Profile for M. Silvert > Reviews

Content by M. Silvert

M. Silvert (London, UK United Kingdom)

Case4Life Compact digital camera soft case pouch for Sony Cyber-shot DSC-J, DSC-T, DSC-TX, DSC-WX, DSC-W, Series - Lifetime Guarantee
Offered by Gadget Barn
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Case4Life Compact, 31 Aug 2013
Excellent product delivered promptly

Good quality well made easy to use and the right size, complete with loop for belt use

Christian Bale
Christian Bale
by Harrison Cheung

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible book - waste of money - sent back, 2 July 2012
This review is from: Christian Bale (Paperback)
If you wish to learn about Christian's Dad, then by all means get this book. We learn little about Christian himself, no interesting stories that we did not already know from the media, or can be read about online. Waste of time. Agree with other reviewers just makes the author look ridiculous a blatant book to try and get money he felt he was owed. AVOID

Duke Nukem Forever (Xbox 360)
Duke Nukem Forever (Xbox 360)
Offered by SC-WHOLESALE
Price: 5.49

1.0 out of 5 stars dont waste your time, 10 Jun 2011
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
Very sad. Waited a long time. Hoped for a lot, should have known better. Slow loads, awful frame rate, gave up after 10 mins. AVOID!
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 11, 2011 10:53 AM BST

Mili Powerskin MILI-HI-C20BLK The Worlds Thinnest iPhone 3G 3GS Battery Case - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars DOES NOT WORK - DO NOT BUY, 25 Nov 2010
Agree with other users, it does not hold its charge for more than 10 uses, and unlike the other battery charger i had which had a slide button to turn it on, the side button is so sensitive that it charges even when you dont want it to and you cant stop it unlike the old one i had for my 3G , that one you could turn it off and on, so saving some battery charging for later or when phone becomes fully charged. DO NOT BUY!!!!!!!!! RUBBISH! I AM SENDING MINE BACK!

Army of Two: The 40th Day (Xbox 360)
Army of Two: The 40th Day (Xbox 360)
Offered by Gameline GmbH.
Price: 12.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Best game on 360, 22 Feb 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Amazing game, better than MW2 in my opinion, wish it was longer, the ending is a BIG let down but rest of the game is perfect with a friend to play. So so good i hope there is a third!

Left 4 Dead 2 (Xbox 360)
Left 4 Dead 2 (Xbox 360)
Offered by Turbotrance
Price: 19.94

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't believe the hype, 24 Nov 2009
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
My friends and i were excited, we all sat down to play it after months of waiting, after an hour we realised this is not a worthy sequel, the level design does not work, the fire does not work, you can't see a thing, it should have been DLC. Really a shame.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 26, 2009 10:42 PM GMT

Abattoir Blues / The Lyre of Orpheus
Abattoir Blues / The Lyre of Orpheus
Offered by rbmbooks
Price: 30.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Nick Takes No Prisoners, 27 Oct 2004
It simply astounds me that it is a month now since the release of one of the best albums ever made in my opinion and I am trying desperately to find any of my friends to come to the gigs with me!!
It irritates me beyond distraction that nobody I know seems to even know of this album. I mean ok so Nicks music does not have mass appeal, and the performance on Jonathan Ross did not help matters, (I have never seen anyone look so terrified!! :-) )
And all of this grates me so, because with this double album it is now clear that Nick Cave WILL BE remembered at least by music critics and those for an appreciation for the finest lyricist in the world as one of the best albums ever made. With the exception of The Brown Ape and Lyre of Orpheus, it is a flawless album.
Listening to the album on my ipod, every musical instrument becomes heightened to my senses and you can easily get lost in this superbly rich melancholic album. The choir gives the album loft to an unworldly level and I would say that if I could keep only 3 Nick Albums, I would choose this, Let Love In and No more shall we part.
I hope Nick takes a 2 year break now, he deserves it, and comes out with something even better, avoiding mishaps like Nocturama, which wasn't even that bad! It certainly beats most of the durge out there, Now 48 anyone??? No, didn't think so!!!

Nocturama [CD + Bonus DVD]
Nocturama [CD + Bonus DVD]
Offered by hifi-media-store
Price: 12.90

3.0 out of 5 stars Leftovers, 18 April 2003
This album is ok, with a couple of good songs, I think after the brilliance of his last album, No More Shall We Part, it was always going to be hard to come out with something better. And something distinctly below par, has come out, for Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, can produce the most amazing tracks. This album sounds like a few leftover songs that did not make the last album.
If you are a mad Nick fan like me, you will still enjoy it, but it is wont hold your attention for long.

Brutal Planet
Brutal Planet
Offered by eamons_emporium
Price: 8.30

4.0 out of 5 stars Hard Hearted Alice is BACK!, 10 Jun 2000
This review is from: Brutal Planet (Audio CD)
This long awaited new material from the Master of Rock and macabre, is heavier and harder than ever. It deals with the concepts of brutality and evil in all their stark nakedness. It is not easy listening by any means even for the most ardent Alice fan. This will not be a classic album, but it has a lot to say and contains a mix of catchy rock anthems, not sure it will be popular amongst non-Alice worshipers, but for the rest A MUST HAVE!