Profile for Chris > Reviews

Content by Chris

Chris

Black's Student Veterinary Dictionary (Black's Veterinary Dictionary)
Black's Student Veterinary Dictionary (Black's Veterinary Dictionary)
by Edward Boden

2.0 out of 5 stars Lacking for Vets..., 28 April 2011
I've had this dictionary for quite a while and have constantly been let down when I look up a word to find its missing. Basic things like coronoid, fossa, tubercule, sulcrus, gyrs etc are all missing.

I have since donated my copy to the library and got the Saunders Comprehensive Dictionary which has for my revision periods been living on the arm of my sofa as I use it so much! It's a larger book, but I've yet to find a veterinary word that it is lacking!

York Fitness Cast Iron Dumbbell Set and Case - Black, 20 Kg
York Fitness Cast Iron Dumbbell Set and Case - Black, 20 Kg

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT ORDER THESE FROM AMAZON, 11 Jan. 2011
I ordered a set of these for Christmas, they turned up on the 24th December a week late with the top of the case smashed to pieces, I refused delivery and returned them.
I called Amazon who sent out a replacement, these were due to be delivered on the 30th December, it is now the 10th January and i've spoken to City-Link who have not even bothered to attempt delivery as these have been damaged in the same way as the first set.

I am gutted that Christmas present was ruined, it made me look bad, and has caused me no end of hassle!

Don't be tempted, you can get a set of these around this price on the high street, it's not worth the hassle!
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 28, 2011 3:44 PM GMT

Color Atlas of Small Animal Anatomy: The Essentials (Essentials (Blackwell))
Color Atlas of Small Animal Anatomy: The Essentials (Essentials (Blackwell))
by Thomas O. McCracken

1.0 out of 5 stars I sent it back..., 5 Dec. 2010
I brought this as I thought it would help me with learning the Anatomy. I was sadly mistaken as even though the imagery was stunning, very little was original and most was borrowed from other text books.

If you want to learn anatomy fast, I would recommend Saunders Veterinary Anatomy Flash Cards.

Saunders Veterinary Terminology Flash Cards, 1e
Saunders Veterinary Terminology Flash Cards, 1e
by SAUNDERS
Edition: Cards

4.0 out of 5 stars Since I've brought this..., 5 Dec. 2010
I've been using a dictionary to look up the meaning of words less, and when in lecture have found it easier to follow.

I hate revising, yet have memorised the prefixes and suffixes which consist of around 145 of the cards, however I do find it slow going grabbing a pile and working through them whilst watching tv works.

However I would argue as to these being portable as the box is a healthy size and does weigh in a bit.

Saunders Veterinary Anatomy Flash Cards, 1e
Saunders Veterinary Anatomy Flash Cards, 1e
by SAUNDERS
Edition: Cards

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional Quality, 16 Nov. 2010
The description lacked detail so I was aprehensive about spending money on this, however I absolutely love it. Here is what it says on the box:

This covers dogs, cats, horses, pigs, cows, birds and goats split into:

Head and Ventral Neck - 83 Cards
The Neck, Back and Vertebral Column - 16 Cards
The Thorax - 44 Cards
The Abdomen - 56 Cards
The Pelvis and Reproductive Organs - 42 Cards
The Forelimb - 73 Cards
The Hindlimb - 46 Cards

The set is presented well, however due to the weight and size I wouldn't class it as portable. The images are clear and go into full detail.

Climbing Games
Climbing Games
by Paul Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars A little inspiration.., 27 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Climbing Games (Paperback)
The most rewarding part of instructing is seeing improvement, and after using just 3 of the games in the book with various climbers they have all improved dramatically.

You can always add your own twist to the games, or even combine two or three into one.