Profile for D. Munnings > Reviews

Content by D. Munnings

D. Munnings (Canterbury)

Page: 1 | 2
Copper Heart (The Maria Kallio Series Book 3)
Copper Heart (The Maria Kallio Series Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Unputdownable in spite of the strange names, 3 Jan 2014
Excellent story and characters. In spite of the alien sounding names (to an Englishman at least.) The story moves fast and fascinating characters come and go. I soon became interested in what would happen to them and from then on was hooked.
I can't wait to read other books by the same author.

Mrs. Pargeter's Package (A Mrs Pargeter Mystery)
Mrs. Pargeter's Package (A Mrs Pargeter Mystery)

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable and relaxing, 10 Aug 2013
The elderly, enigmatic ex "Gangsters moll" once again makes amends for past misdeeds. I love these stories. Will justice ever catch up with her for complicity in past crimes I wonder?

In the Teeth of the Evidence (Lord Peter Wimsey Mysteries Book 14)
In the Teeth of the Evidence (Lord Peter Wimsey Mysteries Book 14)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, 10 Aug 2013
Disappointing. Don't know what I really expected but a colourless detective who stands in the sidelines, then leaps out to solve the case without appearing to have contributed to the investigation, is a little hard to take.

UNDERWORLD
UNDERWORLD

5.0 out of 5 stars Stay away from dark tunnels, 10 Aug 2013
This review is from: UNDERWORLD (Kindle Edition)
The worst of nightmare situations. The victim suspects there are terrifying things underground but no real escape on the surface. I read with increasing horror as the victim descended further into a pit of despair.
One can almost smell the fear, feel the cloying darkness and hear the scratching of the unspeakable things scurrying around in it... far worse than rats, far worse than anything you can imagine.
Carol Salter manages to convey the hopelessness of a strange broken world, and the stark choices left to those trying to survive.

Wycliffe and the Three Toed Pussy
Wycliffe and the Three Toed Pussy

5.0 out of 5 stars Good formula, 22 July 2013
Wycliffe and the west country, a gentle wander through genteel suspects and laid-back policeman. The sort of book I like to read.

Gently by the Shore (Inspector George Gently Series Book 2)
Gently by the Shore (Inspector George Gently Series Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Relaxing, 22 July 2013
Nice comfortable read, it's like joining a group of old friends when I open a George Gently book. Can't wait to read the next one.

Car Charger for Samsung SGH-U600
Car Charger for Samsung SGH-U600
Offered by Mobile Laden

5.0 out of 5 stars First rate, 10 Jun 2013
Excellent product, ticks all of the boxes. Brings me unlimited joy as the wife likes it and I bought it for her.

A House in the Country
A House in the Country

4.0 out of 5 stars Sort of book I don't normally read, 23 Mar 2013
Ghosties, and set in America. Not my normal reading, but something about the first chapter grabbed my attention and I went on to find the book most enjoyable. The characters were well drawn and I found myself empathizing with them as the story progressed.
I hope to read more of this authors works...

The Dark
The Dark

3.0 out of 5 stars Too much death, 6 Feb 2013
This review is from: The Dark (Kindle Edition)
Packed from cover to cover with dead people. I expected a large degree of violence but hoped for a little subtle suspense. If you can stand the violence it is well written and moves on at a good pace... through mountains of bodies though.

Safe House
Safe House

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 22 Jan 2013
This review is from: Safe House (Kindle Edition)
Enjoyable, fast moving action thriller. One of the best of this genre I've read in a while. Good writing style as well.

Page: 1 | 2