Profile for A. Clark > Reviews

Content by A. Clark

A. Clark "The Duke of Clarkshire" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
G-Fitness Kettle Bells - Black, 2 Kg
G-Fitness Kettle Bells - Black, 2 Kg

4.0 out of 5 stars Kettle bells that represent excellent value, 30 Jan. 2015
I like this item - have just set up a boxing & fitness club in our village and needed some kettle bells for exercise classes. These seem to represent good value. I will show them to our more experienced users but I can't see a problem and will certainly use them at home. Unfortunately the advert stated 'a PAIR' of kettle bells and so I ordered two items but only one pair arrived. Amazon sorted it out immediately using online chat and all is good. Being OCD I've weighed them and they are 2kg according to my scales.
I've scoured the interwebway for kettle bells and some are stupid prices - I may get what I pay for but I feel happy with these and would recommend them. Fast delivery using my Prime trial too!

Deluxe Black Leather Case Cover For BlackBerry Playbook
Deluxe Black Leather Case Cover For BlackBerry Playbook

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value and protection....., 15 Sept. 2012
For the price I paid for two of these covers I couldn't have expected more! These were gifts for two friends to protect their new Playbooks and as I had paid £49.99 for my own cover (it was genuine leather) I did not expect these to be leather material. They are, however, FANTASTIC! The Playbook fits perfectly into the securing corners and all of the ports , sockets and camera lens are clear from obstructions. If I had a complaint it would be that the flap magnets are not really very strong and the flap needs manipulating into position to close. This is not too much of a problem though and I always harp back to the price I paid for protection of my friends' gadgets.

Overall, this product is worth the money and will protect your Playbook - at least try it, you won't be disappointed and certainly not out of pocket!

BlackBerry PlayBook - Tablet - 16 GB - 7" TFT ( 1024 x 600 ) - rear camera + front camera - Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
Offered by Supreme Value

5.0 out of 5 stars More than I expected....., 15 Dec. 2011
When I first thought about going back to a Blackberry mobile phone (I had one of the original versions) one of the draws was the thought of having the Playbook tablet to go with it. I have read reviews and other write-ups about the tablet and felt that it was a gadget I would happily make use of - I wasn't wrong!
The 7" screen is so clear and has a firm glass front to make touch use a positive experience. The lack of buttons (apart from power and volume) is refreshing and the ability to use the border as a touch area is fab. It didn't take me long to set the Playbook up and get going with the swipes and touch areas. There are built-in lessons for most things and anything that you forget or don't know is easily available online via many sources.
This brings me to the browser - I have read that RIM are suffering through lack of Playbook sales which is a shame as the browser is very quick and responsive through the wireless connection; though the Blackberry Bridge depends a lot on the signal area for speed but I haven't noticed much difference. There are a lot of built-in applications but I have deleted some of them that I will not us and found it easy to browse and add those I do want.
The colours on-screen are vibrant and far better than my laptop, watching video and TV through iPlayer is superb and complemented by excellent sound through the built in speakers. Even music throught eh Playbook speakers is great but connecting earphones adds another dimension.
Boot up time can be frustratingly slow but what did I expect?! No real difference to my laptop there. The much reported lack of Apps is annoying as there are plenty - depending upon what the user wants. Battery life is much better than I expected and lasts plenty long enough to take travelling without having to worry about going flat.
The Playbook came with a neoprene envelope cover which is perfectly acceptable and usable but I purchased a PdAir stitched leather cover which really sets the gadget off.
I've not used the camera much but have played with video and stills when learning how to use it and they are intuitive and produced great results with the little I have done so far.
A downside for me is lack of DLNA at the moment. RIM say it will come and maybe with the upgraded OS in the New Year I will be appeased.
Overall well worth the money and I love my Playbook. I know people with iPads and I wouldn't swap!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Luxury Gadget Clothing.........., 15 Dec. 2011
I purchased this case for my new Playbook gadget after reading the most comprehensive Amazon review I've seen on the Playbook itself. I am very happy with the soft leather cover. Crime prevention people will say that you should spend at least 10% of the value of a product on protection for it and this cover cost me less than 20% of the Playbook cost, however, take into account what can be stored on the Playbook after purchasing books and music etc and you will find that the £40+ for this case is well worth it. The cover itself was supplied from Hong Kong and the speed of delivery was amazing! Just five days to my doorstep from order and the quality is only matched by my Kindle cover - except the leather on the Playbook cover is softer and has contrast stitching.
The practicalities of the cover are obvious from the moment the Playbook is slid between the firm plastic holding tabs. The Playbook does not move and all connections are accessible. The rear camera is perfectly positioned through the hole in the cover and is also protected by the magnetic closing tab when the Playbook is not in use.
The stand element of the case is excellent and allows me to lay in bed watching tv on iPlayer or to stand the gadget on a desk/worktop when multi-tasking (yes, ladies.... men can do that too!)

Overall, I would not give this case anything less than FIVE STARS and am pleased I purchased it.

Star Wars tm Darth Vader tm Adult Gloves - one size fit
Star Wars tm Darth Vader tm Adult Gloves - one size fit
Offered by It's All Fun & Games

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for holding your Light Saber.........., 13 Sept. 2011
These excellent value gauntlets were purchased to complete my Darth Vader fancy dress costume. I have large (size 10.5) hands and these fitted perfectly. They would survive the most testing night out on 'the Dark Side' and gripped my light saber easily to enable battle with the Rebel Fighters.

