Profile for Paul Featherstone > Reviews

Paul Featherstone (England)

O Superman
O Superman

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!!, 8 Nov. 2013
This review is from: O Superman (MP3 Download)
This song may be more than 30 years old but what a song!! I remember the song coming out in England but I bought the record in Chicago from this cool indie shop. Hope the record store os still there!

Premier AV HF0042 Plasma & LCD Glass Stand with Cable Management (Black)
Premier AV HF0042 Plasma & LCD Glass Stand with Cable Management (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive TV Stand!!!, 26 Feb. 2012
I bought this tv stand last week for my new Panasonic 42" plasma tv as all the customer reviews seemed quite positive about it. I am not the most industrious when it comes to doing DIY (even flat packs) around the house but but everything around the tv fell into my domain so I had no choice but assemble the stand myself.

So after everyone had gone to bed I moved everything to one side and made some space. The stand is very well packaged and I needed a pair of scissors to help me cut through the packaging...this is not a complaint though as I would rather spend more time cutting through the packaging and finding everything in perfect condition, rather than having to phone Amazon to complain something was missing or that the glass was cracked.

Like one of the previous reviewers mentioned, you do not even need a screw-driver as everything is supplied. I thought the instructions could have been a little bit better (especially regarding the cable management) as all you get is some diagrams with arrows pointing to where each piece is connected. Having said all that, whenever I got a bit stuck I would just sit down..have a few minutes rest and then look at the diagrams again to see what I had missed.

Anyway, after about an hour (I think) I finished assembling the stand and I feel really pleased with what I have done...all my family think it is perfect as it looks so cool and matches our Panasonic tv.

If you are looking for a television stand for your new tv, I would definitely recommend this unit wholeheartedly!!!

Tuff-Luv Leather Case Cover for Cowon X7 - Black
Tuff-Luv Leather Case Cover for Cowon X7 - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal Case For The Cowon X7!!, 20 Jan. 2012
I believe in buying the best protective case available and after spending £200 on my X7 why skimp a few pounds on the quality of a good case. The case is made from hard wearing leather and after fitting my X7 in the case it felt very snug and safe. I had no problem accessing the volume and power buttons, and connecting the usb, earphone jack or the power socket was as easy as 1..2..3..!! A nice touch from Tuff-Luv is that they have put a peg on the back so if you are watching movies you can tilt your X7 on your desk. I was a bit disappointed that my case did not come with the belt clip but having said that I feel it is a bit big for connecting to your belt; and mine fits well in my shirt pocket.
A well made case and the best case out there...well worth the money!!!

Cowon X7 120GB Portable Media Player - Black
Cowon X7 120GB Portable Media Player - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Cowon X7, 17 Jan. 2012
I own a Cowon S9 and have been looking for a while on an upgrade and I have not been disappointed in the X7. The first thing which hit me when it arrived was how chunky it is. My Cowon S9 was the size of a cigerette packet and I could easily hook it onto my my belt; but with the X7 it is more like the size of my Galaxy S but thicker...yes "chunkier" as everybody is saying. I have no complaints, it just means I have to re-think were I carry my mp3 player on myself. It is too heavy in my opinion to strap to my belt and my trouser pockets will not accomadate the X7 and everything else I carry in my pockets...so I carry my X7 in my shirt pocket which seems quite safe.

I basically use my mp3 player to play my music files so although I am sure all the other features like a video player and fm radio are quite useful, my review is soully on the music player. I have had the player for about a week and although I was a bit lost with all the buttons at first...after a couple of hours of experimenting and referring to the manual I got the X7 to act like my old S9. Something which I found quite annoying was the new sleep mode which because of the battery life that you do not really need to switch the player off but when sleep mode is turned on you can not tell whether the X7 has just gone into sleep mode or has actually turned itself off when you press the power button...my solution was just to turn the sleep mode off.

The battery life is really good because in effect you get like a weeks charge which miles better than any of the competition but the main reason I bought the X7 is because Cowon make good mp3 players. If you are anything like me and are something of an audiophile, I would definitely suggest you put any of the Cowon mp3 players on your short list. There are too many features to mention in this review but for example you can tailor how you listen to your music through BBE and Jet Audio software...as for me I usually like my music "clean" so I left all the controls alone.

On the whole, this review may seem a little negative but like anything new, you have to get to know all its features. Now I love my X7 as much as I used to love my S9!!

Creative ZEN Vision:M 30GB MP3 / Multi-Media Player - Black††
Creative ZEN Vision:M 30GB MP3 / Multi-Media Player - Black††

5.0 out of 5 stars Creative Zen Vision:M, 6 April 2006
I have been pondering an up-grade route after the mp3 player on my mobile phone was not what I was expecting. I narrowed my choices down to either the Apple iPod, the Sony NWA3000B and the Creative Zen Vision:M. I really was tempted by the Sony model but everyone seems to be saying that they are having problems with the software. So it seemed a straight choice between the iPod and the Creative - Apple the market leaders against Creative going for the mp3 crown. For me it came down to reading the customer reviews on Amazon, and I can say I was not disappointed when I chose the Creative model even though it is £30.00 more.
I opened the box after it had arrived and the mp3 player is about the size of a calculator and seems heavier than I expected. After charging it up and installing the software everything seems a breeze as I register with Creative and get down to ripping some of my cds. The Creative Zen Vision:M comes with two computer programs, Creative Media Explorer and Creative Media Source. Creative Media Source seems very similar to Windows Media Player; but I am using the Creative Media Explorer program for everything at the moment as it seems very simple to use.
There are lots of things on the Creative which I have not even discovered yet because I know it has a fm radio and you can also save photos and videos, aswell as audio tracks in various formats. I love my music and bought the Creative basically so I could store my cds as I can store up to a whopping 15000 tracks on this mp3 player. So if you are a music lover I would definitely suggest you put the Creaive Zen on your short list.