Profile for K. Tajalli > Reviews

Content by K. Tajalli

K. Tajalli

Page: 1 | 2
5m Loud Speaker Cable OFC Oxygen Free Copper 5mm 521 strand Studio Grade by ASCL

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as it gets, 15 Feb 2014
Well it is not an expensive item, but there is nothing short in terms of quality.
Thin strands, thick enough for audiophile speakers, flexible sheath - looks good too.
What more is there?

FiiO E18 portable Headphone Amplifier & DAC
FiiO E18 portable Headphone Amplifier & DAC
Offered by EA Audio

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product - Major flaw!, 4 Jan 2014
First of all, it is a good basic device, no gimmicks, but no facilities either! sound is the best in Fiio range, specially bass definition and power, can even drive my Beyer 600 Ohm headphones. It also works flawlessly with my Samsung NoteII phone, when Fiio E07K never did!
HOWEVER!
it has a major flaw. Some bright spark at Fiio decided that a 2 inch USB cable is all you need to connect the device to your phone!
What The F***!
E18 even has remote buttons for next track, last track , play/Pause (which do work). what's the use when the phone is only 2 inches away??
You can not handle either device (phone or Amp) in such close proximity of each other. Fiio's wonderful suggestion, strap the two together!
I don't want a strap in the middle of my touch screen - does anybody?
Until or unless Fiio comes up with a three foot cable, to allow me to put my phone in one pocket and the amp in my shirt pocket, where I can get to it, listen to my music, and have basic control over my tracks, this device is impractical as a mobile device.
It is only good for connecting to a laptop or a PC.
UPDATE!!
I searched hi/lo for a suitable cable, but there's none, so I mickey-moused one myself, using a slim MicroB cable ( Lindy 31619 - Retractable USB 2.0 Cable )soldered to a standard OTG cable (to keep things small), and it works! total cost: less than a tenner.
Come on Fiio! you can do better. or maybe, their agents could save face, and have some professionally made.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 15, 2014 7:44 PM BST

Fone-Stuff Samsung Galaxy Note 2 + LTE N7100 / N7105 0.3mm New Naked Ultra Thin Extra Slim Skin Flexible Barely Noticeable There Case Black
Offered by Fone Stuff

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as they come., 24 Dec 2013
They are thin, but durable!
not suitable for constantly inserting, and un inserting. They are not rubbery.
Can't get better.

Samsung 8GB Class 4 UHS-1 Grade 0 48MB/s MicroSDHC Plus Memory Card without Adapter

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast SD card, 24 Dec 2013
These Samsung SD cards are the fastest on the market,
About 50MB/s read speed (only achievable through USB3).
but beware of fakes!
this one was genuine.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars the sturdiest I have found!, 24 Dec 2013
for new large smart phones (i.e. heavy!) you need a sturdy mount to stop them from shaking, while going over bumps, otherwise they drop.
Though not sturdy enough by any means, the rest of mounts I have tried were worse.
So for the money, you can not find better - I use a smaller suction cap sewn into the top of the bracket, fixed to the window, to give it the extra oomph it needs.

Ypa C4T-2 Adapter Convert DPA Microphone to Audio Technica Bodypack Transmitter Microdot to Hirose 4 pin
Offered by jackmicrophones

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, as good as DPA original, 24 Dec 2013
Although it is cheaper than DPA, but still it is too expensive for such a simple connector!
but what choice do you have?

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice gloves but in Chinese sizes!, 24 Dec 2013
Good material, soft leather, and good liner. Touch action is reasonable, but not perfect.
It took a fair time to arrive from China! and ofcourse it is in Chinese sizes, meaning small!
Order one size bigger than you need, my hands are not big, and I find large gloves made in Europe to fit me just right, or slightly loose.
I ordered Large, but I really got medium (although it says large on the gloves). wish I had ordered extra large!
had I known, I was buying from China, I probably would not have ordered. By the time I get them replaced, winter is over.
Ken

CLiPtec All-in-One Multi Card Reader - Blue
CLiPtec All-in-One Multi Card Reader - Blue
Offered by ExpressPro

4.0 out of 5 stars hit and miss., 28 Aug 2013
Don't know, if it is my computer or it is this device.
It works fine with USB2, but sometimes works under USB3, and sometimes not.
Checked it on two different computers, with similar results.

LINDY 1m USB OTG Type Micro B to Mini B Cable - Black
LINDY 1m USB OTG Type Micro B to Mini B Cable - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars does not work!, 28 Aug 2013
at least for me.
Purchased it to connect my extarnal DAC to my Galaxy Note II, but it was a no go.

Samsung 64GB Class 10 UHS-1 Grade 1 70MB/s MicroSDXC Pro Memory Card without Adapter
Offered by Digital Media Source

5.0 out of 5 stars finally a quality product!, 28 Aug 2013
Writing speed as quoted or better, reading speed around 55 to 60MB/s.
No problems, good quality.
As good as you hope to get.

Page: 1 | 2