Overall, excellent purchase!

Hasbro - Star Wars Light Saber - Darth Vader
Hasbro - Star Wars Light Saber - Darth Vader

5.0 out of 5 stars Illuminating the Dark Side......, 13 Sept. 2011
Inverness never knew what hit it! I purchased this light saber to go with my costume at a fancy dress party and ended up touring bars in Inverness with everybody impressed that the 'Force was with me'! This saber is solid and durable, illuminates brightly and with the added bonus of sound effects is a fab addition to the Darth Vader outfit. ** Beware over-zealous 'wrist flicking' when extending the baton (saber) - it could have a small child's (or even adult's) eye out! If you like having your picture taken by tourists just walk round in the whole outfit!!

Overall, excellent value and perfect for what I wanted.

HP Color Laser Jet Print Cartridge - Q6000A
HP Color Laser Jet Print Cartridge - Q6000A

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 17 Mar. 2011
There is not a lot to write here except that it's an HP Original - I don't use 'compatible' ink for any of my printers. This purchase represented excellent value and delivery was prompt. HP give a return slip to enable correct recycling of the old cartridge

Garmin Forerunner 305 Wrist-Worn GPS Personal Training Device with Heart Rate Monitor (discontinued by manufacturer) (discountinued by manufacturer)
Offered by AOT (UK VAT registered)

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent item if you love information...., 17 Mar. 2011
Having previously been using a Garmin FR60 I decided to upgrade to a GPS assistant for my running. I am not too serious but I do like information to keep me informed, not just whilst exercising, but also afterwards. This unit came highly recommended and with Amazon's bargain price it was something that I couldn't resist.

It arrived promptly and was easy to set up from the box. My previous footpod for the FR60 immediately aligned to the unit and from inside my flat the 305 easily picked up satellites to start tracking. If there is a downside to the unit it is the satellite acquisition when I'm preparing for a run. Once warmed up and regularly starting from the same point it often takes a couple of minutes to lock on which can mean standing around.

The information available could be a distraction whilst running so I keep the minimum info on screen, depending upon which element I'm trying to work on; there can be up to four individual items of information on screen at any time. The computer based recording installed easily and simply updated the Garmin Training Centre already installed. The 'view' in Google Earth is superb. Downloading is always quick and easy.

All in all, I would recommend this item for any runner, walker, cyclist as the wealth of information available can be used for improving exercise regime or simply to monitor locations and help with safety when walking in the hills. It isn't too big or garish on the wrist and is comfortable to wear. The buttons have a good response and the sound emitted gives reassurance that lap times are being recorded. I'm sure there is more I could write but I'm also sure I do not use the unit to it's full potential - but who does?
The price at which this is available makes it accessible to most people.

7dayshop Top Quality 10x42 Fully Waterproof /Nitrogen Filled (Anti-Fog) Sport Binoculars. Supplied with shoulder case, straps and caps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Look no further! These are for you, 4 Oct. 2010
7dayshop 10x42 Waterproof Binoculars with FREE case - AMAZON'S BEST SELLING WATERPROOF BINOCULARS - FREE DELIVERY !!

Do not waste your hard-earned money on anything other than these binoculars! If you want quality optics and this size and magnification you will not find anything better than these for the fantastic price offered. I purchased them after reading other reviews and am so pleased I did. They are the equivalent of others priced in excess of £75. I am so impressed that I may buy a second pair for my work.
Congratulations 7-Day Shop for selling such a product at a price representing amazing value!

Garmin GPS Forerunner 50 Bundle
Garmin GPS Forerunner 50 Bundle

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what the runer ordered!, 13 Mar. 2010
I was searching for a training aid to assist me in preparation for a duathlon (half marathon/18 mile cycle)after not having exercised properly for over 25 years and scoured the variety of monitors on offer. I'm so glad I went for the Garmin as it provides a plethara of data that I can understand and use in a tailored manner to suit my training.

Set up of the unit was very easy and I was up and running (literally) in about 5 minutes. I have since made adjustments as I have improved, in particular with my Heart Rate Zones and Running Speed Zones. The data transfers effortlessly to my laptop via the ANT USB stick as soon as I walk into my sitting room and the graphs and information available are superb in the Garmin Training Centre. The ability to compare one run against another is valuable and very 'mentally positive' to see improvements in my performance. As yet I have never had a problem with synchronisation of the HRM or Foot Pod, that are recognised first time, and they have never 'dropped out' mid-run. The HRM is comfortable to wear and fully adjustable.

The foot pod was an additional bonus to the equipment and is remarkably accurate (checked with calibrated VASCAR unit). It will never replace GPS but is excellent an unobtrusive on the shoe. The watch itself is also neat and ideal to use as a normal watch, although the strap does feel slightly 'stretchy' compared to my Timex Ironman resin strap.

Beware when the Garmin Training Centre does a software update as the latest version removed the ANT USB software and had to be reinstalled to upload from the watch - although reinstallation was easy and only took a couple of minutes with no loss of existing data from the Centre.

Overall, I don't think I cold have hoped for better, with the exception of GPS to plot my routes as 'courses' in the Training Centre but then my handheld walking GPS unit can do that.

Product HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!