Profile for TIKNIFFIN > Reviews

Content by TIKNIFFIN

TIKNIFFIN (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Kit Data and Charge Cable for iPhone 5, iPad 4, iPad Mini, iPod Touch 5th Gen and iPod Nano 7th Gen  - Black
Kit Data and Charge Cable for iPhone 5, iPad 4, iPad Mini, iPod Touch 5th Gen and iPod Nano 7th Gen - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars fell apart on first use and charging not supported, 16 Feb 2013
I used this once and the plastic sleeve came away after I removed it from the ipad. I glued it back on. The ipad then said charging not supported by this device.

Born Ready: A Harrowing Life Lost in Loneliness, Hurt, Drugs,  Crime, Depravity, Then Ultimate Salvation & Success
Born Ready: A Harrowing Life Lost in Loneliness, Hurt, Drugs, Crime, Depravity, Then Ultimate Salvation & Success
by Terry Eckersley

5.0 out of 5 stars Encouraging read, 11 Jan 2013
This honest and candid biography makes encouraging reading. It's amazing how God takes those who have been written off, and those who have written themselves off, and uses them in powerful ways. The author takes us on a journey through the crime scene ridden council estates of the 80's, into the prison system and finally into 21st century christian ministry. This is a paperback full of hope, restoration, and a testimony to God's faithfulness.
As I was privileged enough to get an early copy, I am sure this will end up a best seller in christian bookshops up and down the country, and beyond.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 1, 2013 12:30 PM BST

Bluetooth 2.1 Wireless Stereo Headphones/Headset with Noise Cancellation use with Ipad/iphone/Mobile/MP3/Laptop etc
Offered by Case Guru

4.0 out of 5 stars Value for money, 7 Jan 2013
These are cheap (I got mine for £18 including P and P). They work and the sound quality is reasonable. I use them with ipad4 and Nokia 808 pure view. They are not 'noise cancelling' as such, as that is an active system with external speakers. I have wired sennheisser's with noise cancellation and it does make a difference. However, active noise cancellation bluetooth headphones are about £250!
Basically, they appear to work, and are extremely cheap for bluetooth headphones, so I recommend them.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 11, 2013 10:21 AM GMT

New Trent Arcadia IMP38B Airbender ClamShell Keyboard Case for the iPad (4th Gen) with Retina display, NEW iPad (3rd Gen), iPad 2, Bluetooth keyboard /w matte finish compatible with the iPad (4th Gen) with Retina display, NEW iPad (3rd Gen), iPad 2: 3G, WIFI Model, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, with multi adjustable angles and removable stand (the UPGRADED VERSION of IMP39B Embassy)

1.0 out of 5 stars Lasted 3 days., 30 Nov 2012
I charged this twice. The second time it simply would not turn on. It worked a total of three days before I had to return it. A shame in some ways as the design is actually pretty good and it fits well.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 3, 2012 8:24 PM GMT

Sony XPERIA S UK Sim Free Mobile Phone (discontinued by manufacturer)
Sony XPERIA S UK Sim Free Mobile Phone (discontinued by manufacturer)

2.0 out of 5 stars Great internet use, but disappointing camera, 12 Oct 2012
I bought my Xperia S from Amazon Warehouse at a discount. I found the Android operating system very easy to use, and prefer it to the iphone's. The internet speed is quick and tethering to a laptop was impressive. The screen quality was great, until it developed yellow spots at certain temperatures and was returned to amazon.
Now for the bad news; call dropping was frequent, and a friend with the xperia s was fed up, as he was depending on it to call clients for his business. We were both on O2 who generally have a very good signal where we live.
I was disappointed with the camera too, as the quality was great in broad daylight, but quickly became noise filled and somewhat blurry indoors. Certainly was not quite as good as the iphone 4s, although that suffers from blurring indoors.
I got a refund due to the screen problem and later bought a nearly new Nokia 808. The camera is light years better, and the signal strength looks better where I live too. No sexy apps like Android, but it is worth the trade off for the camera, complete with xenon flash, which appears to be getting consistently brilliant indoor shots.
Basically, Sony need to up their game if they want to charge over £300 for a smartphone.

