Profile for A. J. Johnson > Reviews

St Christopher design Cufflinks
St Christopher design Cufflinks
Offered by 1StopShops

2.0 out of 5 stars Rather disappointing, 4 Aug. 2012
From the picture I had expected these to be steel faced, but in fact the face is white. Also rather small. Had them for a few months and only worn once. Probably won't ware again

Vintage Pearl Style Rose Hinged Bangle Bracelet (Burn Silver)
Vintage Pearl Style Rose Hinged Bangle Bracelet (Burn Silver)

5.0 out of 5 stars Classy number, 3 May 2012
The moment you see this you can tell it's quality. Solid and well made, my wife loves it. Mamy compliments were forthcoming.

Mexx Women's F9Re0195 Key West Open Toe Espadrilles
Mexx Women's F9Re0195 Key West Open Toe Espadrilles

1.0 out of 5 stars Not leather, 3 May 2012
Very disappointed. Described as leather/suede outers, but not the case. Purchase on behalf of my wife who will be returning.

Ben Sherman R733 Gents Digital LCD Display Brown Leather Strap Watch
Ben Sherman R733 Gents Digital LCD Display Brown Leather Strap Watch

4.0 out of 5 stars What's not to like?, 9 Jun. 2011
I was nearly put off by a review suggesting the watch to be 12mm deep and hence chunky. I envisioned a monsterous lump of watch on my wrist. At the price however I decided to take the risk. In fact the depth is around 8mm and the watch is light and comfortable. It looks expensive and although I purchased as a second, knock about watch I find it really is too nice for that. Good to ware as an eye catching casual watch or equally to wear to an office environment.

The digital face is one of those you need to look at directly, or at an angle within about 45 degrees. The face is a little reflective in sunlight and so I needed to move my wrist until I could see the time, but not a problem for me.

Basic digital function including stop watch and dual time. If it's lots of functions you are after look elsewhere. Not an issue for me, I have tried watches with temperature and digital compasses and let's face it they don't really work reliably.

All in all a fine watch for under £[]. What's not to like?

Monsters [Blu-ray]
Monsters [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Whitney Able
Offered by DVDBayFBA

1.0 out of 5 stars Dull beyond belief, 22 April 2011
This review is from: Monsters [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Let me start by saying I love sic-fi and fantasy. From Fringe to Star Trek from Lord of the Rings to Battlestar Galactica, I generally love it. The escapism, the sense of the unknown, imaginative, uplifting, spellbinding. This film is none of these things. Two people take an unnecessary journey from one place to another without much happening. It is largely incidental that the area they are travelling through is resident to aliens. The truth is that nothing really happens. Every time you expect something interesting is going to happen it just fizzles out. This may not be a problem if the characters were interesting, but sadly this is not the case. If anything they are both mildly dislikable - The plot if indeed it can be described as this seems to hinge on whether they will get together - trouble is - I don't care! I am left wising I could have the bit of my life back I wasted watching this. Be warned - there are better things to do with your time than watch this.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 12, 2011 10:36 PM BST

Turn It Up Louder
Turn It Up Louder
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid crowd pleaser, 26 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Turn It Up Louder (Audio CD)
I purchased this on the back of "mama do"; and on first listen was somewhat disappointed. HoweverHaving stuck with it, I have to say that it's rather good. A mixture of styles but basically well crafted tunes.

MicroFibre Camera/Lens/Screen/Spectacle Cleaning Cloth 30x30cm - Pack of 2 clothes

4.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, 11 Aug. 2010
Purchased these to clean my IPAD. They are about 12 inches square and quite substantial. Just what I wanted. Go for it!

Bravado  Thundercats - Cats Lair - Zinc - Mens t-shirt  Zinc
Bravado Thundercats - Cats Lair - Zinc - Mens t-shirt Zinc

4.0 out of 5 stars Thunder thunder thundercats, 11 Aug. 2010
Great t-shirt. I have had this for a few months and the quality and feel is still great. Have it on as I write this review. Looking good!

Retro Damask Black Ivory Cream Runner Rug 60cm x 220cm (2ft x 7ft 3")
Retro Damask Black Ivory Cream Runner Rug 60cm x 220cm (2ft x 7ft 3")
Offered by Design Barn

2.0 out of 5 stars A bugger to clean, 11 Aug. 2010
This rug looks great. Trouble is dust, dirt and especially cat hair love it and don't want to come off. We have a dyson vacuum cleaner and even this leaves it looking less than clean - even after several minutes of frantic hoovering.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Remember diesel sizes, 11 Aug. 2010
I love Diesel clothes, but always remember their sizes can catch you out. I am a 36inch waist and initially ordered these in Large. No chance, Nearly cut me in half! Happily the supplier (USC) changed without fuss and although wearing extra large is not good for the ego they look great.

Page: 1 | 2