Profile for K. Kirkham > Reviews

Content by K. Kirkham

K. Kirkham "sports book lover" (England)

Rangers I.C.F.
Rangers I.C.F.
by Davey Carrick

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best and not the worst, 7 Jan. 2007
This review is from: Rangers I.C.F. (Hardcover)
This book took me just under a week to read and have to say that it may not be the best book I have ever read on football hooliganism it certainly isn't the worst.

What let it down was that I was expecting a book about the infamous Rangers ICF but what I got was a book about the ICF and many other hooligan firms both in Scotland and England.

I think that if the Authors had kept to the subject of the Rangers ICF then I would have had more pages in my morning paper.

What also let it down was the fact that I have read Hoolifan by Martin King,the co-author and really enjoyed his work on that book so was preety dissapointed by this effort.

Back Home: England And The 1970 World Cup
Back Home: England And The 1970 World Cup
by Jeff Dawson

4.0 out of 5 stars The Ultimate Story Of A World Cup, 15 Dec. 2002
Anybody who wants to read about the up's and down's of a World Cup campaign should definitely read this book.It tells the tale of the epic battle against Brazil and also tells the story about that bracelet incident in Colombia.
It tells how the team was relaxing in an hotel when the Colombian police came and took Bobby Moore away for questioning with regards to the bracelet and it tells how Bobby was set up by the Colombians and how he has never had his name cleared or how the Colombians have never apologised to either Bobby,his family or the England team.
It also tells how once the World Cup was over it was back to normal ie:mowing the lawn and Wimbledon was on the telly.
Definitely a book for Football lovers of all ages.

Dixie Dean: The Inside Story of a Football Icon
Dixie Dean: The Inside Story of a Football Icon
by John Keith

4.0 out of 5 stars The ultimate No 9, 15 Dec. 2002
I have just finished reading this book,which took me 3 sittings and found it highly informative.Having read Geoff Hurst's autobiography earlier this year i was looking forward to reading this book about Everton's No 1 son but found it at times a little disappointing as it tended to, at times distract from the subject and chose to talk about other players which i found a little irratating but never the less it was a book which told me a lot about the greatest centre forward ever.
This is the first review i have ever submitted so it is a little rusty.