Profile for Bargain Oracle > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
John Barry: The beyondness of things
John Barry: The beyondness of things

5.0 out of 5 stars The Most Beautiful Song, 21 Aug 2014
My most favourite John Barry Song. I should get the entire album...

100ml Lavender Essential Oil
100ml Lavender Essential Oil
Offered by FRESHSKIN

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality Oil, 21 Aug 2014
This review is from: 100ml Lavender Essential Oil
I think the oil is good quality and I would definitely purchase again, although it will take me some time to get through it being 100ml. Much cheaper than the high street.

ALTURA Arran Expanding Post Pack
ALTURA Arran Expanding Post Pack
Offered by Cycle Sports UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good quality, 10 Oct 2013
This review is from: ALTURA Arran Expanding Post Pack
I bought this to be able to carry more than just tools whilst cycling. Seatpost mounting is very secure yet easy to detach when required. Well stitched and the metal frame can be removed from the bag to carry slightly more easily. Would recommend to those wanting something bigger than normal seat bag but not panniers. I have it mounted on a mountain bike.

Layer Cake
Layer Cake

5.0 out of 5 stars Genius, 15 Aug 2013
This review is from: Layer Cake (Audio CD)
I could watch the film on endless loop. It's my favourite film of all time. This soundtrack capture memories of the film perfectly.

Put it on in the car and feel like your driving somewhere serious!

Galt Mega Marble Run
Galt Mega Marble Run

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 15 Aug 2013
This review is from: Galt Mega Marble Run (Toy)
This set allows you to make some really good runs for the marbles that can take a reasonable time to get down. I make them and the little man feeds in the marbles. It didn't take him long to realise that the marbles need to be put in from the highest point built.

Fun for me and great for learning about cause and effect for him.

Well recommended.

--- UPDATE ---

I think this has to be about the most used toy of any kind Little Man has. Its been on his Top 10 list for about 2 years. sometime he goes a couple of weeks and its the only thing he wants to play with. Only one part has broken - the central support for a 'whirlpool', but this is not the end of the world.

I also bought 16mm ball bearings for the set - heavier and prettier than plain ol' marbles.

Cannot recommend enough!

Bad Pharma: How drug companies mislead doctors and harm patients
Bad Pharma: How drug companies mislead doctors and harm patients
by Ben Goldacre

2.0 out of 5 stars Far harder read than Bad Science (which I rate 5 Stars), 2 Aug 2013
Just a really heavy lecturing read. I appreciate the issue and its seriousness but a far wider audience would read this if it were far shorter and less like being beaten around the head. Sorry Ben, I do really like your motives.

Dinosaur Hunters Toddler Dino Navy Casual Sandal 2635422 8 Child UK
Dinosaur Hunters Toddler Dino Navy Casual Sandal 2635422 8 Child UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Sandals, 11 May 2013
Were great for holiday, and the curved front sole meant that Little Man was not a constant tripping hazard.

The inner heel of the sole has a clicky switch which operates the flashing lights in the soles. Our one thumps around like an elephant so no problem, but these would not work if you have a tip-toer.

Great value, very pleased and well recommended.

La casa dei gatti piccini piccini picciò
La casa dei gatti piccini piccini picciò
by Antonella Abbatiello

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 11 May 2013
I have bought the set of these books, they are beautifully illustrated.

The stories are very simple, and I can either read in English from the pictures or read the Italian now that Mummy has advised on pronunciation.

Highly recommended.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 SD Card and USB Adapter - Black
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 SD Card and USB Adapter - Black
Offered by DayzHappy

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what you want it to, 24 April 2013
Work Perfectly - just remember the USB wont work with 'high power' devices.

Review requires seven more words so there!

Mini 300 Lumen CREE Q5 Zoomable and Focus Adjustable LED Flashlight Torch With Waterproof Design
Offered by Magic&Gorgeous

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! (Updated), 24 April 2013
Seems to be quite good quality, and being a CREE light, much brighter than a traditional LED or bulb torch.

I have used it so far with 1 x AA battery. Having read that it also takes a 14500 3.7v rechargeable lithium battery and will be much brighter, I have also ordered.

Be aware that a 14500 battery and charger will cost about twice that of the torch itself, but we're not in Donald Trump territory.

I know that such rechargeable batteries suffer from quick drop-off, and given that 'the flame that burns twice as bright burns half as long' (thanks Ridley), I don't expect it to last amazingly either.

If I work out how to update a review I will add how the other battery performs when I get to play with it.

* * * UPDATE * * *

Recieved both the 1200mAh 3.7v batteries and the dedicated charger. Popped one of the batteries in. BLIMEY.

Much brighter. More comparable to my 3xC cell CREE torch available from 7dayshop. In first use, a definitely recommended upgrade. Time will tell if it lasts, but a definite 'show and tell' item for friends.

If I do have a gripe, I personally do not like the 100% / 50% / Strobing cycle of the switch, but my other CREE torch does the same so it seems the done thing. It may be a function for you!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 12, 2014 6:03 AM GMT