Profile for Count Dracula > Reviews

Content by Count Dracula

Count Dracula "Robert" (Devon, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Frankenstein: Or, the Modern Prometheus (Wordsworth Classics)
Frankenstein: Or, the Modern Prometheus (Wordsworth Classics)
by Mary Shelley

5.0 out of 5 stars God Bless Mary Shelley, 2 Feb. 2015
My New Year's resolution was to start reading books more. I have only a 3 chapters to go now. This is a lot more in depth than the film(s). I am finding it most fascinating with the characterisations that Mary Shelley gives. It also gives an inkling into her psyche on the night in question with Byron and Shelley (her husband). Don't forget there was a huge storm on that particular night they wrote their stories.

I can't imagine what life would be like without Mary Shelley having wrote such a book. I think it got GPs, specialists and scientists from when it got published not to fear going "over the boundaries" of surgery, biology, etc.. Neurology might have never existed as it does today. Thank You Mary!!

2015 one day to a page A5 diary - assorted colours x 1 single
2015 one day to a page A5 diary - assorted colours x 1 single
Offered by best deal 4 u

5.0 out of 5 stars just as good. Does the job, 2 Feb. 2015
A bit of a shock to find that Saturday and Sundays aren't on one page. Despite that, just as good. Does the job.

Old Moore's Horoscope and Daily Astral Diary 2015 - Leo
Old Moore's Horoscope and Daily Astral Diary 2015 - Leo
by Dr. Francis Moore

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 Feb. 2015
I get one every year without fail. Bit of a fan.

3M Scotch BUFF Brown Packaging Parcel Tape 50mm x 66m - Pack of 2
3M Scotch BUFF Brown Packaging Parcel Tape 50mm x 66m - Pack of 2
Offered by K Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 cms wide, 2 Feb. 2015
Very strong and durable. Just what I needed.

The Abominable Snowman [DVD] [1957]
The Abominable Snowman [DVD] [1957]
Dvd ~ Peter Cushing

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Fabulous, 2 Feb. 2015
Received very early! Just in time for New Years Eve - couldn't wait to watch it. I wasn't disappointed; being a big lover of Hammer films.

Basil Brush Annual 1976
Basil Brush Annual 1976

5.0 out of 5 stars The Original Basil Brush,,,,,,,,,,,,not that fox imposter!, 2 Aug. 2014
I remember watching Basil on tv while growing up. I have the original Basil B's dvd. I never got any of the annuals for birthdays, let alone Christmas! This was in great condition, considering its' age. The stories were typical of his character and games would appeal more to children than adults, yet fun anyway. I don't regret buying it. At least I now have it with me, even though it would have meant a lot more if I had it back in 1976.

The Joan Crawford Collection : What Ever Happened To Baby Jane? / Mildred Pierce / Possessed / Grand Hotel [DVD] [1945]
Dvd ~ Joan Crawford

5.0 out of 5 stars Too Many Boxsets - it is confusing!!...., 2 Aug. 2014
I was trying to find a collection of Joan's films that would satisfy my "fussy" taste. Shame they are so many boxsets! As far as I am concerned this is the best for me.

"Mildred Pierce" I have watched before and is one of her great films. Love it.
"What Ever Happened to Baby Jane" - I genuinely thought that a infamous kitchen scene was in but wasn't. I must have been confusing this with another film, Despite that, it felt like I was watching tennis between the main characters - WOW - such strong, mesmerising, Oscar winning performances from both Joan and Bette. I have never watched this one before. I enjoyed every second.
"Possessed" a film noir - she gives another strong performance. So much so, she was nominated for an Oscar - shame she didn't get it. This is dark, psychological film, in which her character is so mentally unstable, her love for "David Sutton" is literally suffocating him; she just wants to "love him to death". Does she succeed? That is for you to find out............
"Grand Hotel" she has a minor early role. It is evident that you can see her talent as an actress of what she would become: extremely talented by being choosy as to which films she would take on. .

The most important things Joan did best was to choose her films wisely, become a perfectionist and not to take "any crap" from anyone. If becoming a control freak is a crime in the world of acting, she is guilty. Despite that, she will always be One Helluva Great Actress. No one comes near her acting ability; especially in tisi day and age This is her legacy.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 26, 2014 2:17 PM GMT

The Rocking Horse Winner [DVD]
The Rocking Horse Winner [DVD]
Dvd ~ John Mills

5.0 out of 5 stars Black n White film, 2 Aug. 2014
First time for me. I love thrillers and chillers. This was different, original and mesmerising. Superb acting throughout and from a great director. Direction is ALWAYS important in this genre. Bad direction makes a bad film. This certainly isn't - far from it.

One Mint Julep
One Mint Julep

5.0 out of 5 stars With Lyrics from Sarah, 2 Aug. 2014
This review is from: One Mint Julep (MP3 Download)
I love this tune that I have listened to without lyrics; this has! Great fun.

Doodlin'
Doodlin'

5.0 out of 5 stars Funtastic Doodlin', 2 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Doodlin' (MP3 Download)
What a great song! I have never heard of this one before. So catchy and original. Love it so much, as well as Sarah's incredibly versatile voice.

Page: 1 | 2