR R8000-100UKS Nighthawk X6-AC3200 Tri-Band Wireless Gigabit Cable Router (Three Offload Processors/Dynamic QoS)

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't do what it says it will do. Not impressed., 5 Oct. 2015
Does not do the job it was purchased for. Though it says it DOES this product DOES NOT work as a Wi Fi range extender. It was purchased to place in the house towards the limit of the Wi Fi range for our Talk Talk router, to pick up that Wi Fi signal and boost it. I tried for ages to get this to work, then asked the I.T chap from the company I work for to come and look at it. He did and couldn't make it work. He researched the netgear website and found that this function had been disabled by netgear due to security issues. So, only way it will work is to be connected via a cable to the router. So, I've had to spend a day installing a network cable to run the 30 meters from the router to this unit. I bought this so I wouldn't have to do that. Very difficult to see how to contact Amazon to raise this concern with them as all routes lead to 'your return period ran out on 3rd September 2015'. I don't want to return it - but I would like some compensation for the extra costs that I've incurred as this unit doesn't do what it says it will do. I hope netgear read this and can offer something suitable.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 6, 2015 1:02 AM BST

Breville VBL096 Blend-Active Personal Blender Family Pack - White/Green
Breville VBL096 Blend-Active Personal Blender Family Pack - White/Green

5.0 out of 5 stars So far we love it - easy to use and easy to clean. Only had it a few weeks - we hope it's made to last., 14 May 2015
So far we love this. Very easy to use - very easy to clean. Very clever.

Panasonic SC-AKX18E-K 350W Mini Hi-Fi CD System with Wireless Audio Streaming (New for 2014)
Offered by SKYWISH

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks the part but these system have had their day really., 14 May 2015
These things have had their day now really - this was bought as a Christmas present for my 10 year old boy - and he loves it. It looks the part. That said, its very lightweight and the modern Bluetooth portable speakers that you pair with an I-pod etc give out far better sound.

Update June 2015 - this has no headphone socket, I knew that when I bought it. I had originally bought some Philips Bluetooth Headphones to go with it - but could not get them to pair up. I bought some different ones - same problem. Today we have called Panasonic and been advised that this unit can not be used with headphones - no socket and the Bluetooth only receives and incoming signal - will not send a signal to external devices (such as headphones). Who ever heard of one-way Bluetooth or a stereo system that could not be used with headphones.

The system isn't available any longer so this review is unlikely to help anybody - but here it is anyway.

Fossil Women's Quartz Watch Ladies Dress ES2998 with Metal Strap
Fossil Women's Quartz Watch Ladies Dress ES2998 with Metal Strap

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas present - happy daughter and really nice watch, 14 May 2015
We bought this for out 10 year old daughter as a Christmas present. She loves it and, to be fair, I'd agree - it's a really nice watch.

6 x BUNGEE STRAPS CORDS SET WITH HOOKS ELASTICATED ROPE CORD 38 INCH MULTICOLOR Fuison (TM)

1.0 out of 5 stars I'd steer clear., 14 May 2015
OK - they're cheap. But they're also toxic - whatever chemical they have been exposed to / smell of can't be good for you - gave me a headache and made me feel sick just taking out of the postal packaging. They're also not very elastic. I'd avoid.

Rolson Tools 62852 2-in-1 Tradesman Knife
Rolson Tools 62852 2-in-1 Tradesman Knife

5.0 out of 5 stars I really like it - rugged and looks great to boot!, 7 April 2015
Funny looking little tool but robustly made - fantastic value for money. Really like it.

Craghoppers Basecamp Winter-Lined Trousers - CIGAR - 36 - Short
Craghoppers Basecamp Winter-Lined Trousers - CIGAR - 36 - Short
Offered by Warwickshire Clothing

5.0 out of 5 stars Keep you snug and warm - look good - good value for money. Happy., 7 April 2015
Really comfortable. Very warm, went mountain climbing in January in Wales and kept me snug and warm. Also use them for watching my son play rugby on cold Sunday winter mornings. Very happy - good value for money.

Perfect Time Radio Controlled Garden Outdoor Wall Clock in Black - 35.5cm (14") by About Time

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Happy - nice design and always right time!, 7 April 2015
Great outdoor wall clock. It's a good size, can be seen clearly from a good 30 meters away. It's radio controlled so I put a battery in and hung it with the wrong time - next morning it had self-set to exactly the right time. Time will tell as to longevity of course.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8