Profile for AggroBoy > Reviews

AggroBoy (Berkshire)

Supremacy
Supremacy

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost unbearably good, 7 Sept. 2006
This review is from: Supremacy (Audio CD)
Hatebreed have been at the top of the hardcore metal scene for a while now; they've been a pretty much permanent playlist feature since Perseverance exploded into clubs in 2002. Since then they have definately matured as a band, and this album reflects that. It has undoubtedly lost something compared to Perseverance: the tracks are longer, less edgy. There's less of that raw, brutal edge that caught our attention back then. Make no mistake though, this is still Hatebreed at their best, and at volume it will still blow you clean away. While some of the nervous energy of youth may be gone, in it's place we are treated to the most monstrously powerful riffs I've ever heard and some of the best album and song composition you'll hear in the metal scene this year. I'd like to list a few standout tracks, but really it's just not possible: there is nothing less than excellent on this album from beginning to end.

This is probably not the album for someone new to the scene (nor is any Hatebreed album,) but if you've ever enjoyed metal of any kind, there is no better way to spend ten quid than this album. I've been a Hatebreed fan for a long time, and it exceeded all my expectations. Genius.

Metamorphoses
Metamorphoses

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, good stuff, 12 Nov. 2001
This review is from: Metamorphoses (Audio CD)
I finally forced myself to buy this album, after being scared off by its "pop" format (short, lyrical tracks). I can gladly report that all my fears were unfounded. This album is definately not vintage Jarre, but it IS something just as artistic, creative and, most importantly, musical. It feels like a merging of traditional Jarre with aspects of Mike Oldfield, Enigma and Moby. The result feels new and yet familar; surprising, but as evokative as only old favourites can be.
Easily the best album I've bought this year.