Profile for Bargain Oracle > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Kenwood HM680 Chefette Hand Mixer with Bowl
Kenwood HM680 Chefette Hand Mixer with Bowl

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile, quality hand blender, 16 May 2015
If you want to buy a hand blender then I suggest looking no further. This is a powerful and well built blender.

The bonus is the stand, rotating bowl and splatter guard, which for lighter jobs are excellent. It will struggle with thick dough, but that's because you should have spent 10 times as much on a dedicated worktop machine.

Only gripe is that the blender blades are a little thinner than on the 'value' blender it replaced - given the obvious quality of the rest of the item they could have done better on this critical part!

Disco
Disco
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Pet Shop Boys, 16 May 2015
This review is from: Disco (Audio CD)
One of the albums of my youth. Wonderful.

meZmory OTG USB Adapter Plug Micro-B/Male to USB-A/Female 2.0 3.0
meZmory OTG USB Adapter Plug Micro-B/Male to USB-A/Female 2.0 3.0
Offered by Tech-Surfer United Kingdom (VAT included)

5.0 out of 5 stars Small, robust and works perfectly, 16 May 2015
I thought this might be a little flimsy but decided I'd give this a punt over a dedicated OTG USB stick. Especially as so cheap.

It actually quite robust and no less than I could have hoped for and worked perfectly with my USB sticks and Galaxy S3.

Only downside is that being so small it can get lost easily. I might be brave and drill a tiny hole for a keyring loop. I'll update this review on my success or failure!

Highy recommended.

Barry: The beyondness of things
Barry: The beyondness of things

5.0 out of 5 stars The Most Beautiful Song, 21 Aug. 2014
My most favourite John Barry Song. I should get the entire album...

100ml Lavender Essential Oil
100ml Lavender Essential Oil
Offered by FRESHSKIN

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality Oil, 21 Aug. 2014
This review is from: 100ml Lavender Essential Oil
I think the oil is good quality and I would definitely purchase again, although it will take me some time to get through it being 100ml. Much cheaper than the high street.

ALTURA Arran Expanding Post Pack
ALTURA Arran Expanding Post Pack
Offered by Adventure Northumberland

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good quality, 10 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Altura Arran Expanding Post Pack
I bought this to be able to carry more than just tools whilst cycling. Seatpost mounting is very secure yet easy to detach when required. Well stitched and the metal frame can be removed from the bag to carry slightly more easily. Would recommend to those wanting something bigger than normal seat bag but not panniers. I have it mounted on a mountain bike.

Layer Cake
Layer Cake

5.0 out of 5 stars Genius, 15 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Layer Cake (Audio CD)
I could watch the film on endless loop. It's my favourite film of all time. This soundtrack capture memories of the film perfectly.

Put it on in the car and feel like your driving somewhere serious!

Galt Mega Marble Run
Galt Mega Marble Run
Offered by a1 Toys

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 15 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Galt Mega Marble Run (Toy)
This set allows you to make some really good runs for the marbles that can take a reasonable time to get down. I make them and the little man feeds in the marbles. It didn't take him long to realise that the marbles need to be put in from the highest point built.

Fun for me and great for learning about cause and effect for him.

Well recommended.

--- UPDATE ---

I think this has to be about the most used toy of any kind Little Man has. Its been on his Top 10 list for about 2 years. sometime he goes a couple of weeks and its the only thing he wants to play with. Only one part has broken - the central support for a 'whirlpool', but this is not the end of the world.

I also bought 16mm ball bearings for the set - heavier and prettier than plain ol' marbles.

Cannot recommend enough!

Bad Pharma: How drug companies mislead doctors and harm patients
Bad Pharma: How drug companies mislead doctors and harm patients
by Ben Goldacre

2.0 out of 5 stars Far harder read than Bad Science (which I rate 5 Stars), 2 Aug. 2013
Just a really heavy lecturing read. I appreciate the issue and its seriousness but a far wider audience would read this if it were far shorter and less like being beaten around the head. Sorry Ben, I do really like your motives.

Dinosaur Hunters Toddler Dino Navy Casual Sandal 2635422 8 Child UK
Dinosaur Hunters Toddler Dino Navy Casual Sandal 2635422 8 Child UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Sandals, 11 May 2013
Were great for holiday, and the curved front sole meant that Little Man was not a constant tripping hazard.

The inner heel of the sole has a clicky switch which operates the flashing lights in the soles. Our one thumps around like an elephant so no problem, but these would not work if you have a tip-toer.

Great value, very pleased and well recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3