Profile for Norman R > Reviews

Content by Norman R

Norman R

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Invision® iPad 2 3 & 4 Smart Case Cover - Front and Back Protection With Magnetic Auto Wake/Sleep Function - Superior Design Features - Premium Quality PU Leather With Microfiber Inner Lining - Independently Recommended by "Which?" Magazine (iPad 2 3 4 Cover Green)
Offered by Invision Technology (UK) Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars My old Apple Smart Case had become very scruffy and looked like it ..., 18 May 2015
My old Apple Smart Case had become very scruffy and looked like it would fall apart any day. Ordered this as a replacement. It looks and feels like a good quality case. It's slightly less flexible than the original Apple product and doesn't snap shut as positively as the old one, but it's more attractive and great value at its current price.

A and W Diet Root Beer 355 ml (Pack of 6)
A and W Diet Root Beer 355 ml (Pack of 6)
Offered by Jag Stores

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tasting diet drink, 6 Oct. 2014
You either love root beer or hate it. This version has the typical mild medicinal aroma with a strong hint of vanilla. It's not overly fizzy and even better, not as sweet as many diet drinks. One of the best sugar-free soft drinks I've tasted.

Audio Technica AT120E Moving Magnet Cartridge
Audio Technica AT120E Moving Magnet Cartridge

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice-sounding cartridge, 6 Oct. 2014
Bought this to replace an old Ortofon cartridge. The AT 120E tracks well and produces a clean, undistorted and musical sound. Tried playing an album that was in visibly worn condition and the music was reproduced beautifully with no audible clicks or groove wear.

Thin Matt Black Ready Made Picture Frame, 35 x 50cm
Thin Matt Black Ready Made Picture Frame, 35 x 50cm
Offered by My Frame

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality and good value, 6 Oct. 2014
Ideal for framing smaller pictures and posters, the frame looks smart and feels solid.

Athena Thin Satin Black Picture Frame, 50 x 70 cm,
Athena Thin Satin Black Picture Frame, 50 x 70 cm,
Offered by My Frame

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality and good value, 6 Oct. 2014
The frame is lightweight so easy to hang on a wall. Bought two to frame some exhibition posters and they are ideal for the purpose. Would buy again.

Plackers Right Angle, 60 ea
Plackers Right Angle, 60 ea
Offered by Wholesale UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the older version - yet much more expensive, 6 Mar. 2014
My dentist recommended flossers as I have closely-spaced teeth and ordinary floss is hard to use. I bought a pack of right-angle Plackers in the supermarket and found they were exactly what I needed, but it seems the right-angle ones are no longer available in supermarkets. So I ordered these from Amazon.

They feel different from the other version: the floss doesn't seem as strong and the plastic body feels softer and bends a lot more. Maybe they are better for people with very regular-spaced teeth but I find them harder to use. Annoying - the older version was really effective.

Community - Season 4 [DVD]
Community - Season 4 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Joel McHale
Offered by Door2DoorEnt

2.0 out of 5 stars Just not funny enough, 26 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Community - Season 4 [DVD] (DVD)
I was hooked on Community from the first episode of the first season. When things got weird I loved it because it wasn't just weirdness for its own sake, it was comedy that pushed the boundaries of the format but still stayed funny. Until this season. For the first time there are whole episodes without a laugh. Worse, the whole season is oppressively mawkish in tone; upbeat comedy is replaced by sentimentality to the extent that the characters are no longer the ones we knew and loved, but lifeless pastiches of their former selves. I forced myself to watch the whole season, but will never watch it again.

Mercy, Mercy, Mercy: Live at T [VINYL]
Mercy, Mercy, Mercy: Live at T [VINYL]
Offered by FastMedia "Ships From USA"

3.0 out of 5 stars Great music but not so sure about this reissue, 17 Feb. 2014
I bought this after hearing the title track and seeing the album recommended as one of the albums you should own on vinyl. I can't fault the music but this reissue doesn't have the warmth, involvement and musicality that I would associate with vinyl. It's quite quiet compared with some older albums I own, yet also brighter than older LPs, resulting in a slightly thin sound that doesn't do justice to the music. I'd be very interested to hear how it compares with an original copy.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars A good shave but not perfect, 5 Dec. 2013
My first doubled edge razor and I'm still not sure I'm getting the best results. Generally it gives a very smooth shave, but there are a few places where no matter how carefully I shave there's still a hint of stubble: below the nose and below the jawline, for example. The worst problem for me is that I cut myself regularly; not shaving, but dismantling and assembling the razor before and after cleaning and drying it. My fingers slip on the smooth metal and catch the blade. Maybe I'm too clumsy for this razor.

Heavy Duty Clothes Rail Garment Rail 3ft Long x 5ft High SUPERIOR QUALITY
Heavy Duty Clothes Rail Garment Rail 3ft Long x 5ft High SUPERIOR QUALITY
Offered by The Shopfitting Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect storage solution, 5 Dec. 2013
Our last wardrobe fell apart and we couldn't find a new one we liked at an affordable price. This garment rail looks smart and keeps clothes neat and tidy. It was simple to assemble, though it required a bit of brute force to join the top to the sides. It does feel very solid.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3