Profile for Marlen > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Christmas Planner - organise the perfect Christmas for years to come
Christmas Planner - organise the perfect Christmas for years to come

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Christmas Planner, 22 Oct. 2013
I keep a little notepad each year of menus and food cooked etc. and thought this would be a nice booklet to use instead. Lots of space for writing cards and presents given and notes - I would have liked a bit more space for actual menus and recipes but otherwise good.

Bosch Power BGS52200GB Bagless Vacuum Cleaner (Old Version)
Bosch Power BGS52200GB Bagless Vacuum Cleaner (Old Version)

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK but......, 21 Oct. 2013
It does suck really well and it's a good solid blend but I find it very heavy. It's not easy on stairs as the body of the vacuum is large and heavy. Also I don't like the retractable cable mechanism - my previous cleaners have all had a button you press and the cable winds itself into the body of the vacuum - this vacuum cleaner hasn't, the idea is that you tug the cable and it will pull itself inside but I have found that this isn't always the case and I stand there pulling at it several times before it goes back.

Is it a good vacuum cleaner - definitely and it is very quiet compared to other cleaners. Would I have bought it if I knew what it was like - a huge NO - it's just feels to heavy when you are cleaning.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars very very small......, 28 Oct. 2012
I bought this item through a different seller and was expecting something the size of a small refuse sack - these bags are the size of a party bag! This seller does show a more honest photo which does show that the bag is almost the same size as a large leaf! The seller I bought through showed a picture which made them look bigger.

Certainly not big enough or good enough quality to make a decent decoration.

Kenwood FP731 Multi Pro Food Processor
Kenwood FP731 Multi Pro Food Processor
Offered by Goulds Online

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely terrible, 15 Nov. 2011
This item and the customer service I have received from Kenwood doesn't even deserve the 1 star I have had to give inorder to post my review. My first Kenwood Food Processor FP730 stopped working within 2 weeks and was replaced by Amazon. Less than one year later the replacement stopped working. I bought the food processor through Amazon UK but had it shipped to another EU country and I am now in a position where Kenwood have said that I am not covered with their guarantee as it is no-longer in the UK but they told me that the Kenwood agent in the country I am in will help me. The Kenwood Head Agent in the other EU country is telling me that they are not liable as I did not buy it from them.

So I am now without any food processor. Saying that, even when this food processor worked I wasn't impressed and it seemed very flimsy and not very sturdy. On the first model I had sent to me from Amazon the area where the plastic mixing bowl fits onto the base completed cracked off. On the second model it has broken in the same area again with the starter button breaking off and falling into the main machinery in the base. I had a Magimix for years and thought this seemed good value but I won't be purchasing anything Kenwood again, as apart from the same model food processor breaking twice in one year, the customer service is appalling.

Kenwood Multi Pro FP730 Food Processor, White
Kenwood Multi Pro FP730 Food Processor, White

1.0 out of 5 stars TERRIBLE PRODUCT - DON'T BUY, 27 Sept. 2011
I ordered this Kenwood Food Processor from Amazon last Spring (2010). I thought it didn't look very sturdy when I first took it out of the packaging and within a few weeks the motor unit where the bowl clicks on to the motor had snapped completely and was unusable. As I wasn't impressed with this item at all, I asked Amazon if I could send it back and replace it with a different model and I would pay any difference. Unfortunately, I wasn't given this option. I was sent another one exactly the same and within a year, with hardly any use, it has stopped working and you can hear something rattling around in the motor.

Terrible product. I used to have a Magimix - more expensive but still going after many years. I wouldn't even given this product one star only it appears you have to give at least one for Amazon to print the review.

Wagamama Cookbook and DVD
Wagamama Cookbook and DVD
by Hugo Arnold

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Tasty Noodles, 6 April 2011
I decided to buy this book recently after visiting Wagamama's restaurant and deciding that I would like to make more noodle dishes at home. I have now made one noodle dish and it was really good - the whole family enjoyed it. I did make the longer version vegetable stock which didn't take at all long to prepare, it just takes a long time to simmer. This was well worth it and the soup stock which resulted for the recipe was delicious and everyone commented on how good the soup base tasted.

