Profile for beverley > Reviews

Content by beverley

beverley

Tower T12001 Soup Maker, 1100 W, 1.5 L - Black
Tower T12001 Soup Maker, 1100 W, 1.5 L - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars The instruction book is not good. The heating element does go off if you ..., 14 May 2016
The instruction book is not good. The heating element does go off if you blend halfway through although I found the 15 mins of no heat allowed the flavour to develop. I shall try not blending halfway through and see what happens. It made an excellent soup of 1 portion to eat and one to freeze. I did put a tiny bit of water and oil in first. cleaning was a breeze. I can see so many possibilities with this definitely not an in the cupboard out of sight gadget for me. Excellent value for the price. I'm well pleased. I think I will get a lot of use out of it.

Morphy Richards 48702 Accents Sear and Stew Slow Cooker - Red
Morphy Richards 48702 Accents Sear and Stew Slow Cooker - Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Past delights, 10 Dec. 2014
Years ago I had a Morphy Richards slow cooker which was a green metal pan on a small square base it died on me after years of service and I have been searching for a metal insert slow cooker. at the moment I fry off in a wok and transfer to slow cooker. I'm going to order one right away.

Beko BDV555AS Electric Cooker Free Standing Silver
Beko BDV555AS Electric Cooker Free Standing Silver
Offered by Idealkit

5.0 out of 5 stars A satisfied customer, 22 Jun. 2014
I bought this cooker from Curry's online but feel so passionate about the reviews on Revoo that I felt I had to review it somewhere. It's a really cheap cooker the instruction manual leaves a lot to be desired but if you read and re-read it it's fairly easy. I previously had a very expensive Hotpoint cooker which never ever attained the correct oven temperatures this one does. The solid hotplates take a bit of getting used to but bring to the boil turn down and let it do it's own thing. All in all a cracking cooker and for the price and a years guarantee I'll rest easy. Hopefully down the line it will endure .

How to be an Everyday Kitchen Magician: Fabulous Food for Almost Free
How to be an Everyday Kitchen Magician: Fabulous Food for Almost Free
by Richard Fox

5.0 out of 5 stars Regualar cook., 21 Jun. 2014
I took this book out from my local library this week. I particularly liked Richards par cook in advance I've been doing this in a limited way for years but only on the day of the meal. I liked the pre cooked veg and reheat in a little butter and water will be doing that for sure.All in all a fascinating read which made good sense.

Shark Portable Pocket (SC660)- Handheld Steam Cleaner
Shark Portable Pocket (SC660)- Handheld Steam Cleaner

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent product, 25 May 2013
Unfortunately I didn't purchase this from Amazon. I have used mine for the first time today.I gave it a good 5 minutes to heat up. It does what it says it will. There is a knack to using it my tip is to pass the wand over the surface you are cleaning slowly to give the steam chance to penetrate. Passing it over quickly and expecting it to do the job is a no no. I'm ashamed to say my stainless steel cooker hood was really greasy also the tiles behind my hob were in a bit of a state. The Shark did the job. If I could say anything negative it would be that if you are tackling serious grime then the scrubber bonnets don't last long in terms of needing washing so a good few spares of those would be handy. I ran it over a mirror and cant't believe the finish.