Profile for Manni Menke > Reviews

My Family - Series 11 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Robert Lindsay
Offered by Helgy

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favourite (Family), 24 Oct 2011
This review is from: My Family - Series 11 [DVD] (DVD)
I'm possibly the biggest "My Family" fan in Germany and I just finished the last episode of the last season. I usually hate last episodes because they leave me sad or feeling empty. But not here. The reason is simple: There is no ending. It ends as if season 12 would come as natural as the sun rotates around the Earth. ;-) I really liked that everything stays open: The Harper life continues with business as usual. Nothing changes. Only, we won't get to see it anymore. Much better than selling the house, moving away, quitting jobs, someone dying (although there actually were two deaths near the end) or whatever other series bring at the end. About the episodes: I suppose if you read this, you already know about the episodes, otherwise I wouldn't want to spoil you. So, let's just say: All in all, I was pleased. My downstairs neighbour asked me what I watched the other night. I must have laughed so loud that she woke up. While my favourite character has always been Alfie, Kenzo proved to be an wesome replacement. He had the most hilarious moments in this season. What a great young actor. The others delivered their works as expected. I can imagine that for British people, the show might have become boring during the years, but for a non-native speaker, every single sentence brings great joy. If it would be a German show, I would surely hate Roger. But with his broad British accent, there is no way to not like him. We don't have any German series getting even close to the brilliant British style. I cannot explain what exactly I mean, but BBC series are simply the best. And "My Family" is the bestest of the best. ;-) But come one, why not make some more episodes from time to time? Wouldn't hurt nobody but make (not only) me happy.