I will definitely be trying more recipes soon - the only thing is I will need to go to a Chinese supermarket to get some of the ingredients as I don't think I will get them from a normal supermarket.

The Curry Secret: How to Cook Real Indian Restaurant Meals at Home
The Curry Secret: How to Cook Real Indian Restaurant Meals at Home
by Kris Dhillon

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tasting food - best curry recipe book I own, 6 April 2011
I have had this book for a very long time - I used it for the first time years ago and due to shortage of time, I cut a few corners in the recipe stages and although the curries came out tasting good, they weren't that brilliant and so it went on the book shelf with the mounds of other cook books I have. After reading the brilliant reviews it has got recently, I decided to give it another go and the results were amazing. I did quite a few of the recipes and they were all delicious, even better than the curries we get from our favourite curry restaurant. The difference was that this time I followed the recipes exactly. The basic curry sauce isn't difficult but it does take time and with it having 3 different stages you may feel you can cut out a step which is what I did the first time I did it. DON'T - follow the recipe exactly as it is written and then the curries you make from it are delicious. I made the onion bhajis (great), Chicken Tikka Masala (wonderful, everyones's favourite), Makhani (lovely) Pillau Rice (really good and it looks sensational when you present it with all the different coloured rice). I did have one failure - I tried to make the panir cheese and it was a total flop! I have made it before using a different recipe and it worked, so I'm not sure if it was the recipe and perhaps lack of instructions this book gives that meant it didn't work or the fact that after making all the different dishes I was tired and just didn't follow the recipe precisely enough. With having to make the basic curry sauce, I did end up spending a very long time in the kitchen before the final meal was ready but I decided to make twice the quantity of basic curry sauce and so now that I have lots of it frozen and ready in my freezer, it should be very quick to rustle up one of the curry recipes from this book next time.

I would highly recommend this book.

My Magical Book of Christmas Tales
My Magical Book of Christmas Tales
by Susanna Lockheart

5.0 out of 5 stars A Beautiful Book, 5 Nov. 2009
I have just bought this book from a shop and ended up paying much more than if I had bought it from Amazon but it is so beautiful I just had to get it straight away. The pictures are absolutely beautiful, the book is very well made (I thought it was actually a good price at the rrp) and it's the type of book that can be kept and bought out every Christmas as it is so lovely and really makes Christmas the magical time of year it should be.

I have bought it for my very young nephew and I think it would be suitable for children of most ages.

Logitech Squeezebox Boom
Logitech Squeezebox Boom

5.0 out of 5 stars What is the range for this?, 20 July 2009
We already have the Squeezebox which we think is great. I'm looking at getting the Boombox so that we can listen to our music in the garden - can anyone tell me what the range is for this device?

Thanks

Archos 605 Wi-Fi Portable MP3 / Video Player 80GB
Archos 605 Wi-Fi Portable MP3 / Video Player 80GB

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks an excellent product but be warned ..... you have to fork out more before it does everything an MP3/4 should!, 16 Mar. 2009
I was looking for an MP3/4 player, and after doing lots of research, and reading how good everyone thinks the Archos 605 Wifi is, I decided to buy it as a present for my partner. As we have only had it 3 days and are in the midst of loading it with films, music, etc. we haven't really had a chance to see just how good it is, but from what we have sampled it seems really good, the DVD playback quality is visually brilliant and for someone who likes gadgets - it will keep them quiet for hours as they play around with it.

So far, the only gripe we have is how basic it is out the box and how much you have to spend inorder to get it to play back DVD's etc. Not being very good at understanding these things, I have found the information written about it very confusing as what to expect from it out of the box. I thought it would play back DVD's and music as standard but it doesn't. So be warned, if you are buying it as a present you will have to spend more money on plug-ins etc to get it to its full glory. Saying that, the plug-ins aren't that expensive, I would have preferred it though if it had come with these plug-ins in a package and I would have just paid a bit more initially.

Saying that, would I buy it again. Definitely. Although we have only had it three days, the build quality is good and sturdy. It looks nice although it does feel heavy (not the normal MP4 weight) and the DVD playback quality is brilliant.

Page: 1 | 2