Profile for Flavour > Reviews

Flavour

The Italian Girl
The Italian Girl

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 23 Sep 2014
This review is from: The Italian Girl (Paperback)
Love her books, all of them just a joy to read and this one did not disappoint.

The One Plus One
The One Plus One
by Jojo Moyes

3.0 out of 5 stars It was ok., 23 Sep 2014
This review is from: The One Plus One (Paperback)
I found the book a real page turner and read the book in a few days but I attribute that to Jojo Moyes writing style rather than the story which was frankly just silly. Jess the main character was annoying beyond belief, one of those people in life that will always make the wrong choice in life and rather than feel sorry for her I just found myself feeling exasperated and pleased none of my friends are like her. I found the character of Ed rather lacking, you feel neither love nor hatred towards him, he seems to just be something to hang the story on. I have read a few of Jojo Moyes books, some I have not got to end of, some I have devoured and considered re-reading and then some are like this and while I finished it I was pleased to leave it at the railway station book swap.

The Midnight Rose
The Midnight Rose

5.0 out of 5 stars Engrossing., 11 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Midnight Rose (Paperback)
I have read all Lucinda Riley's books but this probably is my favourite. I read it voraciously and was quite unable to put it down. I was charmed and enthralled by all the characters, Anni was particularly captivating. Rebecca lacked back bone but this has been the case for some of Lucinda Riley's female characters but still her part in the story was needed. The only part I found rather odd was Lord Astbury's funny turn at the end of the book, I am not quite sure what the purpose of that was other than to add a distinctly surreal element to the book and jolt you out of the story rather rapidly. But gosh what an ending, heartbreaking really. I was bereft when I finished it. Can't wait for the next book!

Herringbone Stripe pure new wool blanket throw - Olive Green/Bright Pink
Herringbone Stripe pure new wool blanket throw - Olive Green/Bright Pink
Offered by WoolBlanketOnline

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 11 Feb 2014
Soft, warm and stylish, Perfect for those cold nights in front of the tv. I would definitely recommend to anyone.

The Unlikely Pilgrimage Of Harold Fry
The Unlikely Pilgrimage Of Harold Fry
by Rachel Joyce

1.0 out of 5 stars Yawn, 11 Feb 2014
I am totally confused as to how this book has had so many good reviews. I read a lot and prefer books that I come away having learnt something from, this book gave me nothing but excruciating boredom. You could turn to any page of the book and be forgiven for not knowing at what point in the story it was as every page and chapter relies on the same sentiment to fall back on. I have not hated a book for quite some time. Straight to the charity shop although even that leaves me riddled with guilt that I may inflict the same tedium on someone else.

The Lavender Garden
The Lavender Garden

1.0 out of 5 stars The same book!!, 5 Jun 2013
This review is from: The Lavender Garden (Paperback)
I was looking forward to what I thought was going to be Lucinda Riley's new book only to receive it today and discover it is the exact same book at Light Behind the Window which was a wonderful book but as other have said I don't want 2 copies. Nowhere was this made clear that it was the same book repackaged, I don't really understand why this has been done, why make some big song and dance about releasing the same book again but under a different name to catch out fans like us?
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 10, 2013 9:40 AM BST

Google Nexus 4 Screen Protector Case / Guard / Film / Cover 2-in-1 Pack By Terrapin
Offered by ClickJunkie

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT FOR NEXUS 4, 16 April 2013
Received this today and it is not the correct size for Nexus 4, it is too narrow. It has the cut out at the top for the speaker but there is a few millimetres either side that it does not cover.

Samrick S Wave Hydro Gel Protective Case for LG Nexus 4 E960 - Black
Samrick S Wave Hydro Gel Protective Case for LG Nexus 4 E960 - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good, 13 Feb 2013
It is very cheap looking and doesn't fit that well around the edges. It is also quite bulky and makes a slim phone feel chunky.

Sony XBA1 Premium Quality In-Ear Headphones
Sony XBA1 Premium Quality In-Ear Headphones
Offered by Xtreme

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good, 13 Feb 2013
I bought these a few months ago. It comes with a few different size ear buds all of which I tried. They stay in your ear but when you pull them out the ear bud and the actual headphones come apart. The sound was also very tinnie. Not good!