Nokia 808 PureView Sim Free Mobile Phone - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)
Nokia 808 PureView Sim Free Mobile Phone - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Astonishing camera, 12 Oct 2012
I was really disappointed with my xperia s camera; serious photo noise problem and only took impressive shots in natural daylight. Call dropping was frequent. I returned it as it developed the yellow spots on the screen. I bought a nearly new nokia 808 as I wanted a camera phone that could take indoor shots like a normal digital compact camera. Having used it for a few hours I am absolutely amazed with the level of detail. Noisy, blurry images are generally produced by even the best camera phones, and this blows all the competition out of the water. Nokia should make compact cameras, as the technology they have developed should have apple and sony scared. If this phone had been running Android it would have torpedoed the iphone 5 and anything else on the market. The operating system lacks many of the apps people may want, but I've managed to buy one that will sync the calender with Google calender, and my need for other apps is limited.
Basically, unless you need lot's of apps, as far as I'm concerned this is as close to the perfect camera phone as is currently available. I could've waited for the Lumia 920, but with 41 megapixels on offer, how could I resist the 808?
If Nokia can pull the windows 8 venture off, with this kind of quality product they will grab back the market.
To finish, I have to say, my experience of Nokia customer support has also been good; I bought an old n82 off ebay (still running!) years ago and the bluetooth didn't work. Nokia only needed the IMEI number and it was sent off and fixed for free in a week. It was over a year old (nokia do 2 year warranty as standard).
Forget the poor reviews, and think seriously about getting this phone, as it's the first in years that hasn't disappointed me!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 13, 2012 9:38 AM BST

Remarriage is Adultery Unless
Remarriage is Adultery Unless
by David Pawson

3.0 out of 5 stars need to complete the title, 21 July 2012
I am now 40 and realise I may meet a divorcee. I needed to straighten out in my own mind whether it was biblical to marry someone who was divorced. I respect Mr Pawson a great deal and have met him twice. However, I can summarise his views, as 'Remarriage is adultery unless the other partner is dead'. Mr Pawson does not view the Mathean exception as adultery in marriage. Rather he views it as fornication before marriage. He does not believe it is lawful to remarry, even if you're the victim of adultery. For a more balanced view, listen to one of J F MacArthur's excellent expositions on the subject.Dr MacArthur concludes that God Himself divorces Judah and Israel for adultery in Jeremiah, and therefore manifest adultery is grounds for divorce, and possible remarriage. Incidentally, John Piper also thinks that remarriage after divorce is not lawful in The Lord's eyes too.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 19, 2013 1:55 PM GMT

TeckNet® iEP380 5000mAh Dual-Port External Battery Pack and Charger for "The new iPad" the 3rd Gen ipad, iPad 2, iPad mini, iPhone 4S 4 3G, iPod Touch (1G to 5G), Android (Samsung Galaxy Note S S2, HTC Sensation EVO Thunderbolt, LG Optimus V), Blackberry (Bold curve Torch), Droid(Motorola Razr), Plus Major Tablet PCs with 5V input (Samsung, Blackberry, HTC) - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars cheap, light and effective!, 14 April 2012
Great for recharging phones and tablet computers (those that take usb charging like htc flyer). Only thing I found was it is better to charge some phones before they become completely flat as the current is insufficient to wake my nokia n82 from a complete flat battery. Otherwise a great product.

Panasonic SD-2501 WXC Automatic Breadmaker with Nut & Raisin Dispenser & Gluten Free Program, White

2.0 out of 5 stars Appalling customer service from Panasonic but Amazon really helped, 19 Mar 2012
Broke after 5 weeks use. My brother phoned Panasonic who initially claimed it was the wrong type of flour then told him to take it to a local repair shop. After one month, still not fixed! As I had ordered it in January I contacted Amazon, requesting they send a replacemenet. They apologised for the problems we had experienced with Panasonic and had already ordered a replacment to go to my brother's address within literally a few minutes of contacting them. The customer service crown must go to Amazon! Panasonic customer services leave a great deal to be desired I'm afraid.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 28, 2012 11:41 AM BST

PowerSmart [ White,Li-ion,10.80V,4400mAh ],Replacement UMPC, NetBook & MID Battery for ASUS 1001PX, Eee PC 1001, Eee PC 1101HA Series,(Fits selected models only), Compatible Part Numbers:0B20-00KC0AS, 90-OA001B9000, 90-XB0ROABT00010Q, 90-XB16OABT00100Q, 90-XB2COABT00100Q, AL31-1005, AL32-1005, PL32-1005,
Offered by online.store

5.0 out of 5 stars much better than original battery!!!, 13 Aug 2011
I bought this to extend battery life on a long flight early next year. When I was tested I was shocked; it will run more than twice as long as the original battery!!! I looked at the capacity; it is more than twice the capacity of the battery my 1001px came with. I recommend buying this and using it instead of the puny little cell that comes with the netbook.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3