Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Listen in Prime Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now
Profile for AD > Reviews

Content by AD

AD (West Yorkshire)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Stone Song: The Isle of Destiny Series
Stone Song: The Isle of Destiny Series

3.0 out of 5 stars A good start to the new series but..., 6 Jun. 2016
I have read ( and loved) the Grace's cove series, but what is going on with the over the top irish speech in this book? I am half irish and none of my extensive irish family speaks like that. It was annoying and distracting and if I read one more 'aye' I might have had to give up on this book completely, which would be a shame as I was enjoying the characters and the plot. It's not as good as the Grace's cove series yet, but I get there was a lot of background to get in so the others will hopefully benefit from this....but please give up on the irish caricature.

Three and a Half Minutes
Three and a Half Minutes

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 26 May 2016
I enjoyed this book ...until about three quarters of the way in. The parallel plot of the espionage angle added something different to the usual romance. But once the two main characters got together the spy plot and spies just disappeared! No resolution, no explanation just very far fetched jumps to tie up the story like the author was in a hurry to finish. I have read other books by this author and thoroughly enjoyed them, this was a big disappointment.

Busy Town (Toddler Talkabout)
Busy Town (Toddler Talkabout)
by Lorraine Horsley

5.0 out of 5 stars My kids loved., 31 Oct. 2015
Brilliant, bought two of these.

Busy Tractor [Ladybird Books]
Busy Tractor [Ladybird Books]
by Jillian Harker

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for handbags., 31 Oct. 2015
Love these.

Splat the Cat: What Was That?
Splat the Cat: What Was That?
by Rob Scotton

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok as a Halloween treat, but not a classic., 31 Oct. 2015
Almost 3 year old nephew liked it, but I thought the flaps too big, open when you turn the page so spoil the surprise, basically another page glued to each page.

Disney Traditions ZZZZZ Sleepy Figure
Disney Traditions ZZZZZ Sleepy Figure

5.0 out of 5 stars Great detail, 31 Oct. 2015
Very cute and detailed as ever.

Disney Toy Story Girls Jessie Pyjamas Age 5 to 6 Years
Disney Toy Story Girls Jessie Pyjamas Age 5 to 6 Years
Offered by Character UK

5.0 out of 5 stars My niece loves them., 31 Oct. 2015
My niece loves them, her mum seriously thinking of another identical pair so she can get the ones I bought in the wash!

The Perfect Hope: Number 3 in series (The Inn at Boonsboro Trilogy)
The Perfect Hope: Number 3 in series (The Inn at Boonsboro Trilogy)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 13 Jun. 2015
The first book of this trilogy sat on my kindle for months before I got around to reading it...then read all three within a week! If I'd they were so amazing I would not have waited. I have never been a lover of ghost stories but who could not love lizzy as she learns to love and trust the family who have brought her home back to life? I laughed, I cried, the characters are whole and believable as are the relationships between them, especially Hope,Avery and Clare. I will be buying more by this author immediately.

Filthy Beautiful Love: Volume 2 (Filthy Beautiful Lies)
Filthy Beautiful Love: Volume 2 (Filthy Beautiful Lies)
by Kendall Ryan

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, but should be one book., 26 Oct. 2014
I really enjoyed both these books, you really felt for the characters, however the double spacing was annoying...just a way to spread what should have been one book into two

Persuasive Writing for Ages 9-11 (Writing Guides)
Persuasive Writing for Ages 9-11 (Writing Guides)
by Catherine Baker

5.0 out of 5 stars A good starting point, 5 Mar. 2013
I used this with a year 5 class and it was good to dip into for models and/or activities to use with the class.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4