Profile for A. Lee > Reviews

A. Lee (UK)

5 Star Laminating Pouches 250 Micron (2x125) for A4 Glossy [Pack of 100]
5 Star Laminating Pouches 250 Micron (2x125) for A4 Glossy [Pack of 100]

3.0 out of 5 stars No box?, 22 Oct. 2014
Pros: The pouches seem decent enough and does what it should do.
Cons: It arrived just as a packet of pouches - there was no box or brand or label. This did not particularly fill me with confidence. I had to go back through my emails to remind myself what micron thickness they were, as there was no label or box to tell me. Also, some of the edges were round, some of the edges were sharp - there didn't seem to be consistency.
Overall: Well, it's okay and laminates, but the (lack of) packaging is a bit odd.

The Gift of Rain
The Gift of Rain
by Twan Eng Tan

5.0 out of 5 stars Absorbing, 16 May 2009
This review is from: The Gift of Rain (Paperback)
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Once I started, I could not put it down. It blends history, drama, nostalgia, martial arts and suspense all into one volume.

My China: Stories and recipes from my homeland
My China: Stories and recipes from my homeland
by Kylie Kwong

5.0 out of 5 stars Tasty and simple recipes, 4 Feb. 2009
I bought this book just to look at the pretty pictures but started cooking a few recipes out of pure curiosity. A lot of them simply don't look like they'll be particularly tasty as they have very simple ingredients (and in some cases, very little meat). How wrong I was. I have randomly cooked about several of her recipes now and they are all delicious. To the reviewer who thinks that they will all taste the same - they certainly don't, even if it looks like they might. I can't wait to keep cooking my way through the book.

Songs From The Sparkle Lounge
Songs From The Sparkle Lounge

5.0 out of 5 stars Rock on!, 12 May 2008
It's good to hear new material from Def Leppard and they certainly do not disappoint. It's somewhat heavier than either X or Euphoria with only one ballad, but that's certainly no bad thing. My favourite track on the album is "Tomorrow".

The Silent Traveller in Edinburgh
The Silent Traveller in Edinburgh
by Yee Chiang

5.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable read, 28 Aug. 2007
I enjoyed this book immensely. Amazingly, the modern reader will recognise most of the places he mentions in 1940s Edinburgh. If there are any differences, it makes the book all the more interesting. The sketches and pictures are beautiful and he makes you see Edinburgh through his eyes.

Understanding Exposure: How to Shoot Great Photographs with a Film or Digital Camera
by Bryan Peterson

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for a beginner wanting to learn more, 13 July 2007
I bought this book over a year ago and still recommend it to friends who want to understand exposure a little better. This book is excellent for anyone wanting to switch from "dummy automatic modes" on their SLR/dSLR cameras to the more creative manual modes. I found his explanations very clear and easy to follow. More advanced users may find it a little too basic, but it's the best book out there for beginners.