Profile for D. Munnings > Reviews

Content by D. Munnings

D. Munnings (Canterbury)

Page: 1 | 2
Gently By The Shore (Inspector George Gently Series Book 2)
Gently By The Shore (Inspector George Gently Series Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Relaxing, 22 July 2013
Nice comfortable read, it's like joining a group of old friends when I open a George Gently book. Can't wait to read the next one.

Car Charger for Samsung SGH-U600
Car Charger for Samsung SGH-U600
Offered by Mobile Laden

5.0 out of 5 stars First rate, 10 Jun. 2013
Excellent product, ticks all of the boxes. Brings me unlimited joy as the wife likes it and I bought it for her.

A House in the Country
A House in the Country

4.0 out of 5 stars Sort of book I don't normally read, 23 Mar. 2013
Ghosties, and set in America. Not my normal reading, but something about the first chapter grabbed my attention and I went on to find the book most enjoyable. The characters were well drawn and I found myself empathizing with them as the story progressed.
I hope to read more of this authors works...

The Dark
The Dark

3.0 out of 5 stars Too much death, 6 Feb. 2013
This review is from: The Dark (Kindle Edition)
Packed from cover to cover with dead people. I expected a large degree of violence but hoped for a little subtle suspense. If you can stand the violence it is well written and moves on at a good pace... through mountains of bodies though.

Safe House
Safe House

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 22 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Safe House (Kindle Edition)
Enjoyable, fast moving action thriller. One of the best of this genre I've read in a while. Good writing style as well.

The Future Was F.A.B.: The Art Of Mike Trim
The Future Was F.A.B.: The Art Of Mike Trim
by Anthony Taylor

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure nostalgia, 24 May 2010
Excellent illustrations and interesting descriptions make this book a 'Blast from the past.' I bought the book for my sons birthday, to remind him of the entertainment he used to sit glued to as a child.
The illustrations of the workshop activities give a good idea of what was going on behind the scenes.
The picture of the five puppeteers suspended on a platform above the action demonstrates the skill needed to present each episode of Thunderbirds, it looks more difficult than actual acting.
The evolution of the iconic scene on the cover of one of the all time great recordings: Jeff Wayne's War of the worlds is fascinating.
In all, a worthwhile purchase.

Page: 1 